UAs, Barnacles and other mysteries Thread 8 - The Canonn

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Since my frustration level is way beyond lightspeed now :)

A couple of questions:

1. Are we SURE that free floating UP´s exist in space? (in other words: can they be found by playing 1.6?)
2. Is there any further information expected from "new" Unknown Probes?

Thanks

First off all, hello to everybody, new in the english section as based on German-Forum.
As I have some idea I´d like to try out, two short questions:
- all analysis done from same sound-sample? If not
- would Cdrs. which actually did record samples, send me those by PN? THX a lot in advance,

Cdr RandolfK

All the audio recordings are abailable to all on the Front Page.
Cheers

Last edited:
i have a question for Michael Brooke

Why Frontier changed the axis of Merope 5 C last week? (yeah i have notice it since it broke weeks of calculation, and that i have to restart everything from 0!)
did you notice that your puzzle was bugged?
Why there was 0 communication about it?
Do you plane to change it again?

i don't think that there is reason to change the axis of a planet except if this axis are involved in a mysterious calculation.

Last edited:
Since my frustration level is way beyond lightspeed now :)

A couple of questions:

1. Are we SURE that free floating UP´s exist in space? (in other words: can they be found by playing 1.6?)
2. Is there any further information expected from "new" Unknown Probes?

Thanks

Apparently MB confirmed free floaters to Cmdr Delmonte after hours in the bar at Lavecon, but I've only heard that rumour in this thread; has Delmonte confirmed this? (with MBs exact wording?) I half-remember seeing Sandro comment on a livestream that getting UPs from the convoys was doing it the hard way & he was really impressed, which implies there is another source but not necessarily that they are free-floating in the sense that the UA shell did, & he wouldn't respond to further questions to clarify that.

edit: I suspect that a UP's EMP Pulse will be needed to unlock the mystery on Merope5C, & that's why the newsletter said some believe it to be a key

Last edited:
[/B]Why Frontier changed the axis of Merope 5 C last week? (yeah i have notice it since it broke weeks of calculation, and that i have to restart everything from 0!)

that is a legitimate question that is not answered well:x

Why Frontier changed the axis of Merope 5 C last week? (yeah i have notice it since it broke weeks of calculation, and that i have to restart everything from 0!)

i don't think that there is reason to change the axis of a planet except if this axis are involved in a mysterious calculation.

Or it changed because it's unrelated? Genuine suggestion.

Are you sure the planetary axis was changed & not just the compass operation? The compass operation has been bugged (reversed) since 2.1 came out.

Morning Commanders.

So last night I dreamt I had solved this piece of the puzzle. I dreamt that the UP lead to a unique USS in the atmosphere of a planet that included a unique, gigantic alien ship. It was being salvaged/defended by a federal fleet, but down on the planet it orbited was a new kind of barnacle.

Then I woke up and now I'm mad at myself hahaha

Considering that we now have special "mission uss", it could be a good call

Because it was upside down?

No coordinates have changed have they? Only north and south pole have swithced, I think.

Apparently MB confirmed free floaters to Cmdr Delmonte after hours in the bar at Lavecon, but I've only heard that rumour in this thread; has Delmonte confirmed this? (with MBs exact wording?) I half-remember seeing Sandro comment on a livestream that getting UPs from the convoys was doing it the hard way & he was really impressed, which implies there is another source but not necessarily that they are free-floating in the sense that the UA shell did, & he wouldn't respond to further questions to clarify that.

edit: I suspect that a UP's EMP Pulse will be needed to unlock the mystery on Merope5C, & that's why the newsletter said some believe it to be a key

Key clue in news letter is from MB, was confirmed by Ed after stream finished

Last edited:
No coordinate have changed.
i'm talking about the axis of the planet. (As there are 3. But 2 of them suddenly highly changed)

i'm sure that Frontier perfectly understand what i'm talking about.

Last edited:
If anyone reads this I just want to add another experiment to the list. I am not at home as I work away... a lot so until Friday I can only speculate and study on my little laptop. Anyhooo, I was just wondering about the UP and the UA. Has anyone ever dropped one or both NEAR a high wake. Say withing 2km, the range of a Wake Scanner. The probes or UA might not be looking for ships at all but Wakes or similar phenomenon.
Mr Brooks did say we were close but not quite there on our experiments or assumptions. It is possible that the UA or UP might alter the wake in some form and then once scanned with a Wake scanner then our ship able to use the wake to home into something.... interesting.

Also I am working on alternate hypothesis on obtaining UP's. I find it interesting that UA's ( rather easy to obtain ) drop Unknown Fragments when destroyed. Well, biologically speaking perhapse these fragments can be re-assembled into a Probe. I'll look more into the diagram the probe sends out. Perhapse it's a blueprint rather than a map.

I cannot wait to get back behind the cockpit as I have a lot of sensible out of the box ideas to work with. Good luck out there Commanders.

If anyone reads this I just want to add another experiment to the list. I am not at home as I work away... a lot so until Friday I can only speculate and study on my little laptop. Anyhooo, I was just wondering about the UP and the UA. Has anyone ever dropped one or both NEAR a high wake. Say withing 2km, the range of a Wake Scanner. The probes or UA might not be looking for ships at all but Wakes or similar phenomenon.
Mr Brooks did say we were close but not quite there on our experiments or assumptions. It is possible that the UA or UP might alter the wake in some form and then once scanned with a Wake scanner then our ship able to use the wake to home into something.... interesting.

Also I am working on alternate hypothesis on obtaining UP's. I find it interesting that UA's ( rather easy to obtain ) drop Unknown Fragments when destroyed. Well, biologically speaking perhapse these fragments can be re-assembled into a Probe. I'll look more into the diagram the probe sends out. Perhapse it's a blueprint rather than a map.

I cannot wait to get back behind the cockpit as I have a lot of sensible out of the box ideas to work with. Good luck out there Commanders.

Nice idea about the wakes and the UP/UA. I think this should be worth a go [up]

what if (sorry if already discussed):

UnkProbe_zpsousm0zm6.png

The outer part circle could be a ring indicator and the two lines maybe are a shadow on them (the picture is not Merope or other noticeable system, is Gende, for example with ring and shadow)

Hm. So I'm not quite awake enough to work on this yet, so maybe someone here can do it. Someone on discord this morning posted a link to this video.

[video=youtube_share;3aVucm1dY2c]https://youtu.be/3aVucm1dY2c?t=949[/video]

At around 16:20 is something that sounds like morse. I've seen this CMDR post around here before. It was not him who posted it on discord. Not sure if its a troll or not?

The UAs and UPs are space based, other aspects can involve the surface.

Michael

How does this relate to MB stating that it is a space-based puzzle if indeed, one must land to verify the solution is correct, or at least, to find the significance of it?

I'm not sure that what Mr. Brooks said means that the puzzle is specifically space based, just that the UAs and UPs themselves(as i understand from his quote) are space based. He did say other aspects involve the surface. To me this means that there is part of the puzzle that does infact involve the surface. Or have I missed something said elsewhere?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom