What other games are we all playing?

I'm stuck at home as well, but, alas, I have no money for new games. So, I'm searching on Steam, and looking at what's free elsewhere, or playing what I have sunk costs in... :(

Can't wait for Chris Roberts to see this and the addition of buildable flying cities to the scope of SC! But with more fidelity of course! :p
Hi there. Please don't give CRobbers any more inspiration than necessary. My naive trust has been shattered into a thousands pieces by Rockstar and lately the likes of Bethesda. My fragile little heart simply can't take anymore disappointment :cry:

Hi there. Please don't give CRobbers any more inspiration than necessary. My naive trust has been shattered into a thousands pieces by Rockstar and lately the likes of Bethesda. My fragile little heart simply can't take anymore disappointment :cry:

Oh... what have Rockstar done?

GTA V and it's e doppleganger GTAO.

Action RPG by the company dev formerly known as R* is officially RIP.

Nuff said.

Interesting. Go on please. I'm playing GTO quite a lot right now. Daughter also. We've been fans on the series for a while. We used to play SA:MP together.

Trying to get her businesses set up, since she never really bothered with that side of things.

You're still playing SA MP? That's pretty awesome! I still play SA single player but the heavily modded, hot coffee version on PC. Because unfortunately, SA was sheer hell to beat vanilla due to all the bugs and poor mission optimization. I basically play heavily modded versions of all GTAs (really want to revisit VC but super advanced PC won't let me play) up to GTA V. Played GTA V single player once and couldn't bring myself to touch it again until some decent mods came out for it. Even so, it's still difficult to make myself play. With the sheer laziness and greed R* displayed in leaving Los Santos --a bare bones MVP that's still AN ISLAND after 6+ years to date--I've sadly admitted the magic of SA and its amazing protagonist story line is truly dead. With GTA V, the franchise game play has been reduced to grinding or buying Shark cards. We'll never get another innovative, immersive and high quality CJ, Niko, Johnny or Luis type protagonist story line again. R* has become too obsessed with making a bare bones single player game (that's really a $60 license key tutorial) to play the Online MVP which is where the real profit is. Assuming they even bother to make a single player game for GTA 6 that is.

DOOM ETERNAL out soon, looks awesome!

Personally, I am hyped for Doomguy's lightsaber:
1583967441832.png

Replaying the first 3D (to distinguish it from the 1993 AOL online game) Neverwinter Nights PC game while my better systems are out of commission. Been fifteen years since I played it last.

I like some aspects of it quite a bit, the DM tools are, if anything, superior to the ones included with the second game), but others, not so much. Overall, it's inferior in most ways to both it's Infinity Engine predecessors and it's own sequels. It's ugly, the story is pretty bland, pacing is pretty slow, and I never really cared al that much for 3E D&D. That said, it's still very playable.

Replaying the first 3D (to distinguish it from the 1993 AOL online game) Neverwinter Nights PC game while my better systems are out of commission. Been fifteen years since I played it last.

I like some aspects of it quite a bit, the DM tools are, if anything, superior to the ones included with the second game), but others, not so much. Overall, it's inferior in most ways to both it's Infinity Engine predecessors and it's own sequels. It's ugly, the story is pretty bland, pacing is pretty slow, and I never really cared al that much for 3E D&D. That said, it's still very playable.

I went back and played through a bit of the campaign a few years ago.

NWN2 toolset is better in some ways, worse in others.

Interesting. Go on please. I'm playing GTO quite a lot right now. Daughter also. We've been fans on the series for a while. We used to play SA:MP together.

Trying to get her businesses set up, since she never really bothered with that side of things.

Well

I did play GTAO regularly. But I absolutely refused to buy R* shark cards to enjoy the game (and still do on the principle of R* greed). Also being a former single player, immersion RPG minded fan boi (coming off the likes of VC, SA/GTA III & GTA IV era), the grindfest to acquire business/properties/assets was actually an enjoyable, natural progression by which I could finally get the SA experience denied to me in single player GTA V. That was until the black hat modders, #yoloswag cheaters and griefers turned the fun that free roam used to be into a living hell shortly after. And the cheating progressed from duping cash, to vehicles, to exploits that let players store illegal vehicles like tanks in their garages etc. Which clean players like me either ignored by playing Invite Only,

But since you couldn't operate your business in Solo/private sessions, PvE players like me were forced to play in public lobbies. Where you were always at a disadvantage because your were being forced to play with cheaters/griefers. Who used their glitched billions to acquire overpowered WMD weapons/vehicles to harass players and ruin their online game experience. So you were always being forced out of your PvE play style, because you being made some PvP player or griefer's free online content. You had to constantly defend yourself/business operations from the toxic nuisance of griefers. And this got worse when the cheating spread to competitive player missions/activities like racing and death matches. Cheaters were using game exploits and their glitched billions to rapidly level up and unlock upgrades like vehicle mods etc. which gave them an unfair advantage against clean players.

It was right around the peak of this billionaire cheater playa era that R* finally got off their butts. They were getting ready to banhammer/sweep cheater accounts for the first time when the inevitable finally happened. At that point, the modders and cheaters were in a panic. And desperate to get rid of their over bloated, illegally glitched billion dollar bank accounts. And my character fell victim to one of the chrome adder clowns. He was involuntarily gifted a couple hundred billion in cheater cash by some desperate modder. Who had jumped onto my server so he could dump billions of glitched money onto other unsuspecting players like myself in the lobby. And then immediately jumped lobbies to rinse and repeat the process.

I was really disgusted by this selfish, immature behavior. Because my character had spent hundreds of hours acquiring and building up his business, buying vehicles, clothing etc. to that point. But fortunately, I had been recording my play session (this was in the days before discovering how to lag yourself out into a private lobby) at the time in case of this event. So opened a support ticket with R* and uploaded the supporting video evidence. R* removed the glitched money a day or so later. And then gifted me an additional 500K GTA$ for all the trouble. That's when I discovered how to lag myself into a private lobby where I could finally run my business and play the game in peace. But despite R* removing some 360 billion in glitched cash, my player stats (in terms of earning) remain permanently ruined to date.

It's that sort of selfish, toxic online player behavior which is why I'm such an avid anti PvP and pro Solo/offline player. The online cheaters/modders ruined the GTAO economy, game play, and R* former vision for how GTAO was designed to work. By glitching/sharing billions in counterfeit GTAO dollars into their character and friend bank accounts, they destroyed vital future features. Perfect example is a feature the likes of BAWSAQ, which was critical to the success of establishing a dynamic, player based driven economy in GTAO.

Despite this, R* did NOTHING in those early days of GTAO. Where they could have effectively checked player exploitation of the game mechanics that was destroying the franchise. R* continued to ignore and milk this exploitation for all it was worth. Because they knew the cheaters and griefers either pushed honest players into buying shark cards. Or keeping their broken, buggy servers busy by grinding harder. Just so they could acquire what they wanted and enjoy the game. IMO R* executive management was too obsessed with making billions on Wall Street. So thanks to R* indulgence and toxic players like the cheaters/modders, the GTAO economy remains completely broken to date. With the likes of absurdly inflated 30K+ GTA$ clothing and overpriced business/properties/vehicles etc.

I suspect the minority of fan bois who quit GTAO completely wasn't enough incentive to make R* change their EA eye gouging ways. And to date, I've come to suspect R* has happily resigned themselves to the reality the online component is . Added insult to injury for the clean player base, through their weak PR spin using permabans to address the cheater pandemic to date. When they know fully well that said cheaters will simply buy another copy of the game that--by default of the game's 6 yr maturity-- is heavily discounted around $30 to date.

I semi retired when the modders/cheaters finally spread their toxicity to dumping illegally glitched money onto unsuspecting players during missions. Just so they could get clean and honest players banned. Missions/heists were the one feature where you could play fairly and competitively with other players. I've become disillusioned with R* because of their complacency. They COULD make the game more supportive for clean players by simply TURNING ON THE BUSINESS FEATURES in Solo and Invite lobbies. Yet they continue refuse doing so to date. Because they want to remain profiting from player impatience which drive shark card sales. And profiting indirectly from YT personalities (the likes of the infamous man-child MrBossFTW). Who they KNOW will continue making them millions in free marketing from views of the latest game exploits on the web.

TL DR
I don't care for the cancerous cheat fest that the GTA franchise has sadly devolved to date, I now play it sporadically. And since I own all the business (except the joke that is the Arena DLC), I only go online when special business events like double crates/bunker sales make it worth my time. Or to check out, play and/or acquire the latest drip feed DLC if it interests me. Assuming R* servers even permit logging into the game anymore, without getting you stuck in the server cloud purgatory screen that is....

Indeed. But the player-module scene makes it one of the best crpg ever imho. Playing NWN for the official 3 campaigns is like only ever playing the in-built demo levels from Mario Maker.

Ozric

Volunteer Moderator
then this morning I see the deluxe edition of Shadow of the Tomb Raider is on sale on steam....80+quids worth for less than 15 quid...BARGAIN. Had a preliminary play on ultra settings and OMG it's one hell of a gorgeous looking game!!!
View attachment 163832View attachment 163833View attachment 163834
Aye that it is!
15 by Ozric, on Flickr
20 by Ozric, on Flickr
I'm stuck at home as well, but, alas, I have no money for new games. So, I'm searching on Steam, and looking at what's free elsewhere, or playing what I have sunk costs in... :(

One Finger Death Punch! It's only £3.99 on Steam...
Source: https://youtu.be/R1j0VE6d-xE

NWN is still my favourite game of all time :D

2nd and 3rd Edition was when I played most of my D&D and it's still the only game to essentially put all of the D&D rules into the game and give you information so you can see what all your rolls are etc. I love it! I started playing it again recently, and there's still a vibrant online community for it with plenty of servers up and running.
I started playing on Higher Ground recently, which has made some interesting changes to keep things fresh.

I started playing it again recently, and there's still a vibrant online community for it with plenty of servers up and running.

I remember having a blast on a number of persistent servers/campaigns, but the out-of-box single-player game is pretty blah compared to the other Bioware D&D titles.

Top Bottom