What other games are we all playing?

sorry if my current train nerd is OTT!

one HUNDERD TWENY FIIIIIIIIVE! (rather fast, amazed I'm bombing full pelt past stations, do they warn people waiting on stations to move well back?!!)
125.jpg

UK train, running in winter?? WUT?!
snow.jpg

Last up, been doing some freight work:
freight.jpg

If you like monster waves, you must come and visit Portugal. Bring spare underpants.

I've been on that lighthouse to watch the phenomena just 2 weeks ago, and it's farting terrifying. Those surfers are mad. Mad I say.

Those titanic waves are caused by a massive underwater canyon (which we call "The Nazare Cannon") that ends just in front of that lighthouse, reducing depth abruptly from over a thousand meters to just a few dozen meters. Whenever there is a storm in the north atlantic, the water is pushed through the underwater canyon towards the shore and when it reaches the end, the water is pushed upwards. When the right conditions are met, colossal walls of water capable of making Triton himself defecate his pants spawn just a few hundred meters in front of the lighthouse and crash upon the shore with all-mighty fury.

I am absolutely fascinated by that place and actually considering to go there with my family/kids.
Starting next Winter season, I will probably monitor the weather and when the conditions are right, I will try to snatch a last minute ticket to Lisbon and rent a car.

Anything server side and not p2p that bores me in an instance. Haven't logged into to ED for nearly a year after parking at Sag A. And I have VR/Hotas sad really, but Star Citizen is fun there's people around, to practice dogfighting with my new Vipril pedals without them combat logging (p2p) lol.

oh dear.....I had a good scenario in TSW, where a HST had broken down and I had to use a freight loco to connect up and haul it back for repairs. It was going well (despite being late and me being tired as hell) until I had to get out of one end of the freight loco to the other (not sure why I couldn't have just reversed but it's what I had to do to progess the scenario), I had instructions to put the "reverser" (like an auto car gear stick), into neutral and remove the master key....I spent ages trying to remove the master key and it wouldn't budge, Alt tabbed out to browse the net for help and came up blank. Went back to game and several expletives spilt forth from my gutter mouth, then I realised I had the "reverser" in reverse and not neutral (Picard head slap).....that let me drive back to the HST and I hooked up and set off to the depot 30 odd miles away. Things were going well until a red light stopped my progress...I wait, and wait...aaaand wait.

I get out of the seat down onto the tracks to see if I can do anything at the light.... nope. I explore down to a little pond area and admire the graphics, back to light and it's still red :(.....so I get into the HST front cabin and fart in there for a bit, check light...still red. I go into the passenger compartment and sit in first class, I go to the door and play with the window, at this point I close the door...no biggy...play with window a bit more. I wonder how the light is doing so I click to open the door..it's locked...only the driver can unlock the doors...from the cab...I'm the driver and I'm in the passenger section (Homer D'oh).......only option is to quit the scenario.

I think I sussed the red light though, I have a limited time slot to return with the HST and becuase of farting around with the "reverser" and losing 15-20 minutes, the lights change and I'm stuffed.

TL: DR
you can't remove the master key with the reverser in reverse. oh and don't close passenger doors when faffing around.

Last edited:
Been playing a bit of Tomb Raider (reboot) on me new PC and enjoying the gfx on ultra.....Rise will be next, then this morning I see the deluxe edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale on steam....80+quids worth for less than 15 quid...BARGAIN. Had a preliminary play on ultra settings and OMG it's one hell of a gorgeous looking game!!!
20200228134211_1.jpg
20200228134513_1.jpg
20200228140314_1.jpg

Been playing a bit of Tomb Raider (reboot) on me new PC and enjoying the gfx on ultra.....Rise will be next, then this morning I see the deluxe edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale on steam....80+quids worth for less than 15 quid...BARGAIN. Had a preliminary play on ultra settings and OMG it's one hell of a gorgeous looking game!!!
View attachment 163832View attachment 163833View attachment 163834
Nice.
I brought Rise yesterday for VR. Might take a look at this one too

So I've been playing Beat Saber (for quite a while now), Audica, and now I started to play OhShape and Synth Rider. I really love these games where you move and do things to music. Just love it! Not to brag, but I just now placed 10th position in one of the songs in one of the games. :D

I've played nothing but truck and farm simulator games since early December so I thought it would fun to switch things up with a shooter. Ive had Far Cry 5 in my library since it released and barely tried it out, and now I'm really getting into it. Stupid fun!

Space Engineers future update which adds weather to different planets is going real well to date. SE did a public test back on March for the new Frostbite feature and was well received by the community. Some fan bois were poking through the game files and found all these hidden weather features TBD in the next update

Also in this really cool video, factions of players fight a flying city against the frozen backdrop of a planetary surface. Something like a FC asset could really come in handy here :D

SE has atmospheric, earthlike planets where players can conduct real time war games. In weather affected biomes from different inclement weather types. Pay attention FDev!

Last edited:
Can't wait for Chris Roberts to see this and the addition of buildable flying cities to the scope of SC! But with more fidelity of course! :p

Dude. You really need to get SC out of your system, almost everything you write these days are connected to SC somehow.
Obsessed, much?

Dude. You really need to get SC out of your system, almost everything you write these days are connected to SC somehow.
Obsessed, much?

A tad obssessed you might say. Its like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion. You know you shouldn't be watching, that what you are seeing is horrifying, but you can't help but stare.

Top Bottom