What's next in Elite Dangerous?

You know what drowns out negativity? Lots of happy customers. You know, the kind FDEV had in the earlier days. There was negativity in those days as well, but most players were too busy enjoying the game and looking to a bright future for it. But that future has come and gone and will not be returning. Neither will the customers.

You know, when I sometimes sit in the lobby of a dentist or doctor, there is usually a magazine basket with magazines that are at least ten years old. One of my favorite things is reading them and seeing how many things actually turned out the way we thought when we wrote the magazine. Some predictions came true, some didn't, and the way the false prediction was inflated and cascaded at the time jumps right out for amusement of the reader.

I got the feeling from your writing that this would make a good "ten-year article". Then, ten years from now, when I'm reading this thread on my phone in the doctor's lobby while waiting for my turn, I'll either go "hey, this guy was really smart and right, I'll admit it" or I'll silently chuckle the same way someone predicted that all computers will crash at the turn of the millennium.

:)

I know I didn't...
You may think whatever suits your personal narrative.

Okay, of course i was assuming you watched it like anyone else. What you must have done then is mouse over frame by frame of the youtube preview bar without it playing, stalking the video until you found is face. Bet you have all his merchandise too? :p

Okay, of course i was assuming you watched it like anyone else. What you must have done then is mouse over frame by frame of the youtube preview bar without it playing, stalking the video until you found is face. Bet you have all his merchandise too? :p
Be careful old chap, I dislike being called a liar, and having the intimation that I could possibly give the little oick any of my time.

Sure, the client keeps crashing when minimized. What else?

Mine never does that - and i play full screen, sometimes i dual log so one client is invariably alt-tabbed.
I did encounter some oddities when i activated the frame-limiter from nvidia drivers for alt-tabbed apps - as soon as i deactivated the option i never had any issues whatsoever with the alt-tabbed Elite clients

A 75%sale and then an Easter bunny set ?
Oh boy.

1652517499425-png.306460

Yeah, but it will just be reskinned NPC doing the same game loops, so nothing new.
Maybe they can climb on ceilings and walls and swarm like Aliens 2. That would be downright terrifying.

Still not what I'm personally looking for a spaceship piloting game, but for those who love their new FPS, they might enjoy a Resident Evil twist to it.

What's next in Elite Dangerous?

At least with Horizons and Oddity they didn't repeat the JWE rip-off - releasing JWE2 as a totally different game, completely separate and unable to use your JWE dlc etc. So hopefully the next ED thing will again be an evolution built on the current release. However, since we are fast approaching the 10-year life span postulated by The Braben I doubt it will be anything terrific.

At least with Horizons and Oddity they didn't repeat the JWE rip-off - releasing JWE2 as a totally different game, completely separate and unable to use your JWE dlc etc. So hopefully the next ED thing will again be an evolution built on the current release. However, since we are fast approaching the 10-year life span postulated by The Braben I doubt it will be anything terrific.

I actually wished they stopped Horizons as it was, leaving it at Legacy status eventually (as it happened with 3.8) and move forward with Odyssey as a New Game not a DLC, setup in exactly the same galaxy using our same commander saves.
But without the ties we have because Horizons and Odyssey needs as Game+DLC (one of them being the required "active ship" link)

Yeah, but it will just be reskinned NPC doing the same game loops, so nothing new.
ofc your complaning even before they are out lmao ....

cant wait for them to do on foot thargoids and everyone is just gona hate for hating to get that adrenaline pumping . them fdev is gona be sad and they arent goan realse new stuff because of it lol

I can’t help I but ponder whether it was partly the community’s fault for frontiers downfall. Look of course it isn’t as one makes their own decisions.. but imagine if frontier somehow started to believe all the positivity they received from the community.. and sadly instead of humility and return of care, it fueled some sort of “they’ll buy anything and still be gushing over us” hubris.

Look at Jurassic, elite, f1 manager… there’s something that went one step too anti player on the strategy side.

Their community management positioning is pretty rare in the gaming world as well.. you’d have to release practical perfection to get away with it, and even then you’d be putting your future self at risk if there was ever a stumble. That zero competition core player base is great…

People keep saying every thread isn't a DOOOOOOM thread, but somehow it always sneaks in....DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't start it, today i was just inspired by everyone elses doom. What's wrong with doom threads? Until we receive a patch that meets expectations its fair. The best recommendation is to go to legacy which has no more expectations to be positive.

Wasn't it a "ten-year development plan" at that time?
It is part of their strategy to nurture a game for years after launch. Nothing says it will be ditched after 10 years, they could go on for another 5 years if players keep playing.

love their new FPS
FPS is a tiny fraction of what Odyssey has to offer. To me it make complete sense that Frontier whished we could disembark and explore on foot, gain access to ground bases and orbital concourses, interact (albeit in a limited form for now) with other NPC and that Cmdrs could engage with other commanders directly (as human to human and not ship to ship) and plenty other things.
Or do we have to ditch Horizon also because Elite isn't a dune buggy simulation?
Frontier built a galaxy and deepen its interactivity with the players with those expansions without cancelling any of the previous gameplays.
We should stop with this senseless bashing of the very game we love & play, and try constructive feedback instead.

What's wrong with doom threads?
Doom threads actively impair Elite capabilities to attract new players, just as promoting Legacy does and discourage existing players.
It is playing against its own team, shooting down your squadron mates, blowing up your own SRV or throwing a grenade at your own foot if you're the kind that thinks Odyssey is only a botched FPS.

Top Bottom