The Silly Ships Expedition

Should the Fed Corvette be allowed on this expedition?

• Yes

Votes: 11 55.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Couple of screenshots :D

Gathering
eSLbPib.jpg

Ready to roll!
vuwgAqm.jpg

Most of us made it down the cliff
AeO27A0.jpg

SRV elevator
qBjJG3U.jpg

SRV sandwich
hSS24JM.jpg

The Silliest Sytem - OVERVIEW

so!

- you'll find the system map stickied in discord. if you don't have access to discord, please PM me

- i have calculated the bodies volumes in our elected system; after that i calculated the volumes of the ships used, and remapped the relations of ship volume to those of body volume.... the sidey has the smallest planet, our largest body has 152 times the volume of the smalles, while a t9 has 284 times the volume of a sidey

- i assigned the bodies according to ships you have signed up with .... some (like me) changed ships, but that was not taken in account

- if i have missed someone, please PM me - best on discord!

GO TO SYSTEM. HONK. SELECT "YOUR" BODY VIA SYSTEM MAP. TRIPLE CHECK YOU HAVE SELECTED THE RIGHT ONE. ONLY SCAN "YOUR" BODY. ENJOY HE GROWING NUMBER OF FIRST DISCOVERY TAGS IN SYSTEM - we will ask other explorers after our expedition has ended.

sIU9pyl.png

version 4
____

edit 1: CMDR Makya added, who somehow managed to slip through in a t9 :D
edit2: corrected Jantah's body to meet the facts (of a hauler loosing mass)
edit 3: added JohnF and his FDL!

Looks like you all had a great time! I'm sorry I was unable to join you. Too many timezones away and too many bills to pay. [sad]

[...]

- i have calculated the bodies volumes in our elected system; after that i calculated the volumes of the ships used, and remapped the relations of ship volume to those of body volume.... the sidey has the smallest planet, our largest body has 152 times the volume of the smalles, while a t9 has 284 times the volume of a sidey
[...]

Wow
You rock!!!

I'll scan my private moon this evening :)

Well, had a bit of a scare there...

Triple checked I selected the assigned body (BC4E), scanned it, and then the name "BC4D" pops up :eek:

@Goemon: No problems, but looks like you miscounted there ;)

Final Week is coming.

I suggest, that we do each event beside SLF race twice, so everybody got a good chance to join.

Orb Football
Wed, 1st of March - 7 PM
Sat, 4th of March - 6 PM

SRV Race
Mon, 27th of February - 7 PM
Sun, 5th of March - 6 PM

SLF Race
Friday, 3rd of March - 6 PM

We need a host for each event - please post if you can make the date and work as a wing anchor to bring all participants into an instance!

Also, we need more suggestions for locations.

As for the SRV-races, we can always use ships to race between.

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Are all these times GMT?

Sorry if I missed this somewhere. Are all these times GMT?

i thought - ingame time.

Well, had a bit of a scare there...

Triple checked I selected the assigned body (BC4E), scanned it, and then the name "BC4D" pops up :eek:

@Goemon: No problems, but looks like you miscounted there ;)

well, i neither assigned BC4E nor BC4D to you, but BC3E on place of BC3D :D ... can you re-check which is the actual body you scanned, so i can correct it in the map? if you have scanned BC3D, you have scanned a body 38% smaller than your haulers remapped volume relation to a t9 ... that's a very small hauler... can you confirm that your hauler lost volume on the silly ships expedition? maybe due to its speed ... relative ... lightspeed... you know?

i thought - ingame time.

well, i neither assigned BC4E nor BC4D to you, but BC3E on place of BC3D :D ... can you re-check which is the actual body you scanned, so i can correct it in the map? if you have scanned BC3D, you have scanned a body 38% smaller than your haulers remapped volume relation to a t9 ... that's a very small hauler... can you confirm that your hauler lost volume on the silly ships expedition? maybe due to its speed ... relative ... lightspeed... you know?

AH, yes, I scanned BC 3 D, that is moon #4.
The Hauler probably lost a lot of paint in the 350,000+ Ls to get there ;)

Well, at least I got a room with a view :p
iaHrPxB.jpg

Hey Goeman, I assume I get the asteroid fields as my FDL('s) are now in so many pieces?

[big grin]

Unfortunatly my name seems to be missing from the map.

Regards, John.

If anyone wants to see a really silly system sort-of on the way back to the bubble, HIP 38064 has many silly features. The innermost two planets, a binary pair, orbit inside the fuel scoop zone and are both ringed, yet orbit so close that their rings almost touch - one is also landable. There's a ringed M star with a close-in landable moon and a ringed L star, with a ringed brown dwarf moon that also has three landable moons. My screenshots don't do it justice, so if your interest is piqued I recommend you go there and see for yourself. The system stands out on the galaxy map as one of the bright 'stars' you can see from some way off - the primary is an O-type star.

Well after having a busy weekend and Monday with not enough time to play (followed by Beta shenanigans on Tuesday), I finally found time to login. Shame I missed the first SRV race, I'll definitely try to attend the next!

Goemon you're doing some amazing work organising the events and silliest system. Many thanks to you and to all those proposing event locations. It is much appreciated!

The pace of this expedition has been perfect for me, it's given plenty of time to actually explore and as there's no "get-to-the-next-meetup-point-5KLy-away", I don't get too left behind when real life insists on intruding. :D

I've made my mark on the Silliest System:
i4gYtiZ.jpg
I do feel a bit spoiled with my allotment, it's fantastic!

Can't wait to see the map once everyone turns in!

Goemon you're doing some amazing work organising the events and silliest system. Many thanks to you and to all those proposing event locations. It is much appreciated!

The pace of this expedition has been perfect for me, it's given plenty of time to actually explore and as there's no "get-to-the-next-meetup-point-5KLy-away", I don't get too left behind when real life insists on intruding.

I just wanted to agree with that sentiment. I won't be able to make any of the final meet-ups, so I think I'll slowly head back and see if I can be of any help finding ruins systems, but I've enjoyed getting out and seeing the sights. Thanks!

SLF Race Friday, 3rd of March - We need a host and a location

Are those of you with fighters interested about a SLF canyon-race and a shoot-out (maybe)?

as i don't have a slf - we need a location, we need a host.

please shout out whether you want attend, and post locations!

SLF Race
Friday, 3rd of March - 7 PM

FINAL EVENT - SAT 4th of MARCH, 7PM - ~10 PM

this will be our final event before everybody continues silly on his or her own!

7 PM orb football
Flyua Dryoae TU-V d3-35 A 1, Latitude:24°N 21'49", Longitude:105°E 50'0", 1.04 G

~8.30 PM ad hoc srv race (and maybe srv shootout?)

~ 9.30 PM final photoshooting in the rings around our base planet

whether you can spend the whole evening being silly, or just jump in for any activity, get together for a final!

Should be able to make it for the football match, at least for a bit! Unfortunately RL will butt in once again, so I won't make it for the photoshoot...

Still have to tag my planet on the Silliest system, and still have to post the photos and post/edit the videos I recorded on the SRV races...
Anyone have any recommendations regarding video editing software? Tried a couple of REALLY buggy ones, the results were absolute crap (video/sound cutting out, etc.).

Top Bottom