Spring dlc Speculation 2023

It would have exactly same rig as nile monitor, but with single new animation for climbing up lmao.
In fact every animal have unique rig, but most of them are very similar.
Of course, but a new monitor climbing animation would still require more rig work than the red river hog or most monkeys for example. I was just pointing out how it wouldn't really be the token reskin of the pack.

but i like croc monitors, i just think theyre neat
So do I!

maxresdefault.jpg

Despite already having the conservation pack, I still believe that an endangered species animal pack is possible. The name of both packs would be completely different so there's no possible confusion between them. Kind of having both the aquatic pack and the wetlands animal pack.
Love the idea of endangered animal pack. What animals would you choose for it? There are not so many popular and endangered carnivores left. It’s easy with ungulates or primates but predators?
Sumatran tiger, Javan leopard, Tassie?

Love the idea of endangered animal pack. What animals would you choose for it? There are not so many popular and endangered carnivores left. It’s easy with ungulates or primates but predators?
It feels to me too much of a retread pf the conversation pack, but it would make for a good animal pack.

I would take "endangered" on a broad sense and also include vulnerable animals according to the IUCN

-Fossa
-Tasmanian devil
-Walrus
-Secretary
-Lar gibbon
-Addax
-African spurred tortoise
-King cobra

And I would like to have an Iberian lynx too, but after getting the Caracal I don't think another lynx would happen.

I would take "endangered" on a broad sense and also include vulnerable animals according to the IUCN

-Fossa
-Tasmanian devil
-Walrus
-Secretary
-Lar gibbon
-Addax
-African spurred tortoise
-King cobra

And I would like to have an Iberian lynx too, but after getting the Caracal I don't think another lynx would happen.
Even just keeping to "actually endangered/critically endangered" you can make a pretty solid animal pack:
  • Tasmanian devil.
  • Lar gibbon.
  • Addax.
  • Sumatran rhinoceros.
  • Radiated tortoise.
  • Green peafowl.
  • Sumatran tiger.
Such a pack contains the appropriate "reskins" Frontier likes to go with, too. Other options include the Owsten's palm civet, Celebes crested macaque, Pere David's deer, and so on.

Even just keeping to "actually endangered/critically endangered" you can make a pretty solid animal pack:
  • Tasmanian devil.
  • Lar gibbon.
  • Addax.
  • Sumatran rhinoceros.
  • Radiated tortoise.
  • Green peafowl.
  • Sumatran tiger.
Such a pack contains the appropriate "reskins" Frontier likes to go with, too. Other options include the Owsten's palm civet, Celebes crested macaque, Pere David's deer, and so on.
You never miss a chance to claim for a Sumatran tiger the way I never miss a chance to claim for the Iberian lynx 😂

I definitely wouldn’t omit the Black rhinoceros for endangered animal pack. I think I would prefer endangered animal pack rather than island dlc.

Tassie
Tree kangaroo
Fossa
Lar gibbon
Black rhinoceros
Addax
Pere David’s deer

honestly id like to see more weird picks in an endangerd species pack.
The cute cool and cuddly are nice and all, but really the animals that are more obscure eally are those that would need the exposure of such a pack.
So for some examples:

1. The red shanked douc
Found in 3 EAZA Zoos, 1 in france, 1 in the Czech Republic and 1 in singapore, both of the european zoos only got them recently (france 2020, czech 2016) with both allready successfully breeding them. They also have been atleast in the sanfrancisco and philadelphia zoo.
Not just rare in captivity but also rare in the wild, this critically endangered monkey comes from the rainforests of laos, vietnam and cambodja, where they are threatend by habitat loss, hunting and the pet trade.
With a complex and peaceful social structure, these docile monkeys are not just beautiful in color but also very fun to watch as they comunicate with many different face expressions. They can also brachiate, which would be a nice feature for any new monkey.
1670365793064.png

2. The lowland anoa
The smallest of all bovids, the lowland anoa is only found on the island of sulawesi.
Found in 21 EAZA zoos, they are a good bit more common in captivity.
In their home land they are threatend by habitat loss and hunting, but more then many other species they arnt hunted because of something like the asian black markets, but because of a lack of education that they shouldnt be hunted, being eaten as a cheap way to obtain meat.
They would do great to support the babirusa and both of them would elevate the inclusion of the other.
1670366229946.png

3. The Eastern Quoll
One of the few endangerd marsupials that have actually become more common in the last years in EAZA zoos, they are being hold in 6 of them, with 4 of them obtaining them this year.
Since 1963 these small carnivores have been considerd extinct on the australian mainland, only surviving on the island of tasmania.
Being introduced into mainland australia right now, they could possibly be among the biggest australian conservation successes in history if those projects proof successfull.
Sadly the last ones in new south wales proofed unsuccessfull, but a breeding programm in barrington wildlife sanctuarry started this year in november allready proofed successfull, so lets hope that these cute little buggers will finally find success.
For ingame, their different colors and status as a small carnivorus maruspial would make them very unique and add something completly new for australia, with their arboreal mobility making them very distinct from the more popular tasmanian devil.

1670366505391.png

Ofcourse their are many more cool, endangerd and rather obscure animals, but i think these 3 defenetly would be a nice addition to 4 more "standard" endadngerd animals.

3. The Eastern Quoll
One of the few endangerd marsupials that have actually become more common in the last years in EAZA zoos, they are being hold in 6 of them, with 4 of them obtaining them this year.
Since 1963 these small carnivores have been considerd extinct on the australian mainland, only surviving on the island of tasmania.
Being introduced into mainland australia right now, they could possibly be among the biggest australian conservation successes in history if those projects proof successfull.
Sadly the last ones in new south wales proofed unsuccessfull, but a breeding programm in barrington wildlife sanctuarry started this year in november allready proofed successfull, so lets hope that these cute little buggers will finally find success.
For ingame, their different colors and status as a small carnivorus maruspial would make them very unique and add something completly new for australia, with their arboreal mobility making them very distinct from the more popular tasmanian devil.

1670366505391.png
I'm a simple man - I see a quoll, I like.

Quoll would be a cool and unexpected addition. I hope for Islands or Tropical Rainforests in spring. But I would like to see a Tropical Rainforest animal pack so perhaps better Islands Scenery (Whatever Scenery we will get) for Spring and then in Summer the Tropical Rainforest.

I am starting to think a petting zoo scenery pack is likely. With farm stuff, tractors, ... And hopefully a flexicolor thatched roof... Not sure on what animals they would include but probably the pygmy goat, perhaps a donkey, rabbits... I am placing my bet on this pack.

I am starting to think a petting zoo scenery pack is likely. With farm stuff, tractors, ... And hopefully a flexicolor thatched roof... Not sure on what animals they would include but probably the pygmy goat, perhaps a donkey, rabbits... I am placing my bet on this pack.
I really do not expect a Petting Zoo pack within the whole lifespan of Planet Zoo. Perhaps because I personally are not really keen on that idea but I think we will more or less go further with wild animals on the road.

I’m all for an endangered animal pack. Outside of the conservation pack, we’ve gotten a lot of “least concern” animals lately.,

I really do not expect a Petting Zoo pack within the whole lifespan of Planet Zoo. Perhaps because I personally are not really keen on that idea but I think we will more or less go further with wild animals on the road.
I can see Frontier do it. After all most zoos have some domestic farm animals. And I can imagine that there is a demand for such a pack. It would be something completely different that may please a lot of players.

Using twilight as an example , a petting zoo would be a very mixed response leaning on negative. A bunch of lackluster animals like goat and cows would make the twilight roster seem a wonderfully diverse pack. There was heavy disagreement that skunk and racoon should of even been considered especially when public voices make a full on nocturnal pack heavily anticipated. Now what about some random cows, chicken, and goat?

The Tasmanian devil, fossa, primates and even sloth are still at the forefront of wishlists with little to no love for domesticated animals even for a spring themed pack. We can't say exactly if frontier is considering a petting zoo or not but given the current trend of animals I highly doubt it

I can see Frontier do it. After all most zoos have some domestic farm animals. And I can imagine that there is a demand for such a pack. It would be something completely different that may please a lot of players.
As I said personal opinion and thinking from me. I find Petting Zoo animals as a DLC just not attractive for the game and I fear that there are also more people like me which think like that. Perhaps it comes and I would be happy for you and the people who like it and I also would buy it at the end. But I hardly doubt it and I really would not call it likely.
Using twilight as an example , a petting zoo would be a very mixed response leaning on negative. A bunch of lackluster animals like goat and cows would make the twilight roster seem a wonderfully diverse pack. There was heavy disagreement that skunk and racoon should of even been considered especially when public voices make a full on nocturnal pack heavily anticipated. Now what about some random cows, chicken, and goat?

The Tasmanian devil, fossa, primates and even sloth are still at the forefront of wishlists with little to no love for domesticated animals even for a spring themed pack. We can't say exactly if frontier is considering a petting zoo or not but given the current trend of animals I highly doubt it
I still think that the Twilight pack had not this bad reception as it somehow seems within the Forum. Raccoon and Wombats are overall known and popular animals. Red Fox (and Wombats) ranked within the Top 20 within the Forum and the Skunk was a welcome surprise in my opinion. Than we got the bat with a new type of exhibit. It is not meant offensive but I think the Forum surely is not the overall representation of all players as here are a Lot of hardcore animal or better Zoo lovers (I would put me to this category).

Last edited:

I feel like later down the line, with a lot of the more requested animals crossed of the list, a petting zoo pack would be actually really cool. My problem with the twilights backyard animals, and i assume im not alone on this, was not really that they are bad animals for a zoo game necessarily but that they werent really to high on most peoples priority lists. I think if this pack would have come out in say Fall 2023 with 4 more packs before peoples opinion would be a lot different, a petting zoo pack would be in a similar situation i think. Just my thoughts

Top Bottom