What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Today I took stock. I am continuing in this beauty of my franchise. I'm going to make a rhino (savannah) enclosure on the right side of my zoo I think, and then I need some input. Shall I make Asia or Europe? I haven't used both packages very much yet. In this zoo now there is mostly Africa, North America and aqua. For those who like it, some photos:View attachment 287301View attachment 287302View attachment 287303View attachment 287305View attachment 287306
@JanH25R , your giraffe house looks amazing! What wood pieces did you use on the exterior?

Finally all sides of the restaurant are done. One side has the entrance, another side faces the sun bear, the other side the koalas, and the last side has the kangaroos:
20220114120309_1.jpg

Here they are planning something:
20220114120419_1.jpg

I wish I was this person eating pizza watching kangaroos :love:
20220114160631_1.jpg

The whole restaurant complex with the 3 habitats on the sides (you can also see the circular shelter shared by koalas and kangaroos, I like that building).
20220114120456_1.jpg

And as a bonus, I had some empty space but I didn't know what to put there, so I built an aviary, just in case someday we can use it.
20220121093655_1.jpg

I worked on my Herpetology Domes today:
20220122133559_1.jpg

Right inside, you see the Gharials on the left and Saltwater Crocs on the right; their habitats are separated by a rocky formation on land, and wooden post barriers in the water.
20220122133230_1.jpg
20220122133243_1.jpg
20220122133257_1.jpg
20220122133428_1.jpg
20220122133521_1.jpg

When you turn to the right, there is a smaller habitat for Komodo Dragons:
20220122133345_1.jpg
20220122133359_1.jpg

And on the left, a small habitat for Nile Monitors:
20220122133456_1.jpg

These connected domes were a HUGE pain to make work out with pathing, water, and habitat entrances leading to lower-level habitats but it is coming together.

I worked on my Herpetology Domes today:
View attachment 287384

Right inside, you see the Gharials on the left and Saltwater Crocs on the right; their habitats are separated by a rocky formation on land, and wooden post barriers in the water.
View attachment 287385View attachment 287386View attachment 287387View attachment 287388View attachment 287389
When you turn to the right, there is a smaller habitat for Komodo Dragons:
View attachment 287390View attachment 287391

And on the left, a small habitat for Nile Monitors:
View attachment 287392

These connected domes were a HUGE pain to make work out with pathing, water, and habitat entrances leading to lower-level habitats but it is coming together.
Those domes look spectacular, @scullivan you should be proud of yourself!

Needed a break from the desert sun in my usual zoo, so I started a side project in the snow. It is in the Arctic scenario map, which means the size is limited, so it will probably end up being less than 10 species.
I tried to start a similar project last year, but never got much done with it. Now it will get another try, at least the entrance looks promising.
Sne.jpg

Today I spent my 1000th hour in Planet Zoo. I decided with the time counting down to that benchmark, to tackle something I've never tried before - finally figuring out heightmaps. It's something I know a lot of people have fun with, I just never set down to go through the process of getting the picture formatted right, and what colors would translate to what on a map. After several tries, I finally got a map done with what I wanted to do - rather than mountains, an ocean or riverlands type of map. I present The Wetlands! No points for name creativity. I know that this isn't much for some, but it's a big deal for me to learn how to do this finally. Also learned that when the game is calculating that much water space to fill, it takes a bit of time to do so lol.

20220123165002_1.jpg

Also, just to share the latest work on Jamestown Zoo, here's what it looks like as of this morning. Not sure i want to really test my computer's processing skills with that aquatic area, but I've at least got the map filled with lakes and what not to keep that area claimed.

20220123131940_1.jpg

You all know that moment, when you spend ages on a habitat and still consider demolishing it? I have this with my Bengal tiger habitat. Those dang cats don't want to deep dive (yes, water is deep enough) and now I have a large underwater viewing sitting there for nothing.

You all know that moment, when you spend ages on a habitat and still consider demolishing it? I have this with my Bengal tiger habitat. Those dang cats don't want to deep dive (yes, water is deep enough) and now I have a large underwater viewing sitting there for nothing.
Did you test the Depth with a Piece of Wall? I've had this Problem when the Aquatic Pack came out. Even if it is 1cm below the required Depth it won't work

Did you test the Depth with a Piece of Wall? I've had this Problem when the Aquatic Pack came out. Even if it is 1cm below the required Depth it won't work
I did and it is spaceoulsy covered with water and the habitat gate also states that the average water depth is more than 4 meters

I did and it is spaceoulsy covered with water and the habitat gate also states that the average water depth is more than 4 meters
🤔 Maybe Big Cats need deeper Water? I Wish they would show the required Depth in the Zoopedia. Or maybe they are just almost never diving. Polar Bears do sadly also almost never dive even though the Water should be deep enough

🤔 Maybe Big Cats need deeper Water? I Wish they would show the required Depth in the Zoopedia. Or maybe they are just almost never diving. Polar Bears do sadly also almost never dive even though the Water should be deep enough
According to the forum post, 4 meter is the deepest it needs to be. I am no way in hell make this water even deeper. I'm not keeping a whale in there :D

It's the same with deep diving than it is with snow covered grounds in tundra biomes. You can go ages without it ever snowing, all vegetation is visible, then again it snows once and the ground is covered in snow for decades. All of my zoos have Tigers (and other big cats) and I noticed, they have the same "time schedule" with deep swimming. They don't dive for ages, then they do it everytime they're swimming for years. Maybe give it more time?

Top Bottom