Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I haven't logged in for a little while, so I wanted to make back the carrier upkeep. I landed on a lovely little moon, with a nitrogen atmosphere, searching for a lone bacterium worth 8.4 million base.

The moon was very, very flat, with lots of these exceptionally interesting rocks (wink wink).
View attachment 394591

The bacterium was easy to locate, and it was everywhere:
View attachment 394592

With the "first logged" bonus it came to 42 million. Just about right :)
That was a frozen waterworld, from the looks of it. Though the ice could have been a different material than H20...

That was a frozen waterworld, from the looks of it. Though the ice could have been a different material than H20.
It was this, so yeah. 87.87% Ice.

Blau Eur US-B d13 6 a

Icy body, thin nitrogen atmosphere, Landable
Mass: 0.15 EM
Radius: 4587.3 km
Distance from Arrival Point 4,554.3ls
Atmospheric Composition:
Nitrogen - 99.95%
Planetary Composition:
Ice - 87.87%
Rock - 10.44%
Metal - 1.69%
Surface Temp: 77K
Gravity: 0.29g
Surface Pressure: 0.02 Atmospheres

I skirted around Acheron into the Formorian Frontier region and now turned out towards The Abyss region. I just couldn't pass that up. There's a fleet carrier or two just a little ways in where I can settle up a few stratum scores.

It's just a little bit hard to slow down and notice anything for wanting to keep the pedal to the metal. This trip pushed Penny past the half a million lightyears total now. But I been pickin these badboys which are a fonticula papadum or something like that. Fonticulua Pakoravegetables.

1717690912434.png

1717690967746.png

Now how'm I gonna find three patches in THIS kind of visibility conditions?!
1717703657618.png

Last edited:
Signed up to the two Community Goals running currently.

I had a bit of luck with the Combat/Bounty Hunting one, I travelled strait there from the High RES where I had been carrying out my previously mentioned science project. When I arrived I found the Compromised Nav Beacon and spent the next hour there shooting all sorts of stuff, then went to sign on and cash in the bounties.

The luck came there as most of the bounties from the previous sessions (enough to use up 4 fighters) counted for the CG and I was in the top 1 contributors, regrettably they wouldn’t stop the CG so I have now slipped down into the top 10 which also won’t last.

But it was a wonderful moment.

I made port in the Abyss. Now somebody shoot off my sensors so I stop getting sidetracked and head home. But careful with the paint I just got it touched up

s4prCEoh.jpg

Kf2b4gdh.jpg

0ByVk6uh.jpg

Now, back out of the Abyss, through the Formorian Frontier, on into the welcoming arms of the milkyway and the next paintjob
1717794356360.png

Signed up to the two Community Goals running currently.

I had a bit of luck with the Combat/Bounty Hunting one, I travelled strait there from the High RES where I had been carrying out my previously mentioned science project. When I arrived I found the Compromised Nav Beacon and spent the next hour there shooting all sorts of stuff, then went to sign on and cash in the bounties.

The luck came there as most of the bounties from the previous sessions (enough to use up 4 fighters) counted for the CG and I was in the top 1 contributors, regrettably they wouldn’t stop the CG so I have now slipped down into the top 10 which also won’t last.

But it was a wonderful moment.

You had got to get on the system channel and be like, "Attention, this Fighter is in the top 1 of all Fighters!"

Last edited:
I have my Apex shuttle * booked for tomorrow A M. with a view to a return to bubble business later in the day **

I hear there's a settlement with a highly rated conflict zone on it just ripe for my visit. Mwahaha.

* Well, it's an Airbus A320...

** Barring any delays (he said knowing full well there will be - there always are) ***

*** My pet peeve about travelling abroad.

I have my Apex shuttle * booked for tomorrow A M. with a view to a return to bubble business later in the day **

I hear there's a settlement with a highly rated conflict zone on it just ripe for my visit. Mwahaha.

* Well, it's an Airbus A320...

** Barring any delays (he said knowing full well there will be - there always are) ***

*** My pet peeve about travelling abroad.
I'm proud of myself. I've resisted the urge to make a joke about requesting the captain flies somewhere to pick up a couple of tons of land mines to make your trip more comfortable 😜🤪

Penny Noon spent the inordinate amount of time this weekend pokin around the edges of a big ol permit lock region in the middle of the formorian frontier. Now, the cargo hatch got so cooked all the limpets and booze fell out. There are only some things can be repaired or synthesized out here!!
1718037952647.png

My alt got its carrier a few weeks back, so am now out in the black, Sidewindering my way around pristine systems. I thought I'd found the most boring planet I'd ever been to, entirely flat and beige, but luckily the local wildlife seemed pleased to see me.

View attachment 394880

Hey you, stop tryin to get a rise out of the local wildlife!

It's been a while since I seen a nebula. Now there's this handsome red pokey one; but also, a little bitty one over there too. A single serving kids size nebula around a black hole in the Bleia Flyuaes. SET COURSE! We're getting out of Newton's Vault!

View attachment 395010View attachment 395011
Just noticed your signature. Allow me to expand... :D

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,
I'm all alone, more or less.
Let me fly, far away from here,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun.

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose,
Drinking fresh, mango juice,
Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,

I'll pack my bags and head into hyperspace
Where I'll succeed at time warp speed
Spend my days in ultraviolet rays

We'll lock on course straight through the universe
You and me and the galaxy
Reach the stage where hyper-drive's engaged
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun.

Last edited:
I'm loving the new SCO FSDs.
It has now become annoying to fly a ship without one.
So far Quain's flagship Krait MKII is the only ship with this drive.
Excluding ships in Colonia and the few rarely used ships that share engineered parts with each other, that's 13 ships to upgrade.
What that is, is an insane number of Datamined Wake Exceptions.
More than 100 are needed.
So I am doing this... a lot...

tsXTJ3u.jpg

And then I have two alt accounts with fewer ships and each of them has only one ship with an SCO FSD so far.
sigh

Top Bottom