What is the median CR balance for all commanders?

Maybe we could ask @Artie to help us again with a more updated analysis? Please?
That one was valid for end of August 2019, basically less than a week after Flight Carriers announcement

An updated overview as of February 2020. Same method was used to provide comparable results, just the sample size is bigger (~125k of commanders). Same as before - the data is based on Inara commanders only and may not provide an accurate picture of true wealth of all commanders in the game, so take the following numbers just as a representation of a subset of commanders, which may be skewed by many factors.

~ 79% commanders are having less than 1 billion in credits (was 82%)
~ 21% are having more than 1 billion in credits (was 18%)
~ 9.5% are having more than 2 billions in credits (was 7%)
~ 3% are having more than 5 billions (was 2%)
~ 1.2% are having more than 10 billions (was 0.7%)
~ 0.3% are having more than 20 billions (was 0.2%)

Last edited:
Median?

Oh dear, probably somewhere around 150,000 credits or so.

I'm sitting on 300mil right now because I don't have any projects to spend it on, most of them are awaiting engineering so I'm sorta passively gaining credits as I farm mats with HazRes to keep it interesting. Generally I buy a ship I don't own when I bust 200mil and A-Rate just to fill out the fleet. I've already got a 80% finished Corvette, 95% finished DBX, and a 70% finished Beluga Liner (in terms of engineering), so I don't really focus much on other stuff except to just own it.

I also don't mindlessly grind credits. Game has enough grind as it is. I'll grind credits when I've got something I want to buy that exceeds my balance (like an FC, I guess).

Based on discussion, I guess I'm a 1%'er as well. Assets 9.3b with credits of 7.5b. Never really thought my balance would put me in that group. Only one large ship for me (Vette), as I'm a medium ship guy.

Based on discussion, I guess I'm a 1%'er as well. Assets 9.3b with credits of 7.5b. Never really thought my balance would put me in that group. Only one large ship for me (Vette), as I'm a medium ship guy.
My perception has changed as well since starting this thread. I guess me and the guys I hang with are a bunch of wealthy, snobbish bloombergs. In fact, almost everyone I wing with has significantly more billions than I.

An updated overview as of February 2020. Same method was used to provide comparable results, just the sample size is bigger (~125k of commanders). Same as before - the data is based on Inara commanders only and may not provide an accurate picture of true wealth of all commanders in the game, so take the following numbers just as a representation of a subset of commanders, which may be skewed by many factors.

It looks like I can easily afford a carrier. FD won't want 79% of players complaining that they have to grind to get one. :)

My perception has changed as well since starting this thread. I guess me and the guys I hang with are a bunch of wealthy, snobbish bloombergs. In fact, almost everyone I wing with has significantly more billions than I.

The range of activities that make significant money is pretty specific, and many players aren't interested in them. If it weren't for trying out Mining during the VO Rush, I would likely be at ~1b total instead of 2.25b total. That 1.25b difference was made in ~5 mining trips taking up perhaps 9-12 hours total. The 1b remainder was made over the course of ~1300 hours of purely Combat focused gameplay, though that does include Engineer unlocks, mat grinds and occasional Notoriety docking sessions.

The difference in monetary rewards for different playing styles is absolutely Biblical in scale. I will never be a space trucker or space chauffeur (not even once) or real miner, so making serious money just isn't gonna happen for me. My VO Core equivalent is getting 2.2m Assassination Missions. I personally don't care all that much as I like Small and Medium ships, so I don't really need to be rich. Just pointing out how easy it is to play a lot, competently, without getting rich. I bought and built out all my ships with nothing but blood money, before the VO Rush, and am proud of it. I purchased and kitted out my Chieftain with the blood money of a lot of Corvettes and Anacondas from the cockpit of my DBS, good times.

I will say as a side note, that going from whatever Rank 0 is in Trading to Elite in 9-12 hours while getting to Deadly in Combat took >1000, and still not Elite, is hilarious to me. What a worthless Rank! Trading, be an Elite Billionaire - Tomorrow!

It looks like I can easily afford a carrier. FD won't want 79% of players complaining that they have to grind to get one. :)
Like Bob said in the other thread, I'm waiting for the salt when the price turns out to be a lot lower than these people who've been grinding void opals just to buy one are expecting, then they'll start whinging that all these people that didn't waste their time doing nothing but filling their bank accounts with credits are able to buy them. Expect complaints about how these "newbies" don't "deserve" carriers somehow because they had the foresight not to bother putting in all this unnecessary work.

The range of activities that make significant money is pretty specific, and many players aren't interested in them. If it weren't for trying out Mining during the VO Rush, I would likely be at ~1b total instead of 2.25b total. That 1.25b difference was made in ~5 mining trips taking up perhaps 9-12 hours total. The 1b remainder was made over the course of ~1300 hours of purely Combat focused gameplay, though that does include Engineer unlocks, mat grinds and occasional Notoriety docking sessions.

The difference in monetary rewards for different playing styles is absolutely Biblical in scale. I will never be a space trucker or space chauffeur (not even once) or real miner, so making serious money just isn't gonna happen for me. My VO Core equivalent is getting 2.2m Assassination Missions. I personally don't care all that much as I like Small and Medium ships, so I don't really need to be rich. Just pointing out how easy it is to play a lot, competently, without getting rich. I bought and built out all my ships with nothing but blood money, before the VO Rush, and am proud of it. I purchased and kitted out my Chieftain with the blood money of a lot of Corvettes and Anacondas from the cockpit of my DBS, good times.

I will say as a side note, that going from whatever Rank 0 is in Trading to Elite in 9-12 hours while getting to Deadly in Combat took >1000, and still not Elite, is hilarious to me. What a worthless Rank! Trading, be an Elite Billionaire - Tomorrow!

I made my first billion through stacking taxi missions, the next 4b through wing trade missions. Then VO mining came out. I tried that and hated it. I made the next 2b almost exclusively through stacking wing massacre and assassination missions. That isn't the best credit making plan, but I gain other benefits from it.

Thank you.

Edit: the wealth increase is quite significant, but it was to be expected

Last edited:
I made the next 2b almost exclusively through stacking wing massacre and assassination missions.

High Ranked Assassination Mission pay really isn't that bad, the real problem is getting them. I've turned in most of mine for Rep/Mats, which cuts down the pay to a small fraction, otherwise I would have significantly more Credits to my name. I rely on Modified Embedded Firmwares in order that I don't have to play re-logging space go-kart, and Exquisite Focus Crystals so that I don't need to bore myself with HGEs. I do occasionally have to stray from Combat play, but I do it begrudgingly and only when no other option exists.

High Ranked Assassination Mission pay really isn't that bad, the real problem is getting them. I've turned in most of mine for Rep/Mats, which cuts down the pay to a small fraction, otherwise I would have significantly more Credits to my name. I rely on Modified Embedded Firmwares in order that I don't have to play re-logging space go-kart, and Exquisite Focus Crystals so that I don't need to bore myself with HGEs. I do occasionally have to stray from Combat play, but I do it begrudgingly and only when no other option exists.
This is true. I always take the mfg mat reward before the credits. I fill up on MEF so quickly its always full forcing me to visit the local trader.

Just topped 7 billion CR.

My excuse is I used to play much more than I do now and an avid bounty hunter.

The figure is just a number, doesn't really mean much other than invested playing time.

Haven't done much in the way of doing META cash grabs, I don't think I've even mined any void opals, some painite in the past.

Robert Maynard

Volunteer Moderator
Like Bob said in the other thread, I'm waiting for the salt when the price turns out to be a lot lower than these people who've been grinding void opals just to buy one are expecting, then they'll start whinging that all these people that didn't waste their time doing nothing but filling their bank accounts with credits are able to buy them. Expect complaints about how these "newbies" don't "deserve" carriers somehow because they had the foresight not to bother putting in all this unnecessary work.
Before the announcement that we were getting personal Fleet Carriers there were those convinced that FCs would be restricted to Squadrons and large ones at that. There are those who would seem to be quite happy to pull up the ladder behind them....

Top Bottom