What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

Directly across from the serval and fox I'm planning to build habitats for the meerkat and Cape porcupine (using African crested but they look identical so I just change the name on the info board), keeping all the smaller African mammals I want to include in the Drylands together in an area close to the start of the section before it progresses onto all the ungulates and large carnivores.
beasties have been added:

Planet%20Zoo%20Screenshot%202024.05.24%20-%2022.12.41.76.png

Planet%20Zoo%20Screenshot%202024.05.24%20-%2022.15.44.48.png

Planet%20Zoo%20Screenshot%202024.05.24%20-%2022.19.13.99.png

Planet%20Zoo%20Screenshot%202024.05.24%20-%2022.24.56.00.png

Planet%20Zoo%20Screenshot%202024.05.24%20-%2022.13.33.05.png

Planet%20Zoo%20Screenshot%202024.05.24%20-%2022.15.19.19.png

Planet%20Zoo%20Screenshot%202024.05.24%20-%2022.26.45.83.png

The habitat is accessible to penguins now and fulfills all their needs (although they disagree with the foliage).
RPOOEWO.jpeg

OEbfIYh.png
Looks really nice. Want to keep those in my new Zoo too😃

Started a new Zoo. But why is no one visiting?
Already got two Species (Alpine Goat and Boa constrictor) there because I need Money to finish the Entrance Area. The Zoo is open and everything is correctly connected to the Path
1000026153.jpg

Edit: wait! Now it claims there's no accessible Entrance even though everything's connected. Need to figure that out
1000026154.jpg

What the Frog is that?
Did someone have that before? How do I fix that without needing to change too much?

lol temporary Solution until I can figure that out
1000026155.jpg

How can it even be on such different Heights if it's on the same Grid and I did nothing to adjust it?

Last edited:
It's really weird. I can't fix it. No matter what I do. It's always either a tiny bit too deep or a tiny bit too high. For a Second I thought I did it because two Groups of Guests entered but they were stuck there afterwards. Height of the Path is 1m
Edit: just changed it like this now, because it wouldn'tve worked otherwise anyways.
Luckily the Statues Kind of fix the ruined Design
1000026156.jpg

Last edited:
Did some reevaluating on my petting zoos. I was getting stressed by the amount of people entering or getting too close to the petting zoos so I decided to make some habitats closed off and some areas accessible so limited amount of people enter even if I set the limit. Also realizing that guests get thirsty waiting in the big crowds going to petting zoos.
My NA zoo. The donkeys get a nice habitat as they are the star of the the show. Alpacas have their own closed off habitat as I wanted to make something nice for them (I’ve mentioned it before, I have a happy history with alpacas). The chickens I wanted to get creative with a coop design. Sheep and goats get guest interaction although controlled to where I have fence openings.
My SA zoo. I have a large llama habitat that alpacas are now sharing, the habitat has always been unique/large so I’m trying to make it convenient for guests and animals.
My EU zoo. The goats and sheep are the stars of the petting zoo. In need of inspiration. Cows and pigs are included.
My Asia zoo. Pigs and chickens are the stars. I need inspiration as I have never seen what an Asian barn looks like or at least what a traditional Asian farm looks like. I also converted my macaque habitat into interactive habitat.
My AU zoo. Sheep and cows. Knowing that Australia has some serious sheep farms I decided they would be the stars and figured cows could be their companions.

My post somehow came twice. But had me thinking.
In regards to above, I do wish we got something for Africa like the Nigerian dwarf goat and perhaps something from India so I can give something for those zoos.
Maybe Il use my peafowl habitat in my Indian zoo as an interactive experience.

Last edited:
My post somehow came twice. But had me thinking.
In regards to above, I do wish we got something for Africa like the Nigerian dwarf goat and perhaps something from India so I can give something for those zoos.
Maybe Il use my peafowl habitat in my Indian zoo as an interactive experience.
Would've been nice if they would've included some easy to make alternative Breed for the Slot that should've had a Exhibit Animal.
I guess some of the easiest to make, might have been
  • Texas Longhorn
  • Watusi
  • Nigerian Dwarf Goat
  • Nubian Goat
  • a alternative Chicken Breed

Started a Pet Sanctuary additionally to the new Zoo I've started yesterday.
😴 Getting all the Pet Color Morphs takes a Eternity. At least I already have a white Axolotl. But the yellow Boa constrictor seems to have gotten way more rare on the Market and I've never managed to just breed one (currently having 16 Exhibits to hopefully get one) and never even seen the white Anaconda 😞
Also: please Frontier give us Iguana Color Morphs. At least the red Iguana and more greyish ones. The Albino Iguana is nice but the other ones are way more common

Last edited:
Happy Aquatic and Twilight pack release day to all of us console players! And we got the added surprise of the modular gift shops added! I needed something to go in my underwater viewing area building for the California sea lions so this will be the perfect solution. I spent all weekend making a habitat for the gray seals but the taversable area from the keeper gate to the water was too steep and they wouldn’t move away from the entrance, so I had to do a switcheroo and swap the sea Lion and Gray seal habitats. All appears well now. Just some more rock/foliage/bubble work and I can share both habitats.

Happy Aquatic and Twilight pack release day to all of us console players! And we got the added surprise of the modular gift shops added! I needed something to go in my underwater viewing area building for the California sea lions so this will be the perfect solution. I spent all weekend making a habitat for the gray seals but the taversable area from the keeper gate to the water was too steep and they wouldn’t move away from the entrance, so I had to do a switcheroo and swap the sea Lion and Gray seal habitats. All appears well now. Just some more rock/foliage/bubble work and I can share both habitats.
Great addition. I’m glad we can finally make a gift shop now.

My zoo is buggy and I just can't get it fixed... it's really annoying.
The staff is always ported to the entrance of the zoo and doesn't feed the animals, which then starve. That frustrates me. I really like the zoo, it's my best project so far and then something so annoying.
I'll see what I do, I'm really unmotivated right now... :cautious:

The staff is always ported to the entrance of the zoo and doesn't feed the animals, which then starve. That frustrates me. I really like the zoo, it's my best project so far and then something so annoying.
😞 Disappointing. I hope, it can be fixed somehow

Sounds like the pathfinding for the entire zoo is broken. I would (if not done already) delete the entrance paths and possibly any areas where the staff keep teleporting from and replace both staff facilities and paths.

The staff simply don't feed them!
I have now completely reconnected the path.
The keepers go into the enclosure, say "Nobody is hungry" and leave again. But the ring-tailed lemurs are close to starving!
View attachment 394040View attachment 394041View attachment 394042
What I often do if the staff refuse to do anything, is fire them all, rework the work zones to configure the pathfinding for each staff and them hire them again. Some times it works to solve problems like these.

What I often do if the staff refuse to do anything, is fire them all, rework the work zones to configure the pathfinding for each staff and them hire them again. Some times it works to solve problems like these.
I'll try that, thanks Cap!
I wanted to rework the work zones and staff buildings anyway, maybe this is an opportunity.
If necessary, I'll have to deactivate the animals' need for hunger.
That kind of thing always annoys me very quickly and demotivates me because then I have to spend the little time I already have for the game on such crap.

Top Bottom