What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Started a new zoo today (I was in a tropical-ish mood) Don't have an Entrance or name yet. Built two habitats, one for the real malaysian tapir and one for the bengals

Attachments

• Screenshot (131)-min.png
    Screenshot (131)-min.png
    812.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot (132)-min.png
    Screenshot (132)-min.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot (133)-min.png
    Screenshot (133)-min.png
    1,016.2 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot (130)-min.png
    Screenshot (130)-min.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 40
Due to exams i didnt get to play much recently, but the time that i did spend in the game was mostly dedicated to finishing up the gorilla house.
Sounds sweet and simple, but lets just say that i had over half an hour of fun with the path system, which by now just is part of the building indoors charm to me.
The most important things where fiddling around in the backstage and integrating two keeper huts, reworking some parts of the ceiling i wasnt quite happy with and finally putting a roof and the second story on the staff section. I wish that we could make easy and space efficent stairs so that i can load up the second level with staff facilitys, but we cant so atleast for now it will stay an empty shell.
I also added some foliage on top of my exhibits, but im not 100% sure if i want to keep those. It feels like what would be there in a zoo but at the same time i dont think it looks that great?
The basic array of tropical plants has been a thorn in my side for a while now and i cant wait to get some more simple ones that arnt super spacious. Tropical was great for that but i could use like 2 or 3 more packs worth of tropical plants please.
gorillahouse.jpeg

gorillahouse1.jpeg

gorillahouse2.jpeg

gorillahouse3.jpeg

I'm just at this awkward phase where my big zoo I'm working on has only one section left - South America. And I don't want to complete it until I know if and which SA animals will be added to the game. So I'm just postponing finishing it :unsure:
You could work on another project, or even just work on one off ideas

Started on my petting zoo the other day. Got a couple dall sheep accompanied by a pair of babirusa and a wild ass standing in for dwarf goats, pot bellied pigs and miniature donkeys.
View attachment 387922View attachment 387923View attachment 387924
Man what a great looking zoo
I love that whenever i look at your pics i feel like im activly learning about the game, so many small and simple things where i just wonder why i never thought to do that.
Just some awesome amd realistic looking stuff

Today was my final exam, just 3 days before the next semester starts, but that also means that i finally got some time again for planet zoo
In preparation of the next and potentially last dlc i want to make my zoo ready to potentially start building directly for any new animals that excite me, which was partly what drove all my last projects to prepare for what ever might be coming.
My personal hopes/what i would be excited for most would be south american animals and domestics, so i started a petting zoo with a mostly planned out layout but enough wriggle room to adjust to whatever mix of domestics we could get, aswell as working on the gorilla house as behind it would be the next major space to put an entirly new area if the dlc provides us with enough animals to spark a completly new idear and now i got around to the third major project, revamping my south america house.
Overall im really proud of what i made here, even if for example the inside isnt fully decorated, but that isnt the reason why its up with the other 2 on the prep list.
There were 4 main flaws i wanted to fix with my south america house before continuing to work on this area:
  • No Staff area, meaning that the gates where akwardly connected on the outside habitats, which just was a big meh
  • No connection between the staff gates and any path
  • Only very small indoor space for the tapir, winters might be warmer then they used to be but that doesnt mean poor guy should be restricted to a little pool and the path to it during bad weather
  • The shape is pretty boring, just one corner missing for otherwise a perfect 5x5 square and as the guy making an entire thread just to tell people to not make square shaped building this has bugged me for a while

As you can see, the outline got a lot more funky with a staff path and two new holding/backstage areas added, with the right currently being empty but the left one being turned into an extended barn for the tapir and capybaras.
On the rock surface where the two staff facilitys are in the background is where i will expand the house even further, making space for staff facilitys, another holding/indoor area for either monkeys (if we get some) or birds (same thing) that connects to the currently sandy visitor path, finally connecting the staff area to another pathway and the rest of the zoo with only the rest of the tapir and capybara habitat inbetween, neat!
sahouse.jpeg

Another neat thing is that the peccarys got their habitat expanded just a tiny bit to connect with the new building and leaving space for a staff door to just so edge out green space requirements for them even without their inner holding accessable. Also neat!
sahouse6.jpeg

But for the meat of potatos of what i did today, i revamped the indoor section for the tapir and capybara, generally cleaning up the look by adding a limestone floor where before was just dirt that looked weird due to the terraforming requirements the s from hell required. Thats also why theres some dirt sticking through here as i didnt have the nerf today to delete some path only to struggle to reconnecting it all again. It will be for another time.
sahouse1.jpeg

The indoor pool also has been limed out, even if its a bit hard to see. The now smooth steps make it look much more real then the weird earthy whatever it was before and im quite happy with it! Also thanks to the higher glass ceiling this part is also way more light filled with a potentially better view on my two toed sloth if he wouldnt sloth around in his box all day
sahouse2.jpeg

sahouse3.jpeg

In the back i could reuse my stable fences and gate again, propaply the most usefull pieces i ever made
Here the keepers can enter the habitat and even close the stable off whenever they please
sahouse5.jpeg

sahouse4.jpeg
Overall im very happy with the changes, especally as i now got a concrete plan for not just this area but also hopefully the next game sessions, and feel much more ready in case a south america pack drops, with potential spaces reserved for coatis, rheas/maras, primates (preferably tamarins) and even potentially birds, as if thats ever gonna happen

Welcome to my new project: Municeberg Zoo

20240328202427_1.jpg

Most of my zoos end up being high budget zoos with very large habitats, so this time I want to make some different and try to build an old city zoo with less ressources and smaller habitats. The zoo entrance is very simple and classic, with a metro station next to it to spawn the visitors. I've chosen the grassland biome for the zoo, so there's no need for large indoor areas for many animals. We'll see where it goes.

Along with realistic water tanks for everyone's filtration needs, I have tasked myself of making a minimum of 10 pre-built real life filtration systems for my megapack. I get the feeling very few people want to actually use like 100 pieces of pipes, valves and water tanks to add detail to their aquatic habitat backstage areas. Today is the first of those pre-built sets starting with the woodland park zoo's humboldt penguin habitat filtration, rounded out to a nice 600 pieces.

Planet Zoo Screenshot 2024.03.28 - 20.41.13.11.png

Planet Zoo Screenshot 2024.03.28 - 20.41.58.28.png

Planet Zoo Screenshot 2024.03.28 - 20.42.46.89.png

Basic two-lane road is coming along nicely. Square and triangle joints may need lanes to act as a sharp 60°and 90° turn.
20240328162335_1.jpg

Yeah, brick panels overlapping is an issue. They have to be arranged manually afterward.
20240329093031_1.jpg

terrain needs to be raised a bit to match the brick "path".
20240329094019_1.jpg

Haven’t posted on here in a really long time, I really haven’t had a lot of motivation, I’ve been playing around with JWE2 with mods and the new pack plus life in general, just resulted in PZ taking a backseat, except when it comes to speculation of course lol.
Anyway I’ve finished the first habitat in the House of Tropics, welcoming in the elusive Clouded Leopard to the building including an outdoor and indoor space (which btw I hate designing interior guest areas).
Screenshot 2024-03-29 212045.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-03-29 212208.jpeg

Screenshot 2024-03-29 212128.jpeg
Screenshot 2024-03-29 212154.jpeg

IMG_0135.jpeg

Haven’t posted on here in a really long time, I really haven’t had a lot of motivation, I’ve been playing around with JWE2 with mods and the new pack plus life in general, just resulted in PZ taking a backseat, except when it comes to speculation of course lol.
Anyway I’ve finished the first habitat in the House of Tropics, welcoming in the elusive Clouded Leopard to the building including an outdoor and indoor space (which btw I hate designing interior guest areas).
View attachment 388066
View attachment 388069
View attachment 388067View attachment 388068
View attachment 388071
Man this is stunning! I may take some inspiration from this as I'm currently stuck with my Amazon house, but you're giving me great ideas.

Top Bottom