What feature do hope will be updated/refreshed for early 2023?

It's going to be this isn't it. For the fourth time...I really hope not though.

Flimley

I'm telling you, they better put in Space Loos. Complete trash without it. How can my character just NOT go to the bathroom? If it doesn't happen then it is irrefutable proof that the game is dead and clearly been in maintenance mode. Undeniable. If you disagree with me then you're wrong. 5 people I don't really know agreed with me which is further proof the game is dying if what I suggest doesn't happen.

Ok on a serious note, base building would be really cool along with the other ships that were discovered in the game files. I don't see that happening but that is what I hope to see. Plus foot Thargoids.

This is by far the most annoying "feature" in the game (excluding bugs), and I would love if they fixed it. I actually look away when ships land :oops:

Yeah. It's like a production-time placeholder for something much more detailed which would perfectly match the audio of the landing. It's out-of-step with the rest of the game. I don't think it would be worse if the ship just drifted down and landed flat, and then the sound played at contact. Your mind would fill in the blanks. I think it's case of pre-spacelegs it never mattered.

Reluctant to get into a discussion like this, it's almost certain that in 2023, when the change is made, people will refer back to this thread and say things like, "but you promised it would be X (or Y etc)."

I know what I personally hope it will be, but that's highly unlikely so no thanks, not going to build up players hopes only to have them dashed (y)

The tale of the evil doomsayer has to be nurtured at all times.

I find it highly unlikely that somebody who isn't just trolling would take a user's wish list from this thread and claim it's a promise from Frontier.

The tale of the evil doomsayer has to be nurtured at all times.

I find it highly unlikely that somebody who isn't just trolling would take a user's wish list from this thread and claim it's a promise from Frontier.

I do recall a number of players who claimed to be genuinely expecting ship interiors from Odyssey based on what they had read somewhere.....so I am not so sure of that, we'll see in 2023 I suppose.

I keep thinking it might be exploration. Having mechanics that take it away from dumbly shooting science bullets at things and screenshot generation, and instead create more involved and integrated gameplay. Well, that's an optimistic take anyway. Exploration is accessible to casual players and appeals to Arx spenders.

Powerplay certainly needs a revamp, but is it too niche to make it the feature on the roadmap? Unless the devs aim to make it something that pulls in all the activities of the game more explicitly and meaningfully.

I keep thinking it might be exploration.
Last time I checked exploration has had loads of love spent on it.

My guess is Powerplay, but a revamp rather than trying to put cooked spaghetti back into the packet and somehow salvage the decaying 2015 feature currently in game. If done well enough would / could be the ideal co-op PVP team game and actually add something missing in ED.

Last time I checked exploration has had loads of love spent on it.

Love in the wrong direction I am afraid, what they did isn't really transposable to ELW's. It would be silly to have a few dozen plants scattered across the galaxy on ELW's, they have to embrace procedural generation sooner or later time for that, and that will require a complete rework of the entire exo-biology process.

Love in the wrong direction I am afraid, what they did isn't really transposable to ELW's. It would be silly to have a few dozen plants scattered across the galaxy on ELW's, they have to embrace procedural generation sooner or later time for that, and that will require a complete rework of the entire exo-biology process.
Love in the wrong direction I am afraid,
To some- you still had it. Meanwhile PP and CQC sit waiting for any dev attention.

I do recall a number of players who claimed to be genuinely expecting ship interiors from Odyssey based on what they had read somewhere.....so I am not so sure of that, we'll see in 2023 I suppose.
Ship interiors will not be part of Odyssey. Some people got upset because David Braben had claimed that the ships had been designed with interiors and walking around ships in mind and that must mean it must be part of Odyssey and they promised it.

Personally, I would have been satisfied with getting out of the seat and taking a placeholder turbolift to the airlock so you get a much better 'Armstrong' moment when you disembark. However, we've got what we've got and there were more important things to fix.

Ship interiors will not be part of Odyssey. Some people got upset because David Braben had claimed that the ships had been designed with interiors and walking around ships in mind and that must mean it must be part of Odyssey and they promised it.
[...]

Apples and oranges...

These situations are not comparable at all.

PP, probably never, CQC? Lol, that's been abandoned long ago!

I'm not saying it to be nasty, but that's the way it looks, it's almost certainly engineering.
And again, how many times and attempts is that? It brings in no new audience to ping pong between v1, v2 and whatever they might do. The feature refresh has to make waves and frankly Powerplay done well could do it, considering it was squadrons, BGS, proto engineer / tier 1 NPC in 2015. A Powerplay that was PvP co-op / tactical drawing on squadrons and the current BGS would be really nice. Even eliminating 5C would be enough for some.

• tractor beam or anchor-something to connect to pirated ships
  • cool ships mean cool ships, so I can not be scanned or seen by NPC pirates
  • Community Goals give engineered modules without the grind (so, this already had a good start)
  • black market prices of FC can be researched ingame, like the normal warehouses.
  • FC can be filtered: my own FC, FC noone can land on, FC that have no markets or services, a.s.o.

- missions with small ships give more money and more rep or mats than big ships (I love small ships). If I have space for 4 tons on my Sidey, I can make the millions as the 5000 tons that need a Cutter. But you don´t get those missions on a cutter. You even don´t get those missions if you own a cutter. Using big ships should be no benefit. Because big ships make everything easier. (did I say I love my small ships?)

I'm telling you, they better put in Space Loos. Complete trash without it. How can my character just NOT go to the bathroom? If it doesn't happen then it is irrefutable proof that the game is dead and clearly been in maintenance mode. Undeniable. If you disagree with me then you're wrong. 5 people I don't really know agreed with me which is further proof the game is dying if what I suggest doesn't happen.

Ok on a serious note, base building would be really cool along with the other ships that were discovered in the game files. I don't see that happening but that is what I hope to see. Plus foot Thargoids.
Wait!!! You weren't serious in the first part?!!!

We're all
doooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmed

My feeling has always been since they had that question thread about engineering, and never really did anything with it, then announce the change to a major system, that engineering was what was going to be changed. Not sure if this is a good or bad idea, given their record of "fixing" stuff only to break more stuff.

Background Sim might be nice, but do we really want Frontier monkeying with it?

Last edited:
Top Bottom