Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

I have had my Dalek air-conditioner running every day (I have a health issue with heat) and not felt like running anything with high GPU load - just to stop my toes from getting hot. I tripped over a daft looking thing in a Steam sale - turns out to be a really fun sub-£10 peep building game but with Space Whales (not had one of them yet). So what I am up to is playing with hexagons on little planets in "Before We Leave".

For low GPU load with a leisurely-paced game type (with no opponents), I quite like "The Settlers" franchise but that got crappier the longer it went on. The 2nd iteration was probably the best although III, which I have now in case of emergencies, is pretty good.

Personally I've got Anno 2205 as my "go to" for relaxation. Unlike other Anno games which are competitive (multiple factions on the same map, fighting at sea and settling islands, 2205 is very different. There are two dedicated naval combat maps but two or three "story battles" aside, you don't have to play them and the areas to settle are yours and yours only to settle. Other factions settle other areas and you can buy them later if you want them.
The only thing that resembles competitive gameplay is stock market - a whole gameplay loop where you can buy other factions' stocks and they can buy yours. But it's completely optional, not even needed for the story mode.
Other than that, it's just city-building and balancing Anno-style.
Many people crap on this title because it's simpler and easier than all other Anno games, but personally I love it for those exact reasons. :)

Well if we're talking about other games, I've been playing an odd one lately called WilderMyth.

It's kind of a board game/card game/rpg/storyteller/turn-based tacital thingy. Yeah, it's hard to pigeonhole.

I wasn't sure I would like it at first, but it grew on me. It's not perfect, but there's a certain charm to it, and the battles are pretty fun. There are a lot of twists and turns in each game you play, and the characters are interesting. I'm not a big fan of the artwork, but it does the job.

It's made by a small indy group, and they've done a pretty darn good job on it.

I'm not sure he understands what "assassination" means ...
1627027916904.png

I'm up near the top of the galaxy, above the bubble, and it's curious as to how many systems I'm finding with no planeatary bodies, just stars. Windle Poons is itching to get planetside :D

EDIT Good job I backed up my binds some time ago... I keep losing various ones and have to redo them.

Screenshot_1439.jpg

I'm getting close to being able to upgrade my Mav suit to Grade 5. Glitches have been holding me back, though. I had 3 scavenge missions bug out. Two just didn't spawn the required wreckage site, and one that did, but after I killed all 3 waves of scavengers the server died and I lost the mission.

But most of my missions have been working. I did an assassinate mission that turned out lucky.

I had just landed at the targets location, and just started looking around the base to figure out where a terminal might be so that I could locate my unfortunate target. The first guard I scanned was my target, and was far from everyone else.

Boom. All done. No bounty. Good to go. lol.

I'm missing a trick (or three) when doing exobiology. For example:

• Find planet with 5 signs
  • Land, spot and sample two straight away
  • No others around so I take off into SC
  • Reland
  • Same two plants

I've tried flying to almost the opposite side of the planet, tried different terrains, search craters, driven for miles. I can never see any more types.

🤷‍♂️

This is why I think the planet scans lie :D

being a murder hobo. did two missions failed both, So grab a sidewinder and blow the little npc up, turn out to be pointless execise has with a few seconds the next 5 turn up.then the next 5.....etc etc

i stuck in chapak system. No ships transportation module ,no ship buying module and have a delivery mission in 4 hours time.apparently this is why i did a delivery CG for.:(
1627166319354.jpeg

re edit : found out that the system map is wrong. the chargaff was updated to a full blown station from the small installions.along with three others? fdev have not added the corrected icon to the map or description

Last edited:
This is an annoying bug. And the second planet in a row I've encountered it on, both in the same system.

Clearly, there is a bio here ready for scanning but the scanner doesn't seem to think so:

bG0wFI3.jpg

And the amount of bio's on any given planet isn't the same as what my DSS probes say :D I'm convinced they are lying to me!

To correct my previous post about this, have a look here:

Top Bottom