Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

The AX Vulture is definitely on the cards for a future build.

Just finished copying my Challenger build over from PS4.
Engineering finished, testing a few weapon configs, can't quite decide.

Next ships to do:

Copy over AX Asp Scout from PS4.

AX Crusader, when I've hit combat Elite.

AX Vulture.

Yes, it's all about the AX at the moment. :D

Dusted off the cargo T-9 for a few runs at the CG.
D_OqurLXoAYMLNk

I watched a video about the Vulture the other day. It was a pretty good video (https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-vulture-the-pilot.516973/ ).

But it got me thinking about my first Vulture. That was a long time ago, before Engineers. I had one for a while as a stepping stone to the Python. That's how I thought of it then. I hung out at RES sites and CGs until I could afford the Python.

Anyway, I got it in my head to build a new one, and I fussed around on Coriolis for a while deciding what kind of crazy monster I could make for myself, given today's Engineering.

It looks cool with those big old multis on it, I think:

View attachment 136974

I forgot how nimble the Vulture is. I got it all pretty much set up the way I envisioned, and took it out to the HIRES for a test run. It rolls and pitches so quickly I was overshooting and overcorrecting like mad, haha. I need to practice with it now. And I need a better name for it :p

But it held up extremely well, no issues, no heat problems, lots of firepower. It's pretty fun.

I made another Vulture build in Coriolis that represents what my original Vulture would have been like, given the equipment I remember using back then. Then I used Coriolis to compare the new and old builds. Massive difference!

View attachment 136975

I wonder what my old self would think of this Vulture?? :D

This is the build so far:

Just realised... my Vulture has the same paint job.

I just submitted my first entry for the Buckyball Seven Sisters race. It was not the best run, but it qualifies at least, lol. I'll be doing more runs later this week to try to improve my time.

Info about the race is here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...s-speedway-13-jul-3305-to-21-jul-3305.516503/

And my video is there.

There's even a regulation Hauler class so you don't need a special ship to compete. I went in my DBX because I can land it pretty well (when I'm not trying to race, that is :p ).

Fun stuff :)

That was odd... "Mission retrieval failed. Listing currently available missions" or words to that effect just popped up in a message box whilst trying to access the Mission Board. It's back now but it all feels a little sluggish. Ooo-wee-ooo--ooo etc.

Edit to add:

Just happened again:

42ChcXe.jpg

Last edited:
I just submitted my first entry for the Buckyball Seven Sisters race. It was not the best run, but it qualifies at least, lol. I'll be doing more runs later this week to try to improve my time.

Info about the race is here: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...s-speedway-13-jul-3305-to-21-jul-3305.516503/

And my video is there.

There's even a regulation Hauler class so you don't need a special ship to compete. I went in my DBX because I can land it pretty well (when I'm not trying to race, that is :p ).

Fun stuff :)
Yeah,I saw that.As usual when the good stuff comes up,i'm halfway across and going the opposite way.Which is a shame,'cos the hip hop look fly.42'~43' is very doable.I reckon i could break 58' in a scout. :giggle:
It hasn't stopped me from engineering an entry,though. Still some D thrusters and an A FSD to find.Might think about shipping one over when i get back to port.
Got it nicely balanced at 32,but the degradation is shocking.Hovering just above 31 after one jump.Fun times.
Found a nice blue planet and an obliging AI viper pilot (Alexander the Great,no less),so we did a little shadow dancing.I do find you get a better class of AI in solo.Funny thing is,even after i scanned him i couldn't find any record of the data even in the codex session logs.
sd6.jpg

'Fantasy Buckyball'..\o/

Back in the bubble and on the helm of the T-10 Defender, engenieering it atm to go out exploring in the whale...
Will i take longer to come back in the end, for sure, will it sometimes be a pain to fly? Yes! But its all about having fun, and this thing can take almost all i want to have in a exploration trip, and i can turn it into a little armor and shield tank if i need to, but i wont, just enough to dont be bothered if im pulled over by any NPC.

ehnmad.jpg

Spent most of the weekend sitting in maintenance and putting together a respectable build.I have one hot build which costs me a small fortune in cleaning bills,but i am loathe to get rid of,since it seems to annoy my enemy so much.(It is the only game entity that i consider myself to be in a state of conflict with).
Anyway,taken all the engineered parts out of the Hummingbird, and into the new Dragonfly,so the rig is beginning to come together.
She's running a shade under 33.
Tomorrow i plan on taking a look at the course.
Fun times.Eh oh.\o/

TLDR: A-hats in Hephaestus.

Last edited:
Top Bottom