Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I am once again amazed what this graphics engine is able to deliver on a machine that shouldn't be able to run the game...

I mean, just look at this ethereal glow:
Ethereal 3.jpg

Glowin'.jpg

Steamin'.jpg

And I think we all know the best track for SCO. Deep inside our hearts at least.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4YxCnSqhGk
Wicked cool video, I love the Beastie boys. Remember Star Trek 2009 when a very young Jim Kirk stole his stepdads 1969 Ford Mustang California Special and was driving it like a bat outa hell? He turned on the radio and that song played while the cop was chasing him. I've already played that video 3 times, great music, great scenes.

The P2 has six hard points. That's a lot of gunz to engineer. I may do it though... but when it comes to medium ship-to-ship fights, I rather love my Mamba. Hmm. Food for thought.

And if it's trying to up my ship combat rank (which has been sorely neglected for ages), I drag the Corvette out. It has a rude name but it rather suits its role.

On top of all that, I've yet to unleash the AX monster that is the Pre-Built Chieftain. I may just take it to Asterope for a trial run before diving into the Titan melee oojamaflips.

For right this moment though, I've set a route to Flea who has offered to do some work for me on the P2. Another place I haven't been to for a really long time.

So... hmmm... if one happens to find oneself in a system where one has been before... but doesn't know particularly well... and one were to be looking for uhm "work" ...who might one play for - who's a good friend, or at least a friend of a friend, around here? :]

Oh there's an exhibition on in the concourse - it seems to be abstract/geometric sculpture...? ;]

20240513195552_1.jpg

...oh well, i'm sure no one will mind if i help myself to a few pirates? ^

Attachments

• 20240513192328_1.jpg
    20240513192328_1.jpg
    562.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
So... hmmm... if one happens to find oneself in a system where one has been before... but doesn't know particularly well... and one were to be looking for uhm "work" ...who might one play for - who's a good friend, or at least a friend of a friend, around here? :]

Oh there's an exhibition on in the concourse - it seems to be abstract/geometric sculpture...? ;]

View attachment 392793

...oh well, i'm sure no one will mind if i help myself to a few pirates? ^
The pirates might mind, but I guess they're most likely not to be asked about their opinion about that...

Tbh, i thought an NPC pirate is "opt-in" for PVE... or do i need a specific mission target to be fair? ;)
I thought you were talking about some pirate assassination / massacre missions...

The random NPC pirate that thinks you're a tasty target has signed a contract that should have them knowing what to expect if they attack you.
It's not your fault if they TL;DRed it.

Last edited:
OK. This P2 has issues.

I jumped into Deciat and immediately overheated due to star proximity o_O

Second thing - and this one was my fault: I hit the boost and shot towards Farsser Inc. Before I knew what was happening, I was 14kls away :D Yep, forgot to disengage the SCO. However, there doesn't appear to be an indicator as to when it comes out of cool down. I may be missing something.

And the ship becomes a little wobbly during SCO.

Last edited:
Top Bottom