Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I'm loving the new SCO FSDs.
It has now become annoying to fly a ship without one.
So far Quain's flagship Krait MKII is the only ship with this drive.
Excluding ships in Colonia and the few rarely used ships that share engineered parts with each other, that's 13 ships to upgrade.
What that is, is an insane number of Datamined Wake Exceptions.
More than 100 are needed.
So I am doing this... a lot...

tsXTJ3u.jpg

And then I have two alt accounts with fewer ships and each of them has only one ship with an SCO FSD so far.
sigh
Have you tried going to Hutton with an SCO?

Rest assured CMDR Quain! But if dent isn't a strong enough word. It might crumple up the time taken

HEY ARSENIC, I been lookin for you. Several tasty globs of arsenic tied with the pretty green hills for this planet's best feasture.
1718354221276.png

A sumptuous lilac nebula with a midnight cornflower end. Out in Newton's Vault near the border to Izanima and the Dryiquae AA-A
1718354919233.png

And the Dryiquae AA-A
1718355230368.png

Just noticed your signature. Allow me to expand... :D

It's cold outside, there's no kind of atmosphere,
I'm all alone, more or less.
Let me fly, far away from here,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun.

I want to lie, shipwrecked and comatose,
Drinking fresh, mango juice,
Goldfish shoals, nibbling at my toes,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,

I'll pack my bags and head into hyperspace
Where I'll succeed at time warp speed
Spend my days in ultraviolet rays

We'll lock on course straight through the universe
You and me and the galaxy
Reach the stage where hyper-drive's engaged
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun, sun,
Fun, fun, fun, In the sun, sun.
When I read this, I hear some surf style music playing in the background...

No. I suppose a Python stacked full of fuel tanks might be interesting. It's such a long distance I'm not sure SCO and around 300t of fuel will make that much of a dent in the time taken.

Phew!
View attachment 395080
Just what I thought and almost immediately packed a freshly bought Python (Mk I) with fuel tanks (about 256t total iirc) and gave it a go - I managed 77mins without planning particularly well, just using the SCO regularly up until half way / maximum “cruise speed” and was starting to get concerned about fuel - actually made it to Hutton with about 25% of the main tank left…

…since then there have been quite a number of record breakers, notably team efforts by Stargoid and crew - afaik, they still hold the record, around 30mins last i saw :)

Hey everyone, long time no post...

What have I been up to?

Well, I bought the P2 Stellar, changed out the cargo rack for an FSD interdictor, then fully (more or less) engineered it and went to play with Federal Security in the CG system...

Source: https://youtu.be/HJaXtEeb00I

Then, after a while ATR showed up...

Source: https://youtu.be/wODhP5Ic_Js

And there were also commanders to play with as well...

Source: https://youtu.be/pM-A_7BzQco
WB & thanks for the vids - not to mention a good escape - my P2 got hit recently while it was parked outside a settlement with me on foot… now I’m wishing for an Executioner upgrade that pierces cockpit canopy so I can put a plasma bolt right between a ganker’s eyes :D

Just what I thought and almost immediately packed a freshly bought Python (Mk I) with fuel tanks (about 256t total iirc) and gave it a go - I managed 77mins without planning particularly well, just using the SCO regularly up until half way / maximum “cruise speed” and was starting to get concerned about fuel - actually made it to Hutton with about 25% of the main tank left…

…since then there have been quite a number of record breakers, notably team efforts by Stargoid and crew - afaik, they still hold the record, around 30mins last i saw :)
Wow. How did they do it?
With a Cutter full of fuel tanks that can't land at Hutton Orbital?
I over half way adding mass manager to the 8 ships I have an SCO drive on now. Elvira Martuuk is a super busy lady and I didn't even try get near Felicity....

Well I keep modest/normal gas tanks since getting used to them; but you would do the same thing and burn it to get out to no man's land up to speed, burn it some more towards the end. Right?

This was leaving behind the Dryiquae AA-A on the border of Izanami. So I wrote a new song called Girl from Izanami Goes to Greenland! Now I am like 20k LY from home, probably find a shootin match like those wetwork jobs before the weekdays strike again.
1718395163337.png

Longest trip ever! *In Noon Family history **Pending official survival
1718397090450.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom