What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Wow! That looks great! And those seating things fit so many people!
Thanks - have been experimenting heaps - I have also made one with seven areas for seating - they are great - and the seven seater stadium had issues to begin with - and I soon realised that the peeps wouldn't sit there due to the heat and the sun - so put in chiller (air-conditioning) and huge architectural shades and it fixed it - they nearly filled right up to capacity - great addition and really versatile.

Thanks - have been experimenting heaps - I have also made one with seven areas for seating - they are great - and the seven seater stadium had issues to begin with - and I soon realised that the peeps wouldn't sit there due to the heat and the sun - so put in chiller (air-conditioning) and huge architectural shades and it fixed it - they nearly filled right up to capacity - great addition and really versatile.
Ooh, these are good tips for when I'm able to try them out! :D

Question to the Dev's - would it be possible to have the educators do three or four talks per year at one particular education point?

It just seems silly that they sit down for eight to 10 months of the year. Or am I missing something? I cannot get a particular education point to have more than one talk per year. Is there a setting somewhere in the info panel for this to have more than one a year?

Question to the Dev's - would it be possible to have the educators do three or four talks per year at one particular education point?

It just seems silly that they sit down for eight to 10 months of the year. Or am I missing something? I cannot get a particular education point to have more than one talk per year. Is there a setting somewhere in the info panel for this to have more than one a year?
This is definitely needed. When I added a Animal Talk to the Penguin Coast of my Antarctic Research Center, I needed to build lots of them because I wanted Animal Talks for almost the whole Year

It's hard to work today gys, I'm telling you. I am totally hooked again and wish PZ was my job. :D

I ususally give myself an hour of writing time (my books) before work. Well, today I refreshed the market constantly to get a decent pair of beavers and another sea lion female to replace Poppy.

beavery.jpg

Got ready for the beaver habitat. :)

I had a little open space left in my entrance plaza area, so I thought it would be perfectly fitting for the prairie dogs. So, I built a prairidog habitat today. I will probably change the barrier and make a custom one but for now that's what it looks like. Then I just watched the prairie dogs for a couple of minutes. They are so great looking and well animated (and cute of course).

GrsFhZe.png

Z0hgCqn.png

fuW4PBu.png

kdrd7zP.png

d8nPePu.png

I had a little open space left in my entrance plaza area, so I thought it would be perfectly fitting for the prairie dogs. So, I built a prairidog habitat today. I will probably change the barrier and make a custom one but for now that's what it looks like. Then I just watched the prairie dogs for a couple of minutes. They are so great looking and well animated (and cute of course).

GrsFhZe.png

Z0hgCqn.png

fuW4PBu.png

kdrd7zP.png

d8nPePu.png
Looks great !
Those prairie dogs are cute

I have been semi short on time and currently my "Dome" project is abit on halt, even if it had good progression. But this new DLC is awesome and I look the animals in it.
Currently I have started a new "zoo" and only just finished some of the basics for the entrance and its area around.

20211006212011_1.jpg
20211006212019_1.jpg
20211006212026_1.jpg
20211006212034_1.jpg

As you might see, there is still construction stuff and various scenarie laying around. But hopefully I get the entrance area cleaned up and fully done wihtin the next few days.
I really want to have some of the new animal´s on display after all.

I hadn't been motivated much of doing a zoo from complete scratch (I tend to use workshop a lot and I'm stronger in small decorating) but I love using starter zoo templates so I've been motivated with using some of the new update features like animal talk seating areas
Oyl05mS.png

You are all very very inspiring lately. So good to see so many people participate in this thread and sharing their awesome work. I fell especially in love with your habitat @Britches .

Sooo, since Jaro (one of three cats) decided to wake me up at least every hour from 4.20 to 7.30 (the time my alarm sets off), I am rather sleep deprived today, so wirting was not an option. So I did what we all need to do from time to time: Brainless rockwork. I'm pretty happy with the outcome though, and apart from a billboard and a sun shade, my sea lion habitat is close to be finished. That's a good thing, because two beavers are already waiting for their new habitat.

Didn't played much, I'm to tired, work was exhausting this week.
Make a bit research in Franchise for the Moose, CSL and Arctic Fox.
I think I have a bit time for Wiesenthal on sunday, it's a bit crazy at the moment.

20211006204904_1.jpg

I would like to do it like Evie, lay in the sun and chill.

I think I have a bit time for Wiesenthal on sunday, it's a bit crazy at the moment.

View attachment 267351
So cute, I love the sea lions, they just chill and sunbath and then take a swim, wish I could do that all day too :p

So today i set back and looked at the results of a month and a half of passionate work on one zoo, and holy crap, i loved it.
I did remember how the individual habitats looked, but now with the backdrop of more finished habitats, it has a bit of a magical feeling, not gonna lie.
So if you want, how about you also enjoy a little journey with some of the most beautiful shots from my zoo today? ^^

The first stop of our zoo is right behind the (still ugly) entrance, with a nice view on Foxydees penguin beach and the kangaroos behind them. This will be a trend, as the kangaroos are my central, and my opinion best, habitat in this zoo.
erste zoo tour.jpeg

When we move to the left, we find the old pigbarn, featuring the leftover breeding group of babirusa in the front and 2 rescued giant anteaters in the back. This again is one of my favorite double habitats i have ever build, and i love the view on the penguins and the little hidden path behind it.
erste zoo tour 2.jpeg

Speaking of anteaters, here we have them in action. They have in my humble opinion some of the best animations in the game and i love them for it. Its quite the simple looking habitat, eventhough it was a ton of work, as these simple but pretty habitats are really hard to get right imo, so it tookquite a while, but im very happy with how it ended up. On the left you can also see the work in progress reindeer habitat and the foodcourt behind it.
erste zoo tour 3.jpeg

Swooping in from the before mentioned hidden path, we have a beautiful view down the hill, across the kangaroos into the giraffes. Its one of my favorite views in this game ever and im honestly very proud of it.
Also on the left, the path continues for the staff, serving as an access point to the stables for the deer and antelopes, as well as to a little entry to one of the two staff sections of the tropical house.
erste zoo tour 4.jpeg

Moving from the penguins to the right, we make up our way to little asia, next to the gorgous kangaroos and giraffes. Funfact! In the lore of the zoo my the tropical house once was an ape house, which is why theres a big gorilla statue in front of it. You can also see the before mentioned staff path, the seperation yard for the nyalas and one of the outdoor habitats for the pangolins in the background.
erste zoo tour 5.jpeg

But would be a shame if i would only mention it right? From the top of the first hill we have a great look over the kangaroos, but also the pangolins and the nyalas! If the pangolin habitat wouldnt be connected to a heavily themed asian inside section, i would love to put badgers or foxes in here, but the pangolins still like it so, its not bad.
erste zoo tour 7.jpeg

But talking about little asia, the most gigantic pain i have ever build in this game, still looks as gorgeous as ever. Better should be, as it took about 2 weeks alone, even though its just 2 habitats and three fake exhibits. Still, love the final result and it makes worth all of the work i put in here.
erste zoo tour 8.jpeg

And lastly, the area im working on right now, with the most recent habitat to finish. Unlike the other shots of mostly completed areas, this shot will hopefully look quite different in a month or so, but till then enjoy the cute little prariedogs and nyalas, as the next stop of my zoo will likly be not near them.
erste zoo tour 9.jpeg

And thats it! Hope you liked it as much as i did, but sometimes you really should just sit back, relax and just think about how awesome you are. Now i feel way more motivated to do the task that im avoiding for a while now, aka bringing the giraffes up to snuff and building the outdoor habitat for the komododragons, so lets hope i will actually go through with it. Anyways, good night everybody, i hope you had a great day and as much fun with this game as i do ;)

View attachment 267351
Ugh, same. Worklife is crazy busy at the moment. I feel like I only work, sleep for a few hours, work again... and it probably won't calm down before decembre. I want a 2 month Planet Zoo sabbatical.
So today i set back and looked at the results of a month and a half of passionate work on one zoo, and holy crap, i loved it.
I did remember how the individual habitats looked, but now with the backdrop of more finished habitats, it has a bit of a magical feeling, not gonna lie.
So if you want, how about you also enjoy a little journey with some of the most beautiful shots from my zoo today? ^^

The first stop of our zoo is right behind the (still ugly) entrance, with a nice view on Foxydees penguin beach and the kangaroos behind them. This will be a trend, as the kangaroos are my central, and my opinion best, habitat in this zoo.
View attachment 267364

When we move to the left, we find the old pigbarn, featuring the leftover breeding group of babirusa in the front and 2 rescued giant anteaters in the back. This again is one of my favorite double habitats i have ever build, and i love the view on the penguins and the little hidden path behind it.
View attachment 267365

Speaking of anteaters, here we have them in action. They have in my humble opinion some of the best animations in the game and i love them for it. Its quite the simple looking habitat, eventhough it was a ton of work, as these simple but pretty habitats are really hard to get right imo, so it tookquite a while, but im very happy with how it ended up. On the left you can also see the work in progress reindeer habitat and the foodcourt behind it.
View attachment 267366

Swooping in from the before mentioned hidden path, we have a beautiful view down the hill, across the kangaroos into the giraffes. Its one of my favorite views in this game ever and im honestly very proud of it.
Also on the left, the path continues for the staff, serving as an access point to the stables for the deer and antelopes, as well as to a little entry to one of the two staff sections of the tropical house.
View attachment 267369

Moving from the penguins to the right, we make up our way to little asia, next to the gorgous kangaroos and giraffes. Funfact! In the lore of the zoo my the tropical house once was an ape house, which is why theres a big gorilla statue in front of it. You can also see the before mentioned staff path, the seperation yard for the nyalas and one of the outdoor habitats for the pangolins in the background.
View attachment 267371

But would be a shame if i would only mention it right? From the top of the first hill we have a great look over the kangaroos, but also the pangolins and the nyalas! If the pangolin habitat wouldnt be connected to a heavily themed asian inside section, i would love to put badgers or foxes in here, but the pangolins still like it so, its not bad.
View attachment 267374

But talking about little asia, the most gigantic pain i have ever build in this game, still looks as gorgeous as ever. Better should be, as it took about 2 weeks alone, even though its just 2 habitats and three fake exhibits. Still, love the final result and it makes worth all of the work i put in here.
View attachment 267376

And lastly, the area im working on right now, with the most recent habitat to finish. Unlike the other shots of mostly completed areas, this shot will hopefully look quite different in a month or so, but till then enjoy the cute little prariedogs and nyalas, as the next stop of my zoo will likly be not near them.
View attachment 267377

And thats it! Hope you liked it as much as i did, but sometimes you really should just sit back, relax and just think about how awesome you are. Now i feel way more motivated to do the task that im avoiding for a while now, aka bringing the giraffes up to snuff and building the outdoor habitat for the komododragons, so lets hope i will actually go through with it. Anyways, good night everybody, i hope you had a great day and as much fun with this game as i do ;)
You can definitely be proud of yourself! Awesome, detailed work and a really charming zoo!

You can definitely be proud of yourself! Awesome, detailed work and a really charming zoo!
Thank you! I was honestly really nervous when i started my new project early after the performance of my origninal zoo just was to bad to play, especally as people wished for a thread after i asked for the animals, but im really pleasently surprised by how well im doing. It feels like, while maybe not as hyper insane as some of the other zoos with their own threads, its still of a way higher quality then i ever though i could consistenly produce, but the secret was simply gaining a ton of experience, a clear vision of an old city zoo that goes up a hill and having a lot of fun and love for everything i was doing. Sure some things are tedious, but seeing how great it looks now that about a quarter to a third is finished, it just makes me really proud and happy, and thats a great feeling.
Honestly every habitat did that, because i also just simply did not want to disappoint anyone who gave me an animal, especally because most of the people chose one of, if not their favorite animal.
Something that also really helped was activly thinking about the whys. Why is this here, why does the zoo hold these animals, how would they do that, etc etc. That way i slowly pieced together a lore around my zoo, which not only gives me a stronger connection to it, but also gives me cool new idears, that i wouldnt have gotten otherwise, for example wouldnt it make sense if the nyala habitat hat a seperated breeding/male enclosure, as it was inhabitated by pere davids deer before, which are known for having some of the most brutal fights of all deers during rutting. Did you know, that they stand up on their hind legs and kick after each other in addition to trying to stab each other with their antlers?
+ i have seen in multiple time with bongo enclosures, so they propaply are also up to some brutal shenanigans.
For ingame purposses, such a habitat is worthless, but it was fun and unique and made my zoo feel more like a zoo, something that i feel like is one of the most important things in this game, making your zoos actually feel like a zoo and not just an assortment of scatterd habitats.
But yeah, thank you for the flowers! Really appreciated!

Last edited:
Top Bottom