Spring dlc Speculation 2023

I know. It's just that an animal pack seems more likely to me.
At this moment i think it could be anything else, personally i would prefer that the next pack will be a scenery one, because in this way in the summer and in the winter we could get animal packs, but we don't know how many DLCs will be for the game,(at this moment 💀), possible this is the last dlc (something that i don't believe it) and we're here speculating hahahah

At this moment i think it could be anything else, personally i would prefer that the next pack will be a scenery one, because in this way in the summer and in the winter we could get animal packs, but we don't know how many DLCs will be for the game,(at this moment 💀), possible this is the last dlc (something that i don't believe it) and we're here speculating hahahah
A scenery pack would be fine, if it's anything besides a bird dedicated pack. If they make that at all, there's no guarantee they will. And I 99% do think that this is not the last pack. some of the animal choices in this and the twilight pack seem more like they're padding the roster, and not really trying to get all of the higher requested animals in. Presumably they'll leave those for pack headliners too - the sloth, walrus, porcupine, tasmanian devil for instance.

I'm fairly convinced we'll get some kind of child/petting zoo/education themed pack in the spring. Monkey, porcupine, goat, waterfowl. Either birds or sloth in a we or goldfish/lizard in a traditional ex. Playgrounds, merry-go-round, maybe some kind of of guest-animal interaction mechanic for a few select species. Bright and colorful scenery pieces. Possibly education signs for plants/more conservation board topics.

Islands Pack
  • Tasmanian devil
  • Tree kangaroo (Goodfellow's is my bet as it is the cutest/most marketable, if not then Matschie's)
  • North island brown kiwi
  • Fossa
  • Rainbow lorikeet or flying fox (My bet would be Rodrigues as they are common in captivity, but they could go for a SEA species)
Desert Animals Pack
  • African crested porcupine (Cape and Indian could also work, all 3 have some presence in deserts)
  • Dromedary camel
  • Roadrunner
  • Hamadryas baboon
  • Pallas's cat
  • Somali wild donkey
  • Addax or Nile crocodile or West African Crocodile or Bighorn sheep
  • Veiled chameleon
Mountains Pack
  • Takin
  • Andean bear
  • Mara
  • Himalayan monal
  • A condor if we are lucky
Rainforest Animals Pack
  • South American coati
  • Red river hog
  • Golden lion tamarin
  • Black howler monkey
  • Southern tamandua
  • Colobus monkey
  • Ocelot
  • Macaws
Animals not in any order. Packs not in any order. Mountains and Deserts could easily be switched in format. These are my rough predictions using the meta wishlist and the most downloaded mods. I'm sure half the picks will end up being wrong though haha!

If we get an Islands pack I have a hunch it will come during the summer and will be a full on animal pack -

Tasmanian Devil
Kiwi
Tree Kangaroo
Fossa
Japanese Serrow
Rock Hopper Penguin
Nene or Victoria Crowned Pigeon
Ex. Panther Chameleon or Lorikeets

I'm I too optimistic probably, expecting potentially 4 birds in one pack? Maybe, but birbs.

I don’t think I can go any longer without sloths! Every time I try and build a tropical house, it feels so underwhelming without a sloth hiding in the trees. Spring is the perfect time to introduce them to the game too so PLEASE!!!

Something I've been thinking about. Either they are saving the baboon species for the Hamadryas baboon in a desert pack, or we are never getting one. Because otherwise this would have been the perfect pack for it.

Here's one issue though. A desert pack would almost certainly be an animals pack, but the grasslands pack just cannibalized it a bit. A good pack roster is a bit harder to do now. Caracal is now out. Emu is now out. Armadillo is out. Striped hyena is now out, and the brown hyena is pretty unlikely because of that too. Scimitar oryx is out. What would a 7 + 1 roster look like at this point?

I asked myself that aswell, but honestly there are still many nice animals left.
My picks would be:
  • Dromedary (duh)
  • Hamadryas Baboon (Monke)
  • Collared Peccary (Range + Pig)
  • Patagonian Mara (appears in deserts, very unique, missed out in grasslands, super common in zoos)
These 4 would be a great base imo but in case of an animal pack id also add:
  • a small carnivore with the ringtail as my preffered choice as it contrasts well with the Peccary and Armadillo, Sandcat would also be a good option
  • another Reptile would be a must imo, with the african spurred tortoise and an australian monitor like the lace as the best options, with the australian monitor being preffered cause australia
  • could be literally anything, be it a rock hyrax, addax, chilean flamingo, etc, but while they technically arnt true desert animals id love love love a second armadillo, my personal prefference being the yellow but the three banded would be just as great of an addition
  • for exhibit, id like the costas humming bird. Might not be hold in the EAZA, but who cares its a purple hummingbird, who wouldnt like a purple humming bird?
Also funfact, in german they are called "Veilchenkopfelfe" which translates to Violet (the flower not the color) head elf, which is just super cute if you ask me

Despite already having the conservation pack, I still believe that an endangered species animal pack is possible. The name of both packs would be completely different so there's no possible confusion between them. Kind of having both the aquatic pack and the wetlands animal pack.

Also for an underrated animal, the parsons chamelon might not be the most common in zoos, but as part of the legal pet trade they could reasonably appear in a zoo.
But for the main reason why i want them well...
unnamed-1-004.jpg

Do you see that size?
They grow up to 70cm and you know what that means?
New unique habitat animal baby!
But in what kind of packs would i put them?

So for starts, they would fit perfectly in a rainforrest pack like:
  • parson chameleon (duh thats why we are here)
  • red river hog (fan favorite tropical ungulate)
  • any tropical african monkey
  • south american coati (most important non monkey animal from tropical SA)
  • a tamarin
  • crocodile monitor (we need that reskin somewhere and an arboreal monitor would be nice)
  • victorian crowned pidgeon (birb)
  • exhibit

The main thing that i like about this arrangement would be that it gives great support to any island pack, adding the parson chameleon as a third unique madagascar animal next to the fossa and lemurs and the croc monitor and pidgeon as the cheerleaders for a tree kangaroo + the allready in game cassowary.
This would make an island pack as a scenery pack a much nicer option, as the normally suggested pack of fossa, kiwi, devil and tree kangaroo is near perfect, but it would suffer a little from main character sydrom, lacking in support for its bigger name animals.

Another option i would really like would be an arboreal scenery pack, adding more pieces for better and smaller climbing frames.
For animals id like 4 with uniqe locomotion, like the:
  • Parsons Chameleon
  • Red Squirrel
  • Any Monkey but a spider monkey would fit best
  • tree kangaroo
+ any tree dwelling exhibit

This would feature an animal for madagascar (africa), eurasia, the americas and oceania so pretty much something for everyone.
If arboreal pack is to boring of a name, canopy or tree dwellers pack would work well aswell

The fact that they're arboreal would inherently make them not a "reskin" - they'd need an entirely new climbing rig for when they're up in the trees.
It would have exactly same rig as nile monitor, but with single new animation for climbing up lmao.
In fact every animal have unique rig, but most of them are very similar.

Top Bottom