News David Braben Live Chat Thread (5th June)

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
How does "stashing stuff" reconcile with Sandro's previous comments about not wanting us to be able to do that (specifically with regards to multiple ships, but same principle)?

I can see his point, I mean, Mal Reynolds never needed a storage container on a planet :D

The development life cycle of E: D seems very short considering the complexity of the game.

Do you think the number of Alpha/Beta testers and the deluge of feedback you must be getting will help or hinder the progress.

Mr. Braben,

Initially there was some talk about having an external view in-gmae simply for showcase purposes. Do you think this can be implimented without having to become a sort of gameplay advantage?

On a similar note, I noticed the game is missing some of the HUD elements often found in other simulation games, such as an off-screen target indicator (to tell you which closest to turn to) and some of the on screen speed guages have been removed. From what I understand, these are to to better accomodate the experience using VR devices like the Oculust Rift, but wouldn't that mean those who don't have VR headsets are at a disadvantage of those who do? (I also miss the hud elements that were pesent in the Cap ship trailer/Alpha 1.1. Always though when the game came out, we should be able to replicat the trailer scene per scene, just to compare)

And lastsly, while the finalized hyperspace effect sequence reflect the star systems you would be passing by?

Thanks once again for taking the time to answer these questions! I think the engine itself in an achievement, and wishing you guys the best of luck!

Last edited:
Do the 'walk around stations' and 'planetary landings' expansions have design documents or just ideas or even fleshed out ideas at this stage?

And are you worried about having the explorers having to rehash old ground on the launch of PL-expansion? ie. go back over already explored territory to explore the planets themselves.

David,

Thank you, you have taken the time to answer several question mine which is more than I could have hoped for, but i'm going to push my luck a little further and ask a couple relatively simple questions before I call it a day:

Do you intend to carve out some spare time to read each of the Elite Dangerous novels?

Do you get the time to listen to the awesome Lave Radio and Dockers podcasts?

Do you have any plans to extend the Elite Dangerous literary works by selling or releasing more Writer Packs?

Thank you in advance sir.

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
Thanks David for taking the time to answer the forum members questions. :D

Now, we have a game to write, and E3 to prepare for, so I'm afraid I have to stop.

If you're at E3, feel free to drop in to our meeting room - room 501B.

Hopefully we will see some of you there. I will do a live Q & A again - either here or as a Twitch stream.

Thank you all, and see you in Premium Beta again (I'm Commander Braben).

Thankyou David from all the community - much appreciated :cool:

Now, we have a game to write, and E3 to prepare for, so I'm afraid I have to stop.

If you're at E3, feel free to drop in to our meeting room - room 501B.

Hopefully we will see some of you there. I will do a live Q & A again - either here or as a Twitch stream.

Thank you all, and see you in Premium Beta again (I'm Commander Braben).

Thanks for all the fish and many thanks!

Eid

Games are gradually changing from this. We are starting to see some more thoughtful elements and true emotion in story-based games. Games like "The Last of Us" for example. Construction games like "Minecraft" are outside this too.

What about simcity and the likes? Games have always been more than that; publishers published games tend to err towards spectacle but there are a lot of games which are about challenging you or fulfilling some sort of fantasy, rather than awing you with a bombastic action flick.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom