Newcomer / Intro What are you up to?

system state BLIGHT, imperial Faction HGE: Civil Unrest, spawns imperial shielding.

I give up, it is just random.
It isn't, but the rules are weird and with the multiple factions in multiple states that they introduced a while back it might as well be.

All I do nowadays is load up on whatever G5 stuff I can find, and trade for what I need. It's easy to fill up on the more common G5 stuff. I got Proto Radiolic Alloys up the wazoo.

:)

It isn't, but the rules are weird and with the multiple factions in multiple states that they introduced a while back it might as well be.

All I do nowadays is load up on whatever G5 stuff I can find, and trade for what I need. It's easy to fill up on the more common G5 stuff. I got Proto Radiolic Alloys up the wazoo.

:)
After they changed all the HGE kerfuffle, I started a spreadsheet and was constantly checking and taking notes.
My conclusions after a couple of months:

Bin the spreadsheet and don't worry about the mechanism. 🤷‍♀️

You may think it's a long way to walk down the length of a Corvette but that's just peanuts compared to a Lowell Class Explorer.

R6DeF3I.jpg

Last edited:
giphy-downsized.gif

You got a point there! Must check that next time!

Reading between your lines, albeit being only one, I guess you expect the faction to not have been imperial, but independent or alliance instead. Makes sense.
Actually, there were no lines - I do NOT hunt HGEs; I know it's a heart of darkness. I exploit the "" out of the ones I find on my travels instead. Save the GIFs for someone taking it more seriously than you!

Last edited:
Hello I play commander Red Orchid, a gutsy woman plying her trade amongst the stars.(In RL I am male). I fly the Nightflyer, a viper mklll. Currently I am sticking to the pilots federation until I get better in combat. So far courier,delivery,and cargo missions seem to be paying well!(on my way to 3 mill credits first week!). Going to try conflict next to get the hang of it. Normally I am a guildmaster in Elder Scrolls online, but have become addicted to Elite Dangerous. So hello all!
Welcome! and fly dangerous!
(but not without rebuy)

Watching Sabine from my office window
vkxvlVP.jpg

That part of the building is still standing. The part to the right, though (which houses a police headquarters) has lost the tarpaper and isolation from the roof.
Got to the office allright this morning (using the bus) - but on arriving in the city, the driver announced that trains are cancelled until 11:00.

Update: looks like the fire brigade is on the roof now.

Mxep4H0.jpg

another update, after walking one floor up:
pb6iy5k.jpg

Last edited:
Pheew!

Dog's operation positive! Tumor successfully removed. Pretty stormy drive, back home safe.

Good to hear!

Watching Sabine from my office window
vkxvlVP.jpg

That part of the building is still standing. The part to the right, though (which houses a police headquarters) has lost the tarpaper and isolation from the roof.
Got to the office allright this morning (using the bus) - but on arriving in the city, the driver announced that trains are cancelled until 11:00.

Update: looks like the fire brigade is on the roof now.

Mxep4H0.jpg

another update, after walking one floor up:
pb6iy5k.jpg

:eek:

-------------

Decided to drag out the AspX for old times' sake to do a little exploration in. What I hadn't noticed was that, after I'd fitted the Guardian booster, it actually jumps 5LYs further than my Phantom. Hmm... interesting.

Last edited:
Still surviving in combat medium and high intensity areas, taken out Spec ops alphas from full shields.
Also NPC elite corvettes and imperial cutters. My battle tactics are working. Finally understood the 'y' key binding.
My fire group 1 has beams on button one and pulse laser on button two. Start beaming first, turreted beams with wide angle
sensor lets the burn stay on target longer. Set to target power distributors. On a large corvette, this can leave it sitting stranded
with no thrusters. an easy finish follows. Targeted pulses and shock cannon cleaning up quickly enough. No rebuys as yet, 74% master.

I adjusted my graphic settings to turn most things low or off. What made the most FPS difference to my system was setting super sampling to x0.65.
Looked really chunky on the text edges. Compromised to x0.75. now my glasses do not need glasses.

Enough fighting for now...

vMlhm1H.jpg

As I'm Elite in trading (and exploring), does this mean I'm now Elite: Dangerous? Arf. Bet that's never been said before :D

Anyway, off to see Lori.

EDIT: She wants Kongga Ale. And you get it from "Laplace Ring". The funny thing is, there are two Laplace Ring's, one of which is in Balante. That is not the ring I am looking for. And it's another "oh, you can only have x units so you'll have to make the journey twice". Seems a bit of unnecessary time sink. Ah well. Ce la vie.

Last edited:
When the Universe goes "Mkay... Well. Fuel scoop this then!":

HighResScreenShot_2020-02-11_17-34-39 (2).jpg

Been away from the galaxy for some days, but today I went back to Colonia to switch back to the Conda and do some more adjustments to the setup. Northpin gave me a good advice, being that you can disable the PD. This both lowers the heat produced, meaning you can start charging the FSD earlier, but it also gave me room to squeeze in a 5H FSD booster instead of a 4H, and while I was at it, I unlocked Etienne Dorn. 74+ ly lump range including SRV and a fighter in matching colors.

HighResScreenShot_2020-02-11_16-19-57 (3).jpg

Right now I'm heading up as high as I can get, to see how high that is, here in the halo above the core.

Last edited:
Top Bottom