Why are player interdictions so impossible to evade?

The main issue I've noticed with player interdictions is that sometimes even if I zero the throttle immediately, the red bar fills up so fast that it'll complete the interdiction before the submission goes through. Other times it's no different to how I'd expect it to be.
I don't have enough data to actually say anything conclusive but sometimes it feels like the bars move faster (in either direction) when there are more people around in the instance?

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Probably the same reason latency compensation favors the aggressor. If it were the other way around, interdiction would rarely succeed and weapons would rarely hit their mark.

Frontier probably (and wisely, IMO) decided that any uncertainty should fall in favor of interaction and action.

Likely. Although in the case of equal game imo rng should decide :p

What also doesn't make total sense to me is that the victim is pulled back to the aggressors location in space. Which means that if you're running away towards a station and submit, then survive long enough to get back into SC, you're farther away from your destination than you were when interdicted.

This way a wing of aggressors can annoy you indefinitely, even if your ship is well equipped and able to survive an attack of a wing, you'll never be able to reach the station.

I've had this many times at CG's, and after 6, 7 or 8 attempts and an impasse (they suck and can't destroy me, I get pulled back from the station every time and can't make it there due to chain interdictions) I just log to solo, because I can't be bothered and I certainly have better things to do than playing this silly cat and mouse PvP mini game.

IMO it's the aggressor that should be pulled to the victim, because the game should reward the player who's able to survive an attack and give them a chance to safely escape to the station.

It's a really stupid and badly designed way of handling this IMO.

What also doesn't make total sense to me is that the victim is pulled back to the aggressors location in space. Which means that if you're running away towards a station and submit, then survive long enough to get back into SC, you're farther away from your destination than you were when interdicted.

This way a wing of aggressors can annoy you indefinitely, even if your ship is well equipped and able to survive an attack of a wing, you'll never be able to reach the station.

I've had this many times at CG's, and after 6, 7 or 8 attempts and an impasse (they suck and can't destroy me, I get pulled back from the station every time and can't make it there due to chain interdictions) I just log to solo, because I can't be bothered and I certainly have better things to do than playing this silly cat and mouse PvP mini game.

IMO it's the aggressor that should be pulled to the victim, because the game should reward the player who's able to survive an attack and give them a chance to safely escape to the station.

Yes, very annoying to be pulled back.

This is one of the most annoying things about running missions and having a target NPC after you in PvE too, they'll interdict you while you're on approach so you get the wonderful choice of submitting and getting yanked 20ls backwards, or fighting it and overshooting your target. Fully support having the fight take place wherever the interdiction target drops rather than the person interdicting.

Yes, very annoying to be pulled back.
Guys I play on Mobius some they do not allow such things it's a private group on ED. Just do a search for Mobius. The Mobius prime rule is do not wreck somebody else's game. They work together there and not against each other. Doesn't seem to be any idiots there. Just thought you might like to know. The NPC's are there but no other cowards are allowed.

MOBIUS PVE AMERICA

Last edited:

Deleted member 110222

D

Damn. I actually agree with Rootsrat on something.

Savour it kids. This don't happen often.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
The best way to beat these pirates is to take their targets away. Play solo or Play in private groups like Mobius.

Best way for you.

I disagree. To me Open is the only mode of play - I only log to solo when someone annoys me enough (like pointless chain interdictions). Equip your ship appropriately and accept the fact that Open is a mode where you can die for no reason.

If you can't accept it, then yes - solo is probably best mode for you.

Best way for you.

I disagree. To me Open is the only mode of play - I only log to solo when someone annoys me enough (like pointless chain interdictions). Equip your ship appropriately and accept the fact that Open is a mode where you can die for no reason.

If you can't accept it, then yes - solo is probably best mode for you.
Well quit your belly achin and play then.

Meanwhile everyone is derailing the topic, OP included. :p
They are impossible to evade because Frontier has stacked the deck but refuses to do anything with the gankers. I have no problem with the guys that do pirating like it's suppose to be done. But have no use for the ones that just blow you up for the fun of it.

The best way to beat these pirates is to take their targets away. Play solo or Play in private groups like Mobius.

I was gifted the game and wasn't even going to open it until I found out there is a single-player mode. TBH I have played Open a few times. I've never been killed, but there's nothing I find 'fun' about playing in Open. Quite the contrary actually. I occasionally play in Mobius, but never for very long as I quickly tire of having to watch out for open squares when I come zooming into a station. ;)

What I don't understand is why people play in open and then complain when they become someone's entertainment and their ships get blown up. Seems stupid. But hey, it's entertaining to read about on the forums. :)

1. never fly ship you can't rebuy
  2. submit when interdicted and high wake (HW doesn't have mass lock)
  3. if you choose low wake and managed to escape, consider disengage from supercruise yourself within a sec or two, this will throw the other player a bit off, giving you enough time to high wake, otherwise the interdiction will repeat
  4. prepare your ship adequately (give it shield + shield booster when flying in players invested zones) never fly naked
  5. research, google, youtube, many information out there
  6. and be mentally prepared because there will be rare cases where it is 100% sure you will die/can't escape (you can't possibly survive in sidewinder being ganked by 4 ships in a wing, this is just an extreme example so pls no bashing :ROFLMAO:)

Top Bottom