What did you do in Planet Zoo today?

I really like that Barrier.
Not sure if a Enclosure with Chimpanzees and Bongos would be realistic but it's important to keep Chimpanzees and small Animals separate (but not in the Game. They really should make a Update for it)
Thank you :)
yeah, your right. Chimpanzees are very ... aggressiv and implusive animals. I think, I split the habitat in two. I don't feel comfortable with the bongos staying there.
I never saw them with other animals.

What I've been working on in the last weeks:

20210404133812_1.jpg
20210418205906_1.jpg
20210418205951_1.jpg
20210418210031_1.jpg
20210418210200_1.jpg

Again, I love it, @random goat ! It must have been so much work to arrange those stones in the walls and it looks amazing :) Makes me want to visit Granada right away (it has been on my bucket list forever)!

I think my Asian area is complete in my current zoo, now there's just a lot of decoration and finishing touches left. Yesterday, I invested and bought a second entrance for the zoo, and it is already paying off! It really helps to distribute the guests more evenly. I then filled a gap with a little "Peafowl Village", using the blueprints from the base game and a part of the fairy house by @PeppyPepp :)

And the last and biggest habitat is a mixed enclosure with Indian Elephants, Malayan Tapirs and Proboscis Monkeys. I need to put down some more smaller plants, but now I'm a little bit tired of placing things and I think I'll call it a day. But I really like that those can share a habitat, it makes especially the monkeys more interesting and it is so cool that they swim. (I still think they're weirdos, though :D )

Next time I play, I think I have to pay attention to all the other animals and do some management, as many are dying of old age now. Unfortunately, I now have that bug that makes the game crash wenn I sell animals for money, which annoys me (I intended to sell the clouded leopard youngsters, as cats are really profitable, and I lost them due to the crash without getting the money instead). But after buying the elephants and monkeys, I need to make more CC as well. And I need to revisit which species I want to keep breeding, because the trade center is getting crowded. Oh, and I replaced the Leaf Insect with Green Iguanas. Because as funny as they are, they have such a short lifespan that it becomes stressful.

20210418210424_1.jpg

20210418210620_1.jpg

I'm still enthralled with watching our South East Asia Pack animals, but also wanted to participate in the Baird's Tapir challenge beginning next week. So I'm creating the "Tapley Center for Interspecies Tapir Research" inside my South East Asia zoo, so that I can do both. The indoor walk-through complex has six habitats, each of which will hold BOTH Baird's and Malayan Tapirs together in the same habitat. The back story is that this is some sort of special scientific experiment about housing them together, and that my zoo was chosen for the project because of its great success with handling the Malayan tapirs that are already elsewhere in the zoo.

I've got the basic building, bridge pathing, and habitat structure set up now, and will begin working on decorations, enrichment, and backstage next. There seems to be sufficient foliage options that have both the Asian and South American tag that I should be able to keep them all happy. (Playing in franchise, so welfare matters, especially for breeding). Unfortunately, their short grass requirements are mutually exclusive and don't overlap, so my plan is to get everything else near perfect, and then split the difference on short grass and see what happens. I also built a little too close to one edge of the map, so will need to play around a bit with getting all of the backstage/staff facilities to work on that side.

The six habitats revolve like six spokes of a wheel, with the pathing running as overhead bridges, so my hope is that once it's populated and they start having kids, guests will be able to look out and feel like they are completely surrounded by tapirs!

A milestone for my zoo: here come the lions! As usually in my zoo, they have a big habitat and I hope they have many babies (I got one male and 2 females who have very high fertility rates, so I expect a babyboom soon). I still need to theme the shops in the area and add some details to the backstage area.

20210419165232_1.jpg

20210419165112_1.jpg

20210419165100_1.jpg

Got my tapirs in, and it turns out that they do have overlap in some their terrain/short grass requirements, (despite what one off-site listing said), so I was able to make them all happy after all! Also found a pair of albino baird's tapirs, so I've got 5 regular habitats and one albino habitat for them.

I've been playing around with viewing galleries for various aquatic animals. I made a building for my seals and surrounded the under water level with enclosure glass. I used pathing for the floors on each level with stairs between. I haven't been really happy with floors placed over paths when I make them on the same grid as the rest of the buildings, as they always get placed so high the guests are wading through them. Getting the paths and stairs to match was the hardest bit.

20210419230302_1.jpg

I've been playing around with viewing galleries for various aquatic animals. I made a building for my seals and surrounded the under water level with enclosure glass. I used pathing for the floors on each level with stairs between. I haven't been really happy with floors placed over paths when I make them on the same grid as the rest of the buildings, as they always get placed so high the guests are wading through them. Getting the paths and stairs to match was the hardest bit.

View attachment 222174
Change the Grid Height to 0 when you place the Floor. Normally this should help. But I think sometimes there's also a Bug that causes it to not work properly but I think reloading the Game normally solves it. Another Tip when the Game for some Reason wants to place the next Floor Piece higher again, is to just place it, then select both Pieces, copy them, delete the one that is too high and then just copy the ones at the preferred Height all the Time

After having some internet issues as well as some annoying bugs and crashes in my zoo the last week I was finally able to play some Planet Zoo today.
So I finished my Somali Wild Ass habitat which turned out quite nicely.
20210422170039_1.jpg

20210422170057_1.jpg

20210422170107_1.jpg

And I started on the the Habitat for the African Pinguin's as well, I am quite curious how it will eventually turn out. :)

20210422170120_1.jpg

20210422172427_1.jpg

Well, the Southeast Asia Nocturnal House is complete, but I'm waiting on some artwork for my billboards that someone is making for me before I show it off, so I decided to continue the trail further down and start on the islands of Komodo and Borneo. Still very much WIP, more so the Orangutan/Proboscis monkey one though. TIL just how immersion breaking (and annoying for escaping) it can be that the monkeys can walk on the lillypads. Definitely needs to get removed.

Screenshot-44.png
Screenshot-60.png
Screenshot-38.png
Screenshot-39.png
Really nice work. I struggle with getting the rocks to look nice in habitats, and my waterfalls always look a bit off. I wish I knew your secret!

Really nice work. I struggle with getting the rocks to look nice in habitats, and my waterfalls always look a bit off. I wish I knew your secret!
I wish I could say that I have one! I generally just mess around with stuff from certain angles until it looks nice enough to me. Practice makes perfect I suppose

Top Bottom