Plea for Miners to move to Jaques Station start a new society

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
The fervor over finding Jacques seems to leave out the fact we don't know he is staying there....after all his original plan was to reach BP. While I am sure he will hang about that nebula for a bit, I suspect this story is FAR from done being told. Might be prudent to wait to see what is on the next page before planting flags.

I'm in. Shipping 64 tonnes of humanitarian aid, equipment and other required items asap. Also bringing mining equipment and other stuff.

See you out there!

Are we able to restock drones at the station?

No we'll need a steady supply of limpets until we get the restock facilities up. bring your limpets first. then we'll see about getting traders out with cargo full of them.
I think Michael Brookes hinted that meta alloys is the way to go so exploring the nebula to find some would help tremendously.

Last edited:
Hints...hopes...roll playing...give us straight and honest information for god sakes! I wanna believe! I really do. But I am sooo sick of the disapointment we are left with. So sick of the promisses beeing made and not fullfilled and I just can't do it again. Not once!

Thank you Olivia and everyone who took part in this "lore" with DWE and Jaques for all your effort. But I can't take anymore slaps to the face. So keep your "story" Frontier because it just isn't worth it. Even years after release.

Last edited:
Given the station's state of disrepair and how its distance to the bubble makes repairs very complicated, I think it's unlikely he will make a jump anytime soon.

The fervor over finding Jacques seems to leave out the fact we don't know he is staying there....after all his original plan was to reach BP. While I am sure he will hang about that nebula for a bit, I suspect this story is FAR from done being told. Might be prudent to wait to see what is on the next page before planting flags.

You don't need Jacques to stay there if an expansion manages to set up a base.

You don't need Jacques to stay there if an expansion manages to set up a base.

Exactly. Jacques doesn’t need to stay forever if civilization takes hold and builds a fully functional outpost or a surface base. Maybe two years from now Jacques will make another big jump and consequently start a new “mini bubble” somewhere else in the galaxy. This could be a pretty cool method of setting up small civilized outposts scattered about the galaxy.

I’m gonna refit my Asp for crude mining operations and head out that way tonight. Even if this story goes nowhere and we are wasting our time I’m still gonna have fun with some deep space mining and hunting for barnacles!

Exploring, it’s what I play the game for.

Last edited:
This is the first time we've ever had a place to dock outside our own back yard (Pleiades, Quince, Canopus, ...). I, for one, intend to go out there and say hello. :)

Its really tempting to dive into this latest turn of events after recent disappointments. Putting in the monumental effort to get Jaques' faction to expand and see some planetary outposts pop up around his current location would be a fantastic tangent to this story - but can we trust FD to let it evolve and be truly player driven?

Its really tempting to dive into this latest turn of events after recent disappointments. Putting in the monumental effort to get Jaques' faction to expand and see some planetary outposts pop up around his current location would be a fantastic tangent to this story - but can we trust FD to let it evolve and be truly player driven?

Welp, seeing how this is a news blurb at Jacques Station right now, stating that the system is ready to expand:

VgiuVk8.jpg

There are two possibilities here:

1. FDev made a mistake setting the system up and it really isn't supposed to be in an expansion state
2. FDev set it up this way on purpose and plans to allow civilization to expand into this nebula

I'm hoping for #2, call me an optimist. :cool:

Dammit. I thought I'd get a quick couple of 1000LY towards him in my lunch break and I'm falling over Earth-like

I noticed loads of WW last night and only was quick enough (to cancel jump) for a few. I tempted to post the rest in the forum to wind up those people who can't stand an unscanned WW. ;)

No we'll need a steady supply of limpets until we get the restock facilities up. bring your limpets first. then we'll see about getting traders out with cargo full of them.
I think Michael Brookes hinted that meta alloys is the way to go so exploring the nebula to find some would help tremendously.

Well, I'm bored of the bubble and I have a handful of alloys on me, So I think I will head back to Shinrarta to pick up JumpyMcJumpface and then pay Jaques a visit.

No mining gear though, I will go barnacle hunting instead. :)

Welp, seeing how this is a news blurb at Jacques Station right now, stating that the system is ready to expand:

1. FDev made a mistake setting the system up and it really isn't supposed to be in an expansion state
2. FDev set it up this way on purpose and plans to allow civilization to expand into this nebula

If you go to the mission's tab, which was what was shown in CMDR Cly's screenshots, it says that there are not suitable systems to expand to and the minor faction will focus instead on station improvments. something to consider.

Also reminder to all folks going out to Jaques Station,
The Dangerous Games is going to start, if you'd like to support anyone perhaps you'd like to do that beforehand. (I for one support SEPP: the explorer's nation (plugging away))

but if not, heck it, i'll see you there for a bit.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Well, I'm bored of the bubble and I have a handful of alloys on me, So I think I will head back to Shinrarta to pick up JumpyMcJumpface and then pay Jaques a visit.

No mining gear though, I will go barnacle hunting instead. :)

I would suggest that people looking to help Jaques might want to ship in a load of meta-alloys, as these have been proven to help restore systems that had been damaged by UA materials.

This is good news.

Should we form up in one of the discords? Fleetcomm or EDEX?

You know we can't. They have a "plan" and stick to it. And they really don't care at all what we think. I think the past has proven that plenty. Sadly.
But there's a good opportunity here to let this pan out without FD invoking invisible barriers and keeping to their script. Players have been asking for distant colonies for ages.... here's a golden opportunity for one to spring up 'organically' purely by a player finding the missing starport, and the playerbase rallying together to make this into an epic event with a tangible reward at the end of it. What worries me is the effort this will take could be for nothing. A word of encouragement or discouragement from FD at this point will save them a tonne of flak if it turns out to be another wild goose chase at the end of it all.

- - - - - Additional Content Posted / Auto Merge - - - - -

Of course, #2 could be the script all along ;)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom