Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Hmm. Thargoid hunting. Need more Guardian stuff. Time for another visit to that region then... I might tool the Anaconda up for that but it'll be a while.

In the meatime, here's a gratuitous screenshot I like: love what B type stars do for the look and feel of planets.

LMva39b.jpg
My recommendation for combat rank: mix it up. Do the Thargoid Scouts, but also take some pirate massacre missions and hit up a few RES, grabbing mats and cash while improving rank.
If your going for some more Guardian stuff, shoot plenty of Sentinels, they count too.

I left "home" station this morning to forage for foodstuffs. It seems my local "system" is rapidly approaching a famine state - the lack of chicken ( ! ), eggs, pasta, potatoes, canned veg, veg in general, rice and beer (a heinous crime - we shouldn't allow such intolerable behaviour) was astounding :cry:

At least one outlet was limiting the purchase of chicken to two items per customer.

forget everything i said before. i have found a weird build that is incredibly fun to use. basically, i wanted to become a small scale smuggler. what ship would be better than a cobra mk3 for that? actually written down a small story about it:

basically, i use a cobra without shields. i do however use 2x4 (g4 engineered) and 2x2 (g3 engineered) hull reinforcements. i have over 2000 hull integrity. i usually have the ole docking routine down pretty well. but you know how it is. you boost too late, deploy landing gear at the wrong time, whatever... and you hit the station. i did collide at speeds that should have a catastrophic outcome. one time i hit the entrance so hard, my ship was swirling for almost 10 seconds. dis but a scratch. it took like two percent off of my hull. being in a cobra, that stuff is easy to repair as well.

so, yea, i'm just doing those small black box smuggling missions and also some planetary scan missions. because, the cobra is small alright, but it can house an srv non the less. also just fun to fly this thing on the surface. it's very agile. it's also got the highest boost speed of all of my ships. 520m/s i think. no weapons so far, but i want to change that. some of those black box missions are traps actually. sometimes i get surprise visitors. with silent running, this boost speed and this hull of course, i can usually survive long enough for the cops to join. i let them do the heavy lifting and just finish off the bad guys, when i have weapons equipped of course. i put railguns on my cobra, yea. because railguns are great. (side question: can you synthesize heat sinks?)

I left "home" station this morning to forage for foodstuffs. It seems my local "system" is rapidly approaching a famine state - the lack of chicken ( ! ), eggs, pasta, potatoes, canned veg, veg in general, rice and beer (a heinous crime - we shouldn't allow such intolerable behaviour) was astounding :cry:

At least one outlet was limiting the purchase of chicken to two items per customer.
Good ol' panic-buying leaves the shops empty for literally anyone with an ounce of sense.

Grr. Drat those navy boys and their inspections. Made me submit to a scan and I missed the HGE timeslot in a war system. I can just see Blakey in the Authority vessel shaking his fist and going "I've got you now, Butler!"

EDIT: It's not my day. Just picked up another HGE a hop, skip and a jump away at 4kls. The snag was I had 9 (yes, nine) seconds in which to reach it :poop:

Last edited:
Don't talk to me about HGEs. I spent the last couple of weeks distributing Hutton Mugs all over some Imperial backwater systems. Subjectively lots of HGEs. All of them containing Imperial Shielding - and nothing else. I'm now well equipped with Imperial Shielding, thank you very much.

I'm getting my revenge, though. I'm pledged to Archon Delaine to get Cytoscramblers, and I'm now collecting Merits by shooting up Imperial supply ships :devilish:. Looks like the Empire doesn't like to waste their shielding on those supply ships. What a shame.

Wife got laid off today. Her company is closing down for at least 3 weeks due to the virus situation. They intend to start back up after that, but who knows what will really happen.

She's the main income earner (I'm on Social Security), so we could be in deep doo doo.

I guess we'll see what happens in the next month or so, but it's pretty scary.

I wish my space ships were real. We'd head out into the black and stay away from all this craziness :)

Stay safe, everyone.

Yes, it is very sad. fwiw I read papers and stuff since nearly two weeks 10 hours a day ( I have a science background) Today it hit me.

I have two hearts beating in my chest. One is analytical and focussed, the other is scared and sad.

I pushed back the scared one successfully until today. While reading a paper, suddenly and totally unexpected, tears shot from my eyes, uncontrollably. The sadness overwhelmed me. I just let it happen. I feel better now.

Wife got laid off today. Her company is closing down for at least 3 weeks due to the virus situation. They intend to start back up after that, but who knows what will really happen.

She's the main income earner (I'm on Social Security), so we could be in deep doo doo.

I guess we'll see what happens in the next month or so, but it's pretty scary.

I wish my space ships were real. We'd head out into the black and stay away from all this craziness :)

Stay safe, everyone.

Oh man, this blows Chief. I hope you can weather the storm!

Turns out that operating a stick and throttle tweaks some of my surgical spots in most uncomfortable manner, so I haven't been able to do much space-shipping. Boooo.

But the soreness is subsiding, so I hope to be flying again, if only for limited periods, soon!

I'm also away to see the Consultant on Friday (27th) to get a revised prognosis now they've had the lump for study.

Yes, it is very sad. fwiw I read papers and stuff since nearly two weeks 10 hours a day ( I have a science background) Today it hit me.

I have two hearts beating in my chest. One is analytical and focussed, the other is scared and sad.

I pushed back the scared one successfully until today. While reading a paper, suddenly and totally unexpected, tears shot from my eyes, uncontrollably. The sadness overwhelmed me. I just let it happen. I feel better now.

Yeah, its a challenge to keep 'a stiff upper lip' at times like these, a little grief venting can be cathartic. Hang in there Max!

Keep safe CMDR's, thinking of y'all through these troubling times!

Last edited:
I am disconnected from the main stream news tsunamis, deliberately. I observe the daily human ignorance where I live, policy failures left, right, center. I follow the science progress, which due to the nature of the beast is slow motion. Everyone will know one at some stage!

It took 3 months to reach >100.000, after that it took only 12 days to reach > 200.000, and three days later we were at > 300.000 infectious accounted for, and that number is much higher in reality, much higher.

Stay home!

If you need to get out, consider all public places contaminated and behave accordingly. Also, sorry if I should state the obvious, but washing hands thoroughly and often will damage the natural protection of your skin, hence dry out your skin very quickly, damaged skin cracks easily, you don't want that to happen.

If you are on immunosuppressive medicine, use both, anti -fungizid and antibiotic hand cream, because washing hands often, you will get more easly harmless, but very irritating local skin infections.

Last edited:
Top Bottom