Why are player interdictions so impossible to evade?

I'll just have to submit next time then. Clearly that's the only option available to anyone. :confused:
Same happened to me when I started out. I now submit, which takes me out of super cruise but him also.
By submitting my Frame shift drive cools down faster than his and I can get into SC faster than he and I leave him.
I pick a target in the 1st panel and hit the frame shift drive to there the second my FSD is cooled down.
Be quick to have a target in mind as soon as the FSD is cooled enough.
He may follow me but I'll just do the same again going in a different direction.
Play in solo for now until you get good at it. I joined a PVE group for awhile until I got better ships.

I got interdicted by that Mamba ship, and In my under-engineered unarmored Krait Mk2 I doubt I even had a shot at escaping or fighting back. Not even mentioning that my ship was destroyed literally instantly.
Back to solo play I go, I guess.

stick with the mk ii. it will reward you mightily. just keep working on it.

let me tell you a little secret about Falcon Delacy's mid tier ships (python, mk ii and phantom). one of their best traits is their mass factor of 17 allowing them to low wake on *any medium fighter. with a well armored ship that means 5 or so seconds from the submit then 5 seconds to jump to SC, 10 seconds faster than a high wake while also leaving your attacker still rebooting theirs. successive chain interdictions just leave attackers stuck in normal space. it can also outrun anything that can mass lock it forcing any attacker into a draw. dropping a heatsink before submitting combined with a skilled boost flip into your attacker then wake may be a faster maneuver than they could deploy weapons and line up a shot. it would at least give an attacker a lot of decisions to make quickly.

G5 the engines. Maximize shields with appropriate resistances and shield boosters. SCBs is a good choice also. Add good hull and module protection and fill the rest as you please.

a reinforced fsd will still give you a good 20LY, more than enough for around the bubble with a modest integrity boost.

*(of course, that means if you come across another Python/MkII/Phantom you better high wake or be ready to fight.)

those ships make the game too easy.

it can also outrun anything that can mass lock it forcing any attacker into a draw. dropping a heatsink before submitting combined with a skilled boost flip into your attacker then wake may be a faster maneuver than they could deploy weapons and line up a shot. it would at least give an attacker a lot of decisions to make quickly.
This is basically what I did last time I took my DBS into shinrarta. SR & boost and I was out of masslock range by the time my drive reset, meanwhile the chief that pulled me was still circling around trying to figure out which direction I went.

This is basically what I did last time I took my DBS into shinrarta. SR & boost and I was out of masslock range by the time my drive reset, meanwhile the chief that pulled me was still circling around trying to figure out which direction I went.

other than the anaconda's magic hull the DBS receives an extra generous boost from G5 dirties that doesn't quite make sense. more so i think than any other ship. you have it boosting at 600?

star wars human conflict check
ad astra human conflict check
battlestar galactica human conflict check
star trek human conflict check
the expanse ………………...
all's normal here at the frontier as far as I can tell thats frontier justice for ya

Last edited:
other than the anaconda's magic hull the DBS receives an extra generous boost from G5 dirties that doesn't quite make sense. more so i think than any other ship. you have it boosting at 600?
I don't think it's at 600 'cause it's an oops-all-reinforcements build, but it's close.

I've had a couple of rather odd encounters with interdictions recently. The first one dropped me out pretty quick and within seconds I was down to no shields and 2% hull. I thought 'this is it' but then he just disappeared, I mean literally. No security forces were present, or even any other ships. I was able to limp to the nearest station and repair.

The second was a few days later, much the same as the first, but this time knocked me to life-support, and then, same thing, just disappeared. I rebooted my systems and got to the station for repairs.

This was in solo play.

When looking at all these preventive measures I immediately want to play in Solo again - and if only for not supporting this nonsense.

I do understand all of the above and certainly could do that. But seriously, I had to think trice and ask myself: All. that. hassle. For what? Just to escape an interdiction? Is that what people are trying to talk me into Open with? Before someone wants to paint me as the drama queen, recently I actually played a few days in Open again, though I think I was just gambling while flying my mining Conda that's certainly not PvP ready and sometimes brimfull with painite. All it did was convincing myself that the griefing and ganking situation isn't as bad as often misrepresented(?) on the forums.

I saw exactly one single hollow square during my last days in Open that vanished in the very moment I entered a high frequency (according to traffic report) system. Can't also be daytime as I'm playing on different daytimes, my sleep/wake cycles are very fragmented. This only can mean one of two things: either what I mention at the end of this post or the ratio of players in Solo vs Open is strongly towards Solo and not what Sandro stated back in the days that most players would fly in Open. Note that I'm not suggesting he was lying, situation could have changed over the time. I'm well aware that many posters say they would fly in Open, but then there still could be a much higher dark figure who either don't post here or just doesn't want to admit that.

The other possible reason why I rarely meet someone in Open could also be because I don't play with port forwarding, something that drastically seems to reduce the chance to meet other players. A few month ago I tried to set up proper port forwarding (and not just UpNP which also doesn't work for me according to network settings page), followed all the advice I could find, spend a few days tinkering, only to realize that in the end I had achieved literally nothing, nada. Just didn't work.

That's the whole Open shenanigans to me in a nutshell. Makes my brain crackle when I still hear about people dreaming of OOPP...
If you want to play with other people but don\t want to put up with the gankers, play in mobius.

I don't know if there's a mechanic that I'm not aware of, I'm a fairly new player.
But I just got interdicted and instantly killed by another Commander. During the interdiction, I stayed in the circle almost the entire time, but despite that the red progress bar went up far faster than I could get my progress bar up.
Do I need to engineer my FSD? Is this because of the cheating thing that I've heard going around?
It happened in the system around Felicity Farseer.
One word:
Latency or aka "Ping Rate".
I have the most antiquated internet connects still available. My Latency aka Ping is at best 125. Subsequently it keeps me from playing in open if and when there is more than one other in the same instance. Though I've never ever lost the mini game in solo, I can not ever win one regardless of the ship in open.

agreed if latency is high for you the higher it is the harder it will be...……………………….
as the tunnel you see is old and not where it currently is just like the sun we see is 8 mins old

Standard answer 507, thanks. Wasn't my point though. I'm not even complaining as most of the time I want to play alone. But maybe you read the OP again and learn what this thread originally was about - until it was flooded with such mindless tips for beginners.
I just read the OP I still do not know what you are belly aching about if you like playing alone.

Top Bottom