Why own one of the Passenger Liners?

Yeah, their demands... get me this, divert there, don't eject me into the sun... so unreasonable :)
The ones that really annoyed me were the old style burning station evacuations, you would dock, pick up the first group and before you could chose the next ones the first group were trying to bribe you to leave immediately.

The ones that really annoyed me were the old style burning station evacuations, you would dock, pick up the first group and before you could chose the next ones the first group were trying to bribe you to leave immediately.

That's actually quite funny lol.

I never got friendly with the Orca, but the Beluga and Dolphin are awesome. They are great explorers if you don't focus on minmaxing your explorer for jump range. Mine both jump in the 50s - the Dolphin does just shy of 60 depending on outfitting, the Beluga does 55, I think.

The Beluga is your typical "bring all toys" luxury explorer. I don't remember how it's outfitted right now, but it allowed me to bring every fun tool I wanted, including a fighter bay. Downside is it runs hot, so mine needed some engineering (low emissions plant) to travel and scoop comfortably, and because of that it is a bit power starved and needs some good power management and priorities. But flying it is amazing. In supercruise it's the most agile of all the large ships, I think, and the view out of the canopy is just spectacular in VR. Also, you're doing your exploration in style.

The Dolphin is the coolest ship. Literally. It can scoop while charging the FSD, and I do that with a G5 OC plant. It makes it the fastest traveler, that's why it was so popular as bubble taxi before people used carriers for that. For exobiology, it can land on a stamp, it is fast, agile, but still tough enough - my Dolphin almost permaboosts to 530+, it has a total range of 350 ly or so before the tank is dry, all while having like 550 raw shields and 850 raw armor. Also it makes brilliant noises. I think the Dolphin also has the largest cargo capacity of the smalls if you disregard the Cobra IV.

Dolphin is the king of exploration and travel. This is mine.

I was surprised how far a Beluga can take you on one tank. I did some passenger runs for a while around the bubble, and ending up dumping the fuel scoop on the Beluga as it was easier just to fill up when changing passengers.

I'm actually pretty tempted to pick up a Dolphin after that recommendation @Helmut Grokenberger :)

I know it'll never happen now, but imagine what the interiors of these Luxury ships would be like...
To be fair and honest, it's of course engineered to hell and back. But if you can do that, it's a great little companion. For longer trips I swap out the cargo rack for a repair controller, but other than that, it's good to go, but I also have plenty of mats to synth limpets or AFMU reloads, so my starting position is usually great. Last year I took it on a 55k roundtrip through the Project Dynasty sites - Hawkins Gap, Conflux, Formadine Rift, visited the Zurara, and back to the bubble, navigating the Formadine rift manually twice. It was both very stressful and exciting. But the little Dolphin did it with flying colors. I also use it as short trip explorer around the bubble to visit stuff like the guardian sites. I never take the carrier there, cause the Dolphin is much, much faster.

I was surprised how far a Beluga can take you on one tank. I did some passenger runs for a while around the bubble, and ending up dumping the fuel scoop on the Beluga as it was easier just to fill up when changing passengers.
Yeah but if you have to scoop, you're sitting there forever with a 128t tank ;). And while you wait for that behemoth to fill up, the Beluga cooks itself. Man, that thing runs hot. But at the same time, it's so cooooool.

Dolphin is my explorer of choice first trip to beagle back in 2017 then again in 2021 , has visited all 42 regions and I'm still out there with it now . I have any explorer ships but Dolphin always suits

Well at 128 tonnes it does have the biggest fuel tank of anything other than an FC, twice the size of a Cutter.

The Orca is my favorite long distance travel ship. My Orca
  • Fantastic jump range.
  • Fantastic cockpit view.
  • Nice sounding engines. Not annoying.
  • Sufficient interior slots for lots lots of options.
  • Comfy interior.

Mothra.jpg

My Dolphin is configured to deal with discreet passenger missions for those that don't like attention.

My Orca is an evac ship being very fast and now mostly with cargo racks for the injured, though there is economy space for those on foot.
I tried the Clipper and Cutter in the role but went back to the Orca after a couple of incidents involving shutdown fields and toast racks.

I love my Bottom 1% Liner (a Beluga). It's a rust bucket with an ugly paintjob (that is also completely eroded), with only economy class cabins and just biowaste in its cargo.
I fly it every time I feel like roleplaying.
If I get any requests from the passengers, I decline them.
If required, I jettison the annoying passengers (that is, those that do not escape on their own volition).

Top Bottom