Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

searching for painite :) dam engineers always want something for a little bit of work :)

I decided to qualify Turner on my LEP account for completion (I was bored) yesterday - I lost count of the number of times I had to synth limpets trying to find Bromellite - only needed 50t - took me HOURS.

(Yes it made me even more bored but too stubborn to give up. :rolleyes: )

Last edited:
I decided to qualify Turner on my LEP account for completion (I was bored) yesterday - I lost count of the number of times I had to synth limpets trying to find Bromellite - only needed 50t - took me HOURS.

(Yes it made me even more bored but too stubborn to give up. :rolleyes: )

I was just in HIP 13644 in a painite hotspot. There was a fair amount of bromellite there.

Painite demand is way down at the moment and I'm sitting on a load. I've expanded my mining to include gold, silver, platinum, osmium and samarium ("Sapphire and Steel have been assigned!") to see how that pans out. Looks like I'll be watching the markets.

And I still haven't gone to look at CG's :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I've found my old copy of Quake 3 Arena which I shall install for when t'internet is down :cool:

These four missions today took me 1 hour to complete, and paid me over 107 million credits. I was quite pleased. This type of mission is showing up regularly now, there's almost always one or two waiting for me when I get back.

I was only interdicted once, by a Chieftain. We tussled and he ran away. I think I need a bit more firepower so they can't escape. Or better aim, that would help too.

Screenshot_0879.jpg

Also, landing at Outposts can be very scenic.

Screenshot_0875.jpg

I was just in HIP 13644 in a painite hotspot. There was a fair amount of bromellite there.

Painite demand is way down at the moment and I'm sitting on a load. I've expanded my mining to include gold, silver, platinum, osmium and samarium ("Sapphire and Steel have been assigned!") to see how that pans out. Looks like I'll be watching the markets.

And I still haven't gone to look at CG's :rolleyes:

On the plus side, I've found my old copy of Quake 3 Arena which I shall install for when t'internet is down :cool:
Details of the only CG for this week, nicked from Inara

SUPPORT SIRIUS ATMOSPHERICS INITIATIVE BY PROVIDING AMMONIA WORLD EXPLORATION DATA.
OBJECTIVE: Deliver Ammonia World exploration data. Mapping gives 3x points
REWARD: For two weeks, exploration data handed in at Betancourt Base gives four times the payout.

PROGRESS: Tier 0/5
CONTRIBUTORS: 57
CONTRIBUTIONS: 1,314
TIME LEFT: 6D 14H 0M

Details of the only CG for this week, nicked from Inara

SUPPORT SIRIUS ATMOSPHERICS INITIATIVE BY PROVIDING AMMONIA WORLD EXPLORATION DATA.
OBJECTIVE: Deliver Ammonia World exploration data. Mapping gives 3x points
REWARD: For two weeks, exploration data handed in at Betancourt Base gives four times the payout.

PROGRESS: Tier 0/5
CONTRIBUTORS: 57
CONTRIBUTIONS: 1,314
TIME LEFT: 6D 14H 0M

Thanks for the tip. Parked the Vulture and took the Krait MkII out spotting ammonia worlds (sadly, without the engineered DSS - idiot), and delivered some data to Sirius Armospherics which finally got me to Pioneer. Elite Explorer still seems a long way off.

These four missions today took me 1 hour to complete, and paid me over 107 million credits. I was quite pleased. This type of mission is showing up regularly now, there's almost always one or two waiting for me when I get back.

I was only interdicted once, by a Chieftain. We tussled and he ran away. I think I need a bit more firepower so they can't escape. Or better aim, that would help too.

View attachment 198123

Also, landing at Outposts can be very scenic.

View attachment 198124
Yes quite. One jump delivery missions for 120-180T are paying 35m cr or so. We're gonna be rich, rich I tell ya! I'm building up a combat Phantom to compare with my MkII and have funded the whole thing just from combat and delivery income this week. It almost feels like cheating.

Thanks for the tip. Parked the Vulture and took the Krait MkII out spotting ammonia worlds (sadly, without the engineered DSS - idiot), and delivered some data to Sirius Armospherics which finally got me to Pioneer. Elite Explorer still seems a long way off.
You could fly to Colonia and back using a regular ship/scoop jump. I made around 100m cr in exploration data and finished the entire final rank on explorer in the round trip. Was under half way there when I started IIRC.

You could fly to Colonia and back using a regular ship/scoop jump. I made around 100m cr in exploration data and finished the entire final rank on explorer in the round trip. Was under half way there when I started IIRC.
Interesting i
Suggestion. Have been wondering about Colonia... haven’t tried a Neutron jump yet either. Wonder how long that might take in my DBX (which does about 58LY jumps)?

Interesting i
Suggestion. Have been wondering about Colonia... haven’t tried a Neutron jump yet either. Wonder how long that might take in my DBX (which does about 58LY jumps)?
Hmm. I have a DBX for mini exploration trips. I wouldn't go to Colonia in it though, the fuel scoop size is less than ideal.
I'd pick something that can equip a bigger scoop. Asp Explorer maybe.

Don't get me wrong, DBX is a fantastic exploration ship while you're actually exploring. If you decide you want to get somewhere fast... Not so good, scooping gets old real fast.

Ymmv.

Interesting i
Not sure and depends, of course, where you are starting from, but FWIW - I have done the round trip 2½ times. The last time I was in a 45ly range Asp Scout, was leaving from roughly north east Bubble and it was 106 jumps one way. Pack a class A scoop! But obviously, the greater your jump range, the lower your haul of exploration data on arrival... I headed straight up at first, to take myself off a beaten track, and hit several 'first discovered's. Was fun, lucrative, and got me to double elite. Er.. winner winner chicken dinner.

With the DBX, the limit is the scoop time, so if you're just jonking through with no Neutron boosts, you'll be pressed to reach 1 minute per jump - better make that 70 seconds.
20,000 ly/50 ly = 400 jumps, with 70 seconds per jump that'll be 466 minutes, or just shy of 8 hours.
If you want to go exploring, triple that at least, depending on how much time you're going to spend with FSS and DSS (and the camera).

Thanks all - and rough order of magnitude is helpful, Simon Templar!

I did the Palin trek in the Krait, which has since acquired a Guardian FSD booster. Maybe I’ll gear up in that. I’m currently resting in the Coalsack at Betancourt/CG place.

Thanks all - and rough order of magnitude is helpful, Simon Templar!

I did the Palin trek in the Krait, which has since acquired a Guardian FSD booster. Maybe I’ll gear up in that. I’m currently resting in the Coalsack at Betancourt/CG place.
No problem. The real shlepp was when I did it in a Cutter, because you couldn't get them up there, and before I had the Guardian FSD booster unlocked. That took such an age that I have entirely blocked out all memory of how many jumps it was.

Top Bottom