What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I was already able to get my sea lions into their new home shortly after my download finished. The habitat was pre-built last week already, with the requirements of the grey seals in mind, and thankfully it's perfect for the sea lions as well.
And the guests are already using their awesome new sitting areas during the animal talking schedules!
Now I only need to do a little bit more work on the surrounding, figure out how the new curbs and guest barriers work, and then I can start with the next North American habitats. :)
20211004135049_1.jpg
20211004135336_1.jpg

Habitat is far from being finished, but I had to put the Sea Lions in at least. Build the habitat yesterday night and could only start playing two hours ago. Now off to bed, but can't wait to make these beauties the perfect habitat they deserve!

Unfinished or not, Lily is already enjoying her habitat.

Still a Work in Progress, but added in the Moose and Prairie Dog to Jamestown Zoo. The Moose of course should be the centerpiece here. Prairie Dog exhibit will be more flourished next. I have to pace myself and not add too many animals too quickly, but I think next will be the Cougar and then the Beaver, since that last one is the one I'm worried most about since it's habitat is pretty much already set.

20211004194332_1.jpg
20211004194320_1.jpg
20211004194119_1.jpg

I took most of the day off (even though I have a load of work) to enjoy the DLC. Kept on working on my sea lion habitat the last few hours and am still not nearly done :D Landwise it's a bit huge for them, water-wise it's just right regarding PZ needs (never saw such a big habitat IRL though)

I took most of the day off (even though I have a load of work) to enjoy the DLC. Kept on working on my sea lion habitat the last few hours and am still not nearly done :D Landwise it's a bit huge for them, water-wise it's just right regarding PZ needs (never saw such a big habitat IRL though)

Pretty cool. I struggle at doing builds involving underwater viewing areas

Its beautiful :love:

I like this very much, too. Love the rusty look of the building. And the underwater viewing area looks pretty realistic with the blue plaster pieces.

@Aramar Oh, that's great to hear!

I like this very much, too. Love the rusty look of the building. And the underwater viewing area looks pretty realistic with the blue plaster pieces.
Thank you, I appreciate! Really, kuddos to Frontier for giving us more off grid plaster pieces with the africa pack. Most versatile pieces in my opinion.
I'm back to building/scrapping/building/scrapping zoo entrances again. Woe is me.
Now that I tried it myself I can highly recommend to NOT start with the entrance,m but build a few habitats first and see when the zoo tells you its story. Then it's usually a good moment for the entrance.

Now that I tried it myself I can highly recommend to NOT start with the entrance,m but build a few habitats first and see when the zoo tells you its story. Then it's usually a good moment for the entrance.
I'm considering doing just that, but I'm a stickler for starting at the beginning. Plus, an entrance acts as a guide as to where backstage roads and such will enter the zoo, and I often incorporate staff facilities into it as well as a sort of "administration block".

I think you're right though, I perhaps should just start with some habitats and see where it goes.

I'm considering doing just that, but I'm a stickler for starting at the beginning. Plus, an entrance acts as a guide as to where backstage roads and such will enter the zoo, and I often incorporate staff facilities into it as well as a sort of "administration block".

I think you're right though, I perhaps should just start with some habitats and see where it goes.
I am the exact same and I cheated by downloading a random entrance building from the workshop (one that was totally unrelated to my zoo idea) and stuck it down for references, then deleted it when backstage was set.

Today I've been having fun with building stadiums and working out how to configure them - there is a problem with so many guests in big stadiums - when the time comes for the show - so many guests come - that it completely chokes off the access for the educator and they miss their talk and everyone goes away unhappy.

I did find a fix by having a staff only side and guest side entrance . . .

Could you fix this Frontier - even when you tick the seated talk option - walking guests still pack the area and completely choke the access - why - when you have ticked the option for them to be seated only? The first photo is when I had access sorted with another separated path for the educator to enter unimpeded.

Great feature though and thanks for the update - still need more transport though - thanks G

20211006135049_1re.jpg

20211006140000_1re.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom