Plea for Miners to move to Jaques Station start a new society

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
As some of you have noticed, Jaques Station has been found by CMDR Cly who has made a thread over here you should really check out.
Station Location: EOL PROU RS-T D3-94

Proposal: Distant Station: Into The Abyss
We can provide the necessary materials Jaques Station needs to repair itself and restart facilities.
Explorers will relocate to jaques station and find barnacles, long distance haulers will harvest barnacles from exisiting locations and sell them in order to
Rebuild Jaques station!

It won't be easy. You'll be away from your loved ones for an extended period of time. You ships won't find any state of the art repair facilities here.

"It sure as hell sounds impossible but it's necessary..."

What do we need:
Bounty Hunters
- Jaques Station has Universal Cartographics, Outfitting and Shipyards because of your efforts! You can also redeem bounties which mean you need a bounty hunter build https://coriolis.io/outfit/viper/2p...2826.AwRj4yyA.Aw0iMngTMskA?bn=Colonia Fighter

We need communication channel.
EDEX and Fleetcomm have offered us a space in their text channels in their discords for this
EDEX: https://discord.gg/Jpy2h3H
Fleetcomm: https://discord.gg/QYx927a
Jaunt to Jaques is an expedition that is leaving on the 17th of Auguest to help out with the expedition (this is convoy 2, convoy 1 already left)
Viper Build https://coriolis.io/outfit/viper/2p...2826.AwRj4yyA.Aw0iMngTMskA?bn=Colonia Fighter

We need an assortment of Miners and Security Personnel
All modules you need for mining can be found at jaques station. You should not sell your Advanced Discovery Scanner. It has now become apparent that we also need security. One of the strategies that could work is for security personnel to jump into Proud Rest(It's what i'm calling the system that Jaques is in but it hasn't yet been decided) and distract the Reavers(folks who just want to kill miners and traders) while they're distracted, the traders will come in and head straight to the station.
Organise folks!

We need leaders, administrators and coordinators.
We need folks to help coordinate on the Xbox side of things. We needs people skilled in logistics and operations to handle trade convoys and mining sorties with protection detail. this needs to come from us the community who sign up our life to this.

We need others to know about this.

Share everything we have and everything we know. let people know they can join up.
if you'd like to post or upvote things here's our reddit post
[/SPOILER]

Community Goal
Mining Locations: https://1drv.ms/xs/s!Aqy87iAGVEQ68qcm3gqChSUbeZBOpg

Builds:
You can view the builds of some of those coming to Jaques Station here.
Reminder to all explorers: Please get EDSM and either EDDiscovery or Captain's Log. It's nice to have locational data in the area.

Last edited:
As some of you have noticed, Jaques Station has been found by CMDR Cly who will be making a formal post shortly.

What's clear is that it is damaged and has no infrastructure so to speak.

Trading materials and good to the station at such long distances is not entirely feasible.

but MINING!

We can provide the necessary materials Jaques Station needs to repair itself and restart facilities.

This is my proposal:

The Jaques Station Cooperative

Miners will relocate to Jacques Station and sell metals to it during their extended stay

Long distance traders will bring in much needed supplies that can't be manufactured on-site.

Rebuild Jaques station!

That is all.

or wait for the CG.....

Last edited:
If the game doesn't cheat - spawn pirates there - it will be the safest mining trip ever.

According to Cly's imgur album ships are spawning there, at least NPC traffic around the station is, not sure about system traffic. There is even a nav beacon there though, which seems odd to me at 20K lys out from Sol....

http://imgur.com/a/5yGaL

The system does have a few rings in it though.... :D

Last edited:
For all the saints of the galaxy, here is the demand list of Jaques Station in 'Jaques Exile' he might wish you to bring... don't bet on the legal drugs. Surely half the galaxy flies there with beer like you. (Taken from Clye's video) The list is slowly climbing with over 150 Silver by now. So the station "came to life" with Clye's visit. These are things you can sell, nothing else. It's export is next to none... some fertilizer and fuel:

8 Water
23 Cloth
4 Consumer Tech
11 Domestic Appliances
6 Animal Meat
5 Coffee
14 Fish
1 Food Cartridge
13 Fruit/Vegetables
18 Grain
1 Synthetic Meat
6 Tea
40 Beer
9 Liquor
19 Tobacco
12 Wine
6 Power Generators
9 Water Purifiers
8 Basic Medicine
8 Advanced Medicine
1 Progenitor Cells
9 Gold
41 Palladium
33 Platinum
89 Silver
45 Jadeite
6 Diamonds
67 Moissanite
2 Painite
33 Taaffeite
4 Non-Lethal Weapons
4 Personal Weapons
4 Reactive Armor

Last edited:
So is this a role playing dealio or will selling stuff at Jaques actually help him rebuild and expand services? Because outside of CGs, my sources tell me that stations can only be improved temporarily via the BGS and that even "Investment" doesn't result in anything except expanding to new systems. And clearly Jaques can't do that, being so far out. Can he? (serious question actually, kind of outside the bounds of known knowledge afaik).

Players have put effort into this story (and others) already by setting up events and trying to play a part in how things unfold, and they haven't been able to effect how they pan out. Its a brilliant idea Olivia, and could be a great story... but until FD specifically tell us what to do, where and when, I feel it'll be a waste of time. That's the nature of things at the moment - emergent gameplay seems to be way down the pecking order under layers of pre-defined and scripted "content". Fingers crossed they have a change of heart this July and see your proposal :)

stations can only be improved temporarily via the BGS and that even "Investment" doesn't result in anything except expanding to new systems. And clearly Jaques can't do that, being so far out. Can he? (serious question actually, kind of outside the bounds of known knowledge afaik).

- station services can only be improved temporarily

- maximum expansion distance after investment is unknown, but cooper research and anthill mob around maia have already shown, that it beats the known limitations, and that you don't need to sell exploration data to happen... we will know more soon (e.g. after anthills current investment phase).

- i could imagine, jaques is hardcoded not to expand, because it is a 1 faction system, but i assumed the same about cooper research, and they have expanded.

I'll await feedback from FD before I rush head over heels to Jack. But I do like the central place the station ended up. BP would have been more symbolic but the current location is actually much more useful to explorers.

Until then, back to TW: Warhammer.

I'll await feedback from FD before I rush head over heels to Jack. But I do like the central place the station ended up. BP would have been more symbolic but the current location is actually much more useful to explorers.

They could have made it such that Jaques got to BP, and then with whatever lore/CG/mechanic/help from DWE , it would have gotten ready to jump back to the bubble.......then got lost, which would have made it for an even more fascinating treasure hunt, and FD would have kept their promise to us.
Good god I sound so bitter, because I am :D

There is even a nav beacon there though, which seems odd to me at 20K lys out from Sol....
Have you seen how many crashed nav beacons are out there? To support the numbers that have crashed, there must once have been at least 1,000 in every system between here and Beagle Point.

Iv about 3-4 days travel yet to my base, to re-stock & repair.

Ironically, I was intending to go that way on my next trip into the black....so I'll see how things develop over the next few days, before heading out that way.

I may get involved......or I may just pass it by & wave!

Sorry, not taking a mining ship that far out before I can chain FSD boost injections on a route to make several > 50 ly jumps in a row. Local pirates would be my least concern.
5 k for Palin was already stretching it.

So is this a role playing dealio or will selling stuff at Jaques actually help him rebuild and expand services? Because outside of CGs, my sources tell me that stations can only be improved temporarily via the BGS and that even "Investment" doesn't result in anything except expanding to new systems. And clearly Jaques can't do that, being so far out. Can he? (serious question actually, kind of outside the bounds of known knowledge afaik).

It's a good question. One interesting thing to note, if you look at the system on the galmap it says that it is in a state of “expansion”. Typically in the BGS that means that a system is ready to expand into neighboring systems. I honestly wonder if selling goods at Jacques will eventually result in expansion. And if we can somehow get Cartography back online….

This might be the start of a new mini bubble deep in space, kind of like an Explorer’s Oasis of sorts.

Players have put effort into this story (and others) already by setting up events and trying to play a part in how things unfold, and they haven't been able to effect how they pan out. Its a brilliant idea Olivia, and could be a great story... but until FD specifically tell us what to do, where and when, I feel it'll be a waste of time. That's the nature of things at the moment - emergent gameplay seems to be way down the pecking order under layers of pre-defined and scripted "content". Fingers crossed they have a change of heart this July and see your proposal :)

I agree it does feel like it at times, but i've noticed if more people do something, they might just get what they were hoping for. Whether it be Obsidian orbital, Beagle point being renamed, decals... Frontier Devs do read the forums and perhaps one of the reasons it didn't make it was that there wasn't support for it.

For all the saints of the galaxy, here is the demand list of Jaques Station in 'Jaques Exile' he might wish you to bring... don't bet on the legal drugs. Surely half the galaxy flies there with beer like you. (Taken from Clye's video) The list is slowly climbing with over 150 Silver by now. So the station "came to life" with Clye's visit. These are things you can sell, nothing else. It's export is next to none... some fertilizer and fuel:

Thanks i've copied the list over

My hope is that if frontier sees support, they might unlock services as they see commodities filling up in the station. Note that
No one in frontier has said anything and this is not to be taken as official word from frontier dev!

Yeah I do like where it ended up too. The western side isn't explored that much. Maybe that's why it's there.

Distant Station: into the Abyss.
I like that title will add it to the thread!

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

It's a good question. One interesting thing to note, if you look at the system on the galmap it says that it is in a state of “expansion”. Typically in the BGS that means that a system is ready to expand into neighboring systems. I honestly wonder if selling goods at Jacques will eventually result in expansion. And if we can somehow get Cartography back online….

This might be the start of a new mini bubble deep in space, kind of like an Explorer’s Oasis of sorts.

In the missions screen it says it has no systems to expand to so it's focusing on station improvements.

given how damaged it is, this makes sense.

Won't it need Meta-Alloys to undo the damage done by people dumping UAs there before the jump?

Now that really ups the challenge :)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom