Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

After a long time away, I am back, but have had to start again - game entirely froze on my old account - so I'm no longer a gazillionaire, gadding about in an engineered T10, I now have a T6, just starting out on engineering, but at least the game runs. I'm finding the back to basics feel of having to save for small modules kind of liberating. I have gone Sidewinder-Hauler-Adder-T6 but think I will now stick with my little red T6 'Orpheus' entirely until I have some engineers unlocked. Felicity just invited me so it's T6, mats and light trading for me. Good to be back, although my faith in the game's stability has been shaken - 'adjudication errors' don't have undermine one's immersion. Still, I am back for now.

o7

Hey hey! Welcome back indeed!

Hope you can give the exploration fing another chance - I seem to remember your dislike at the time of its introduction - it's really quite good although there are still one or two bugs.

As for adjudication errors, I think there are still a few issues for them to iron out on that but, on the whole, it is pretty stable.

Again, welcome back to the fold. You'll be back in a T10 on no time. Especially as, apparently, mining is so rewarding now.

@@@07

Last edited:
Me too... welcome back. Sorry to hear about your problems. I have to say I've had very few connection problems during my time in ED, and most of those have been issues with my broadband, or random stuff like my ISP updating the router software.

Good luck with the restart. It should, at least, go quicker this time around!
Mine doesn't seem to be down to a local issue - my wife works from home for a data agency, so we have fiber installed by Mrs Templar's work, and I trade currencies, so run live price charts with no lag all day, plus my other games work a treat - but Elite on the old account on Xbox One simply gave me an adjudication error when I pulled up the mission board. I played without missions for a while, but then it simply gave me an adjudication error when even trying to load the game. Same happened when I loaded the game and tried to access my saved commander on a newer Xbox One X in my own games room. So couldn't get on the game at all. However, deleting my save seems to have cleared it, at least for now, so I am an impoverished young Dealer/Scout, enjoying the challenge and freedom of making a T6 all it can ever be, so overall it is pretty liberating. Just find myself crossing fingers each time that the game won't crash. So far, so good, though.

Thank you for the good wishes - as you say, things should progress more quickly, this time, and I know the path I want to tread, so overall I am making good progress even without being Allied with any factions. So it's all good, as long as it lasts.

Hey hey! Welcome back indeed!

Hope you can give the exploration fing another chance - I seem to remember your dislike at the time of its introduction - it's really quite good although there are still one or two bugs.

As for adjudication errors, I think there are still a few issues for them to iron out on that but, on the whole, it is pretty stable.

Again, welcome back to the fold. You'll be back in a T10 on no time. Especially as, apparently, mining is so rewarding now.

@@@07

I think I will avoid the FSS entirely, to be honest with you, but it seems that they have fixed the old point and click 'exploring' in my absence (certainly it works where previously it wouldn't) and, similarly, I can now pull up weapons without any issues (on the Xbox controller that was also giving me issues), so we have reached a situation where each can play as they wish, which suits me just fine. So it is the life of an analogue explorer/trader for me, and I am happy with that! There were plenty of ships I had never tried, before, so if I ever get the urge to move beyond T6 life there are new challenges too discover - Krait Phantom, Mamba, FDL, Corvette, Cutter, Python and Anaconda have all never been in my collection (largely owing to an unhealthy obsession with T-Series ships and the Clipper!) so it is a brave new world out there.

Mining, you make a good point, though - love to get into that new mining system. Python or T9 I guess?

Thank you for the welcome. It's as though I were never away!

o7

Could you do a Guardian, say, FSD booster blueprint, in your ship?

I know next to nothing about that stuff.
No, because none of the pylons will raise up unless you approach them in the SRV.
Once they're up you can charge them up with ship mounted weapons.
I found dumbfire missiles worked on the Sentinels nicely.

I think you can whizz around in the SRV to raise all the pylons, then jump in your ship etc.

No, because none of the pylons will raise up unless you approach them in the SRV.
Once they're up you can charge them up with ship mounted weapons.
I found dumbfire missiles worked on the Sentinels nicely.

I think you can whizz around in the SRV to raise all the pylons, then jump in your ship etc.

Or, as a much better alternative, have a friend covering you from the air while you're zooming around.

Mine doesn't seem to be down to a local issue - my wife works from home for a data agency, so we have fiber installed by Mrs Templar's work, and I trade currencies, so run live price charts with no lag all day, plus my other games work a treat - but Elite on the old account on Xbox One simply gave me an adjudication error when I pulled up the mission board. I played without missions for a while, but then it simply gave me an adjudication error when even trying to load the game. Same happened when I loaded the game and tried to access my saved commander on a newer Xbox One X in my own games room. So couldn't get on the game at all. However, deleting my save seems to have cleared it, at least for now, so I am an impoverished young Dealer/Scout, enjoying the challenge and freedom of making a T6 all it can ever be, so overall it is pretty liberating. Just find myself crossing fingers each time that the game won't crash. So far, so good, though.

Thank you for the good wishes - as you say, things should progress more quickly, this time, and I know the path I want to tread, so overall I am making good progress even without being Allied with any factions. So it's all good, as long as it lasts.

I think I will avoid the FSS entirely, to be honest with you, but it seems that they have fixed the old point and click 'exploring' in my absence (certainly it works where previously it wouldn't) and, similarly, I can now pull up weapons without any issues (on the Xbox controller that was also giving me issues), so we have reached a situation where each can play as they wish, which suits me just fine. So it is the life of an analogue explorer/trader for me, and I am happy with that! There were plenty of ships I had never tried, before, so if I ever get the urge to move beyond T6 life there are new challenges too discover - Krait Phantom, Mamba, FDL, Corvette, Cutter, Python and Anaconda have all never been in my collection (largely owing to an unhealthy obsession with T-Series ships and the Clipper!) so it is a brave new world out there.

Mining, you make a good point, though - love to get into that new mining system. Python or T9 I guess?

Thank you for the welcome. It's as though I were never away!

o7

I have no experience, but I would say the Python as the T9 handles like an old style river barge without horses to pull it.

I have no experience, but I would say the Python as the T9 handles like an old style river barge without horses to pull it.
Python for efficiency and protection.💰💰💰

T-9 for fun, because you're slightly mad and like a challenge.:D(y)
D9CL3ceXoAIAGOQ

D9CMmMvXUAA9gGL

Last edited:
In case of T9, it's more like an oil tanker pushed by a river barge. :LOL:

Absolutely!
I helped a couple of Cmdrs.
Also hovering over the pylon locations if they are unfamiliar with the site.
Gotta be careful about blowing up the Guardian artefacts with missiles though. :ROFLMAO:
Do you equip one C1 beam as a laser pointer? :)

Python for efficiency and protection.💰💰💰

T-9 for fun, because you're slightly mad and like a challenge.:D(y)
D9CL3ceXoAIAGOQ

D9CMmMvXUAA9gGL
The trouble is, you each make a compelling case!!

It’s a T6 for me for the foreseeable, anyway - and I guess engineers will take some time to gather, anyway - to explore and trade and get my ranks up. So I’ll ponder while out in the black. Would love a T6 miner but I fear I couldn’t haul all the kit!

The trouble is, you each make a compelling case!!

It’s a T6 for me for the foreseeable, anyway - and I guess engineers will take some time to gather, anyway - to explore and trade and get my ranks up. So I’ll ponder while out in the black. Would love a T6 miner but I fear I couldn’t haul all the kit!
You need something with a size two hardpoint for the...for the...er, core explody thingy.
Small ships are a good starting point for core mining, fast and manoeuvrable is good.

@Simon Templar

The AspX is a good alternative to the Keelback mining wise. It's not much more expensive when equipped and have a similar great view from the cockpit. If you avoid the docking computer and supercruise, it has decent space. I started core mining in an AspX, and that quickly got me going. If you mine opals, each ton of opal is worth 1.6 million CR, when sold to the right station (check at EDDB).

Something like this will get you on the way for 8.7 million CR, and with a little luck it will easily pay itself on the first trip:

Edit: This build is "as cheap as possible", but you can upgrade after a few mining trips.

Watch some videos, if you haven't done so already, as core mining is complicated when you begin. I can highly recommend these:
Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVqT8SHE9gc

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMZPQ-PSYgk

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htdpct-6Mg8

2nd Edit: It might actually be fun to build myself one like above and see how much I can earn on the first trip. BRB... ;)

3rd Edit: If you dare to, you can swap the fuel scoop with another Collector Limpet Controller. That will speed things up, because you spend a lot of time waiting for the limpets to collect the goodies.

Last edited:
After a long time away, I am back, but have had to start again - game entirely froze on my old account - so I'm no longer a gazillionaire, gadding about in an engineered T10, I now have a T6, just starting out on engineering, but at least the game runs. I'm finding the back to basics feel of having to save for small modules kind of liberating. I have gone Sidewinder-Hauler-Adder-T6 but think I will now stick with my little red T6 'Orpheus' entirely until I have some engineers unlocked. Felicity just invited me so it's T6, mats and light trading for me. Good to be back, although my faith in the game's stability has been shaken - 'adjudication errors' don't half undermine one's immersion. Still, I am back for now.

o7
Starting again from scratch can be daunting,but experience helps more rapid advancement and does make you appreciate the early stages al lot better.When you have 'everything' it can be hard to find the motivation to continue, simply because there's nothing left to do.But i can understand how irksome it must be to lose the lot.Sometimes the gods of t'intenet can be harsh.
Welcome back.

In the AspX above I managed to mine three rocks in a lousy hotspot before I bumped into another rock and had to fly back for repair. Still, 29.1 mill CR from diamonds, Grandidierite and Alexandrite in one trip in a 8.7 mill CR ship :)

The shield is too weak. I'd go for a better one and some boosters. Then it needs a bigger power plant. The ship actually handles very well among the asteroids. Yaw is very weak with E class thrusters, but pitch and roll is fine. The hardpoints are well positioned, and the cockpit view in VR is excellent. Might have to upgrade and engineer it just for fun. 96 T cargo is enough for a quickie.

More Massacres! I'm killing stuff! Conflict, baby, conflict!
I did a couple more conflict zones today. Then when I got bored of that I tried another planetary mission, this one was to scan a data point.

I wondered if I could do it from my ship, without using the SRV, seeing as how I was able to do the power grid one from my ship yesterday.

Turns out, I could indeed scan the data point from my ship. I wonder when they changed that, I missed it.

The Corvette was not ideal for this because it has such a long nose. I had to come in vertically to get close enough to scan (see pic below):

By the time I lined it all up, I had a trespass bounty and everything was shooting at me. But it turned out to be just a trespass bounty, 1000 credits. The scanning itself was legal, so if I was faster I could have probably done it without the bounty.

It paid over 2 million credits, for a few minutes work (but I took the Biotech Conductors instead :) ).

Do you wanna sell those conductors? 🧐

I know it is part of the game design, and I don't mind grinding, but boy would it be nice, if you were able to trade mats paying with something else than mats. Grinding is only ok if it's enjoyable, and we all have different standards when it comes to enjoyment. I'm not an economist, but it's obvious that the economics in ED is somewhat stone age. I'll trade a pig to another pig...

🐷🐷 = ☑

🐷🧀 = ⚠

💰💰💰🧀 = ⚠

I did a long trip to a lot crystal shards recently, so I'm all stocked up on raw mats. In a strange way, I also kind of enjoy flying around a busy station scanning wakes. But I keep getting low on manufactured mats. I have never really figured out how to target a USS in SC to scan it, and then switch back to my original target once I see that it's just people fighting and not potential pharma isolators. Maybe I should check up on that.

Is it possible to honk the system instead of scanning the nav beacon?

Top Bottom