Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

Well I have no clue who they are, and since I play Solo only they could not have seen me anywhere in game. I just deleted the requests. If you can't be bothered to talk to me before sending such a request, I figure we have nothing to talk about :)
If you are only playing Solo, as I am, I assume they've requested you here at he forum ? Otherwise how else could they request you to be a friend ? You'd never meet them in Solo Mode ...... 😯

If you are only playing Solo, as I am, I assume they've requested you here at he forum ? Otherwise how else could they request you to be a friend ? You'd never meet them in Solo Mode ...... 😯
Nope, in game I got the friend requests. I don't know how they found me, or who they are. It's just spam to me.

I think - and I could be wrong - chat is persistent across modes even if your CMDRs physical presence isn't visible.
Yes, chat is across modes. But this was not chat, it was just in the COMMs panel.

A few days ago I had this rather disconcerting experience involving a container and a (presumably) dead technician - peace to their soul.

Opening the lid didn't make it go any better.

Well, that was that. Heard of a person of dubious legitimacy giving away Imperial Couriers, and the idea of a zero-rebuy nimble fighter was appealing to me, so, here we are.

Loadout: https://s.orbis.zone/hjjy

A couple of things could be made lighter, a couple of others could be engineered a notch or two further but it's a lot of fun already. KWS was sort of mandatory as I hang out a lot in anarchy systems.

People keep saying we need more variety for on foot so maybe once Fleet Carrier interiors are here we can get a range of buckets or bowsers to carry the fuel back and forth.
Nah, just scoop it into your mouth and spit it back out.

On the subject of FC interiors. I am eagerly awaiting what kind of bu features we will get with the update. Colored snakes on jump? Falling thru the bridge? FC lavatories?

Last edited:
Nah, just scoop it into your mouth and spit it back out.

On the subject of FC interiors. I am eagerly awaiting what kind of bu features we will get with the update. Colored snakes on jump? Falling thru the bridge? FC lavatories?
I reckon...

... We'll get full protonic reversal in the flux capacitors leading to towel deprecation whilst standing upside down in the toilet eating peanuts and drinking three pints of beer

Probability 100,000:1 and falling...

I took on a Covert Heist type mission on Alt CMDR, because it offered 5 Manufacturing Instructions.

When I got there, it turned out to be one of those installations that have the PWR building connected to a bunch of Labs and stuff, with no door to the PWR building. That meant I'd have to work my way through a bunch of restricted areas without raising any suspicions or alarms. Alt CMDR does not have silenced weapons, which makes such missions more difficult. I almost bailed on it when I saw the layout, but decided to give it a go anyway.

I was very patient, watching and waiting until I could get inside the first door (Access LVL 1) by cloning the ID off a passing researcher. Inside were more researchers, but no guards yet.

I had to stand outside the restricted area for quite a while until I saw a chance to rush through it to the other side (which was not restricted), without being seen. I slowly worked my way past a few more restricted areas, until I was near to the PWR room.

There was a guard in the hallway with Access Lvl 2. Probably not enough, but better than what I had, and he was in the way. I dumped my cloned ID, approached the guard, and let him scan me. As soon as his hands were occupied with the scanner, I shot him with my pistol. It took 2 shots to eliminate him, and luckily no-one came running at the sound. I cloned his ID and proceeded into the next room.

There was a researcher with Lvl 3 access in the restricted area. I snuck up behind and took him out, cloning his ID for myself. This time a researcher in the next room heard the ruckus, and came in with his pistol raised. He spotted me, still in the restricted area and next to a dead body. I had to shoot him as well, and ducked into the next room where I was confronted by yet another researcher who immediately started shooting at me. Bang, bang, no more researchers in the area.

I found the PWR room and turned off the alarms. I sliced open the locker that held my objective and took it. No one else showed up to stop me, so I retraced my steps back out of the complex.

Mission successful. It was a bit stressful there in the middle, but I managed to pull it off. Here's Alt CMDR returning to her ship as the adrenaline starts to wear off ;)

VESPER-M4 (20211222-092037).jpg

Did I mention I love the Odyssey missions? That was fun. :)

high foot cz for me. 4 million first one, 5 million for the second, thoose l6's sure do come in handy :p

a few exploratory finds.
the second was fun, shooting into space wait for the legs to stop wiggling around then plumet back to surface.....i died. lost the srv and was still thinking on the guys legs wiggling around.:)

Attachments

• Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.12.22 - 13.49.43.75.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.12.22 - 13.49.43.75.png
    536.6 KB · Views: 41
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.12.22 - 17.22.38.80.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.12.22 - 17.22.38.80.png
    497.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.12.22 - 17.23.43.03.png
    Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2021.12.22 - 17.23.43.03.png
    696.2 KB · Views: 50
high foot cz for me. 4 million first one, 5 million for the second, thoose l6's sure do come in handy :p

a few exploratory finds.
the second was fun, shooting into space wait for the legs to stop wiggling around then plumet back to surface.....i died. lost the srv and was still thinking on the guys legs wiggling around.:)
Yeah I have a geyser shot like that some number of pages back. Might have even gotten video. The suits def need an altimeter...

Last edited:
Decided to try 3 beams setup on my vette . TTK seems improved as the beam drop target shield fast. I would say, don't get frighten by the numbers (I'm referring to cap drain time in this case) from EDSY or Coriolis, one must actually test it to conclude whether the build works or not.

14s fire time with 1.5-1.5-3 bips from 3 beams is actually enough to drop shields on most targets (stock NPCs only), as the 3c beam is under belly, you can't be firing all beams all the time unless the target is still. The cap drain worry is actually non exists. :devilish:

Vette is such a joy to fly with. 🥰

Back
Top Bottom