UAs, Barnacles & More Thread 5 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
This may have been brought up before, so apologies if so.
Isn't Taygeta and other systems of the Pleiades miles outside the actual nebula? Aren't the actual number of systems actually inside rhe cloud much smaller? The seven sisters maybe associated with the Pleiades, but as far as I can see, only Maia is actually in it.
Again, sorry if this has been dealt with but this thread moves so fast!
Could this not narrow it down a bit?

Mainly because we don't know which comments are breadcrumbs and which are red herrings. The problem is, we're hungry for clue so we're eating them all.
I'm just concerned that this kind of endeavour by fdev costs goodwill.
Line between this being a legitimate puzzle and sadistic how

This feels worse than money island puzzles

I have to admit, at this point if I could dial a 1-900 number (cost $$ to call) and get a hint about barnacle locations I would. I can't remember if Monkey Island had something like that, but I remember old games that did.

Michael Brookes

Game Director
I have, unfortunately, had my game crash in this way many, many times (generally while flying out in empty space). I've read that it may be related to having a factory overclocked GTX 980... you wouldn't happen to have one of those would you?

One of the POIs appears to be a bit crashy, but it's not the barnacle - not that we've seen from the crash reports so far at any rate.

Michael

NecoMachina

N
Following this reddit thread, I went to Merope 2A for a stroll. After ~10 minutes of canyon swooping, I found this particular spot emitting (receiving? who knows...) more strange noise.

https://vid.me/hgep

coords are about 33.335°, 161.685°
Very interesting. I heard strange things on Merope 1B, not exactly the same though. I'm not convinced mine weren't some sort of "exploration music", even though I have all music turned off in options.

Following this reddit thread, I went to Merope 2A for a stroll. After ~10 minutes of canyon swooping, I found this particular spot emitting (receiving? who knows...) more strange noise.

https://vid.me/hgep

coords are about 33.335°, 161.685°

Wow, that's peculiar! I haven't heard anything quite like that before.

To be fair, heard it a few times, but only while in a ship. And that even before I visited Pleiades in ED 2.0.
I've always experienced it as 'ship environmental' sounds, but then that could be a horrible mistake.
Similar to some other sounds (ship only) earlier in this thread.

Tell us what you find.

Just an idea. Was going to do it but no time. Has any one taken a UA to Maia and positioned it behind the BH away from Merope. Surely the BH will block its signal and maybe point some where else. ??

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom