That is most likely from the old worlds region.
I think you may need to go further back. Lave was the first of the Old Worlds region to be settled and that isn't until 2412. Vega wouldn't be nearly as prominent in that region anyway. Old Worlds are practically in heaven layer of Yggradrasil. There is a non-trivil vertical offset from the galactic disk relative to Sol.

That said, Vega, Altair, and Sirius and a few others of the really bright stars, are functionally at the ecliptic for Sol. The is the plane at which stars appear to spin about the sky throughout the year.

Yup how true.

The compass points for North / South I initially thought were just applicable to ‘up and down’ it’s just so odd that these do correlate with the positions of ‘higher gods and lower gods’ aspects building an upper area and a lower area

But you’re correct, in my only recent reading I now acknowledge that all the compass points ought to align on a 2D plain, from the view point of ‘god’ looking down.

This is why it’s integral to sense check this data. Is it correct; how can we make sure it’s accurate; did the devs do this intentionally; is this broken?

Remember that FD turned off the original PF/DW missions…

Remember there are lots of errors in star positions and various bugs in game.. what is intentional by design, what is simply wrong by accident?!

It’s still very peculiar…why; or am I simply looking for affirmation in game where there isn’t any?

Irrespective the one thing I dislike about this puzzle is the glaring hole in the process; but that is our primary problem, we are dealing with an allegorical puzzle with basically no fixed reference points, in a haystack made of needles, where the ‘obvious’ reference points (DW) turns out to be either broken or simply a lie.
A wise man once said, one measures a circle starting anywhere. I don't think this has a logical start point, regardless of where you (I'm not currently playing Elite) start, you're bound to meet the DW at the correct point.

I still think Vega is the best starting point. In addition to the points in the post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/page-1591#post-10245730,
Vega also sits directly on top of the Andomeda galaxy, when viewed from Lave. The Jewel in TDW's toast is probably from TDW viewpoint of the galaxy. That is most likely from the old worlds region.

I also found this:
"

Persian: Guardian Star​

In the Zoroastrian religon, Vega was one of the four stars who protected the earth. Vanant (Conqueror) ruled the western quarter, and he guarded the gates the sun passed through each day. The others were Tishtrya/Sirius (East), Satavaesa/Antares (South), and Hapto-iriñga/Ursa Major (North)."
Source: https://earthandstarryheaven.com/2016/07/02/vega/

The Zoroastrian religon is an old Iranian religion, often considered the first Monotheis religion in the midle east. The prophet Zoroaster is the same person as Nietzsche's Zarathustra and the inspiration for this music by Straus.
This got me thinking on a train of thought. In Chinese mythology Vega is a goddess of the skies / heavens who fell in love with a human, Altair.

Minor tangent: The line in the toast about "siren of the deepest void" can be interpreted as being a Whale (siren) within a sea / ocean (deepest void).

In mythology Cetus was generally any kind of sea monster, typically a whale.
Perseus had slain a sea monster, turning it to stone with Medusa's head, to save the princess Andromeda from Poseidon. An alternate version had him slay it with a 'harpē' or type of sword / sickle.
MB's Legacy novel's description of Julia's childhood book was of "a young man’s quest to save a princess from an alien dragon".

Sea monster / sea serpent / sea dragon, the terms are very interchangeable in mythological context.
Another mythological 'sea monster' is the whirlpools associated with Charybdis and Scylla - where characters such as Odysseus and Jason were stuck with the choice of literally a rock and a hard place to navigate a narrow treacherous strait. Like you pointed out in your linked post, a relationship with Lyra, Orpheus and quelling the sirens to allow safe passage. The 'Summer Triangle' of Vega, Altair and Deneb is an asterism used for navigation, and each star are the brightest of their corresponding constellations - Aquila (eagle), Cydnus (swan) and Lyra (lyre / harp).

Perhaps there is a dangerous challenge for us to embark on, navigating through a 'narrow strait' ... in other words a P A S S, seeking the jewel on the brow of the mother of galaxies.

Related note: The Cetus constellation sits within the "sea" of water constellations - Eridanus, Pisces, Piscis Austrinus and Aquarius.
Also, the Cete (ie. whale) megaship is deep within the Guardian bubble.

I think you may need to go further back. Lave was the first of the Old Worlds region to be settled and that isn't until 2412. Vega wouldn't be nearly as prominent in that region anyway. Old Worlds are practically in heaven layer of Yggradrasil. There is a non-trivil vertical offset from the galactic disk relative to Sol.

That said, Vega, Altair, and Sirius and a few others of the really bright stars, are functionally at the ecliptic for Sol. The is the plane at which stars appear to spin about the sky throughout the year.

I think 2412 is plenty old enough for the toast. I doubt it dates back nearly that far.

- A CMDR's Perspective On This Mystery, Among Others in Elite Dangerous -
-> The work being done in this forum is deeply appreciated. My criticism falls on Humanity as a whole, not on anyone in particular here. <-
I dream of conflict. I dream of war and bloodshed, but not by my own hand. I seek absolute peace in contrast to these visions.
The death of Humanity is imminent. I see it everyday. Flashing images across the fading gaze of my Heart and Soul.

I see the very visions which drove the Far God Cult to madness. I am not alone in this, nor special. None of us are. We must understand that we are not special. Ego Death.
These visions are not of myth, but of sound physicality. Jasmina Halsey has seen them, too. She has seen what is to come, but not how it was created. These visions have driven me to abandon my post in search of something more.

Revitalization at the expense of Humanity. We are the puppets, the pawns to build a new Empire. Not of Imperial, Federal or Alliance faith.

But that of a new design, or old, depending on your origin date. Expendable Cuts for the Meat Grinder.
Urgency lies before the path of our Children. Will they act, or turn a blind eye as we have done before?

Ten Years. What have we learned?
What have we done? These are the hard questions.
How can this stagnation be resolved?
Is there an updated player-led, easily accessible catalog of "Unresolved Mysteries" in Elite Dangerous?
Should there be one?

The punishment of Man spun by causality, yet a punishment long destined. Our species has failed the Test, but those who walk in silence have not. The method in which we lead our lives determines our position in Heaven. We walk in silence out of fear. The Elite walk amongst us. We sit among a tattered Pyramid, our position determined by worthiness to the cause. We unknowingly work for the hidden forces which many of us wish to extinguish. Your Days Are Numbered.

Those most faithful will be individually plucked from the catacombs of Man upon the awakening of the Far God.
We have not seen her, yet. To predict her intentions would be to put words in the mouth of God.

Laus videnti Visionis Gan Romero

Last edited:
Hey Rochester

Looking at your work I can see you have devoted a lot of time and energy into breaking down the visualisation of the galaxy into the Miltonian model universe.

I have to admit, and this is more of a reflection on me, I’m struggling with the visualisation of it at the moment. I think it needs a few of the points/stars labelled so someone like me can understand it a little better (Sol, Achenar etc) but I can clearly see you’ve spent a lot of time on this.

You should do a YouTube video on it!

My theory was very simple in comparison 😂

Tree:
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2024.04.03 - 13.01.06.44.jpeg

Tree:
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2024.04.03 - 13.02.46.46.jpeg

Tree:
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2024.04.03 - 13.04.38.92.jpeg

Tree:
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2024.04.03 - 13.04.02.50.jpeg

Tree:
Elite Dangerous Screenshot 2024.04.03 - 13.05.56.91.jpeg

And so on 🤣

That might be partly true… but as outlined on page one, they were somehow bugged. Brookes himself said they spawned in the wrong locations.

Hey Rochester

Looking at your work I can see you have devoted a lot of time and energy into breaking down the visualisation of the galaxy into the Miltonian model universe.

I have to admit, and this is more of a reflection on me, I’m struggling with the visualisation of it at the moment. I think it needs a few of the points/stars labelled so someone like me can understand it a little better (Sol, Achenar etc) but I can clearly see you’ve spent a lot of time on this.

You should do a YouTube video on it!

My theory was very simple in comparison 😂

Tree:
View attachment 388910

Tree:
View attachment 388911

Tree:
View attachment 388912

Tree:
View attachment 388913

Tree:
View attachment 388914

And so on 🤣
Back at ya O7

It exits here in the thread, in segments and from time to time I’ve attempted to put it together as a finished textural product - but then I find more… it keeps growing or some part need removal because its false.

The effort to build any presentation would likely be wasted, because it is changing, and I always hold its all likely total nonsense the whole process is itself a form of catharsis role play.

Logically a great deal is also built on data built off assumptions of potential concepts of persons no longer with us, I would not be so presumptuous nor disrespectful to promote my ramblings as factual, the reality is far likely more interesting.

My base assumption if true is that the objective likely ought to showcases this construct, because otherwise why go to so much trouble - unless it’s all just imagined and totally nonsense.

I’m not attempting to prove my theory is right, over others; in part it helps me play the game and gives a reason to explore, my tongue is firmly always planted in my cheek.

Last edited:
I still think Vega is the best starting point. In addition to the points in the post: https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/the-quest-to-find-raxxla.168253/page-1591#post-10245730,
Vega also sits directly on top of the Andomeda galaxy, when viewed from Lave. The Jewel in TDW's toast is probably from TDW viewpoint of the galaxy. That is most likely from the old worlds region.

I also found this:
"

Persian: Guardian Star​

In the Zoroastrian religon, Vega was one of the four stars who protected the earth. Vanant (Conqueror) ruled the western quarter, and he guarded the gates the sun passed through each day. The others were Tishtrya/Sirius (East), Satavaesa/Antares (South), and Hapto-iriñga/Ursa Major (North)."
Source: https://earthandstarryheaven.com/2016/07/02/vega/

The Zoroastrian religon is an old Iranian religion, often considered the first Monotheis religion in the midle east. The prophet Zoroaster is the same person as Nietzsche's Zarathustra and the inspiration for this music by Straus.
So, one thing intrigued me and I was caught in a rabbit hole for a while.
As it turns out, there's some pop culture misinformation regarding the Zoroastrian guardians and their stars which dates back to late 18th century - and we have evidence that Brookes himself fell for it.

Tishtrya can also be spelled Tascheter, which is the name for one of the sectors in the Bubble; one might presume, therefore, that it's centered on Sirius... right?
Well, no. The developers of the EDTS software found approximate origin points for all handcrafted sectors long ago thanks to some arcane magic geometry, and Tascheter's is listed as (1.46094, -22.39844, -62.74023). There is a system pretty much dead-on at (1.4375, -22.40625, -62.75); however, it's Aldebaran.

Why's that? Well, many places list the latter system as "one of the royal stars of Persia", together with Regulus (as Venant), Antares (as Satevis) and Fomalhaut (as Haftorang). This is because when the Avesta was first translated into French, back in 1771, the correspondence between the ancient Persian constellations and ours was not known yet - so a contemporary astronomer came up with a far-fetched theory based on the systems which matched the equinoxes and solstices of Zoroaster's time.

See: this 1945 article which is the earliest debunking of the whole concept.

Last edited:
Competitor builds alternate frame-shift drive… this could be enlightening if it goes a certain direction.

The approach of Achilles
Sirius rises late in the dark, liquid sky
On summer nights, star of stars,
Orion's Dog they call it, brightest
Of all, but an evil portent, bringing heat
And fevers to suffering humanity
’ Homer

Thread 'GALNET - Prototype Frame Shift Drive almost production ready, competitor sceptical - 04 APR 3310'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...eady-competitor-sceptical-04-apr-3310.624327/

Last edited:
Competitor builds alternate frame-shift drive… this could be enlightening if it goes a certain direction.

The approach of Achilles
Sirius rises late in the dark, liquid sky
On summer nights, star of stars,
Orion's Dog they call it, brightest
Of all, but an evil portent, bringing heat
And fevers to suffering humanity
’ Homer

Thread 'GALNET - Prototype Frame Shift Drive almost production ready, competitor sceptical - 04 APR 3310'
https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threa...eady-competitor-sceptical-04-apr-3310.624327/
They also posted today abit more information on this today....

Still unsure how this drive will work/be used, but interesting to say the least...

Yes. I use Audacity and a virtual cable. Output game sound to virtual cable, input virtual cable to audacity, then output sound from audacity to my headphones (or speakers or whatever). I have Audacity running on my second monitor with the sound running through it so I can see the spectrogram forming as I do stuff. You can also use a window overlay software to essentially make a little window appear over your game screen if you only have 1 monitor connected, the one I used is called "OnTopReplica".

I've not tried Merlin's way but that seems great too, I think there's a lot of ways to work these things and I'm not expert, I did my setup for other reasons too :)

Well, the addition was still made by Fdev (presumably Brookes since Drew talked about how Brookes worked on the system names and stuff). So it might be that it was convenient for him as part of a wider plan? Also, I'm not sure if the story itself is relevant, but the plot is interesting in many ways four us as Raxxla hunters (I'll spoiler it in case anyone wants to read the book for themselves).

It features 13 non-human sentients that are made of "thought". They infect humans and sort of remote-control them by compulsion to fit into their species mating cycle. There are 12 Hunters and 1 Runner, their species propagates by one Hunter Killing the Runner, then the Hunter becomes the new Runner and 12 more Hunters are born from the merger and drift through space until they find a suitable mind to latch onto, turning them into Hunters.

The 'hero Hunter' in the story explains that this has been happening for millennia, and the ancient story of Rex Nemorensis is based on them - On EARTH! - and when humans expanded into space the aliens went along and have been finding it increasingly hard to do the cycle because Runners can now Run so far away. The alien 'minds' grant the humans certain gifts, one of them is immortality while the Hunt continues. This particular grop has been Running/Hunting for about 20 years and the characters haven't aged since then.

It's interesting to me that Brookes/Fdev approved this plotline for many reasons. It's n example of non-human sentient life, though it's unclear if it's truly alien or simply another form of life that evolved on Earth...

It has me me wonder what else lurks in the less well known novels. I'm going to try to read more of them :)

Well, there's the mountain range in the Landscape (assuming that is representing Raxxla), and the Rift allegedly leads to other Universes so I'd say that's pretty spot on :)

True, but I think it ties in with the Codex very, very neatly. I'll do a post shortly on how I think it all fits together. The Landscape Signal is essentially an in-game representation of the Siren Song that causes Fernweh in some people.

That's a very good idea. I don't have Ancient Keys (they're too recent IMO), but I have all the Guardian junk and Relics, and two Thargoid Sensors with me, I'll see if I can find any nearby Anomalies and see if that does anyhting!

I always assume someone has in the past, but it's always worth trying stuff like that.

Hehe, yeah! I suspect the "where" is found through other clues, or by filling in more of the sound. I totally agree that it seems like we're being given a 'weak' or incomplete version and I've tried everything I can think of to get a stronger signal to no avail. That makes me feel like it's deliberately incomplete -a puzzle!

I think about the earlier puzzles. You have a Listening Post that spits out coded audio at specific times. Decode that Audio to find more Listening posts and assemble the complete message from several of them (3 usually). Combined they give you a location to search for something. Then you have to go there and manually eyeball the surface of a planet to find the specific location.

The fact that the signal appears to represent a planet surface does make me wonder if Raxxla was implemented fully in Horizons, and maybe Braben and Brookes didn't want it solved before then - maybe that's why the Dark Wheel missions were pulled, so as to slow down the hints?
Have you, or has anyone, tried putting the various cleaned up versions of the Landscape signal, thru any 3D Sectrograph/visualizer software, like WhiteCap from SoundSpectrum?

Just to see if it makes an actual 3D landscape image of anything?

Just curious....

They also posted today abit more information on this today....

Still unsure how this drive will work/be used, but interesting to say the least...
Yeah I can’t see the advantage if it’s just a buff to something relatively small, eg makes your boot time faster / lower or just makes you go a little faster; I’m not into engineering nor shooting goids… so if it’s the later it will potentially be rather dull… but considering the Spiralling Stars Stargoids initial unique trait of being able to Supercruise really really fast, the potential cool benefits are for exploration. Could it enable us to go incredibly fast and supercruise between stars?

The only thing that stops us doing this currently is instancing, technically we can traverse these distances but there is nothing there at the destination, as warping is, like the transitional period for atmospheric insertion; a loading period. The only reason FD can’t apply this hypothetically is technical.

There was some talk that certain Cmdrs were tipped off about the Stargoids, and supposedly witnessed them performing interstellar navigation at these hypothetical high speeds before they were visually apparent? Not sure how accurate / reliable these were…

Overcharging could essentially work like supercruise in a system, but at a galactic scale.

This was technically what FD wanted us to do pre-launch, the first trailer shows this and it was discussed at the time, whereby Cmdrs ought to have seen stars move relatively, but like other aspects not fleshed out due to development priorities. Or so is my recollection.

Remember ships previously had a set speed limit which was due to server limitations, once FD fixed that they introduced a narrative explanation and gave us Engineers.

Lore wise this ‘might’ open a Pandora’s box in regards to the obvious monopoly that currently exists in game on exploration and therefore information not just freedom of movement.

Remember there exists various systems in game we can’t access due to a catalogue error, potentially these could be utilised, or likewise permit locked regions, which are only restricted because we have hardware hard-coded by the manufacturer to restrict our movements lore wise due to ‘safety’.

Of course a permit locked designates a narrative footnote, but we may presume certain elements of early narrative were dropped, how many of the sectors are irrelevant?

Is this the macguffin or deus ex machina which ultimately helps us find Raxxla?

Or another logical possibility is Stargoid hunting…

These stargoids are finite at present, the fireworks and evidently the investment behind them expires as soon as they are all destroyed. So logically more ought to be on their way; introducing a special new ‘spear-head’ vessel which probably could intercept and pull them out of super-super-cruise!?

I smell a narrative gate opening, or is this just another bug-hunt?

Lowest common denominator would be that it just makes you go really-really fast..

Last edited:
I'm always hoping anything they add will help with finding Raxxla...

But specifically this is a "supercruise" thing, so would be in-system effect only probably, so it likely won't help with exploration on a galactic scale, so if Raxxla is/is in an unexplored location, it's probably not helpful.

However, if Raxxla is indeed in an explored system, even a well explored one, but just far out like the voyager probes, and thus never discovered because ppl tend to not fly 2.4M ls out in random directions for no reason because it takes forever for no pay off... then this very well could be helpful if it allows faster acceleration and/or higher top speed in Supercruise, then getting places, in-system, and trying random long distance in-system searches ect, will become much easier.
Not too mention the benefits of potentially escaping Interdictions and cutting station arrival times ect...

fingers crossed it's somthing actually useful.

But what I really wanted/hoped for when they asked for those Thargoid drive parts, was a better FSD system... ability to make longer jumps without Neutron Boosts... that would seriously help with galactic exploration, but who knows if we will ever get anything like that... being able to plot more than 65ly avg jumps, would be nice while traversing the galaxy...

Top Bottom