New nebula.

hello dear friends:

POI type: Nebula.

POI name: GLAISEAE AA-A H-29

more close systems
Glaiseae SO-G c27-5
Glaiseae PJ-L b55-12
Glaiseae PJ-L b55-14

I found a small nebula that does not appear in the map of the discovery or in the EDSM, so here I leave it reported. This located in the Orio-Persean Conflux, is no more than 10 light years and has beautiful blue and red colors .It does not have systems accessible within it so it is seen from the outside. Other commanders have come here for what I have seen, but on the maps does not appear, so here I leave you. thanks friends. (If I can choose the name, that is: La nebulosa de los corsarios/ the nebula of the corsairs)

The position on discovery map

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238427796186071051/314787095891804171/unknown.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/238427796186071051/314787193359171584/unknown.png

The position on game map

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...7104/EliteDangerous64_2017-05-18_16-50-49.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...0609/EliteDangerous64_2017-05-18_16-51-22.png

views

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...6129/EliteDangerous64_2017-05-18_16-57-16.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachme...2865/EliteDangerous64_2017-05-18_16-22-42.png

Need Fuel? https://www.fuelrats.com/i-need-fuel/

thanks you mates.

Last edited:
New POI

POI Name: NGC 1514
POI Type: Planetary Nebula
GalMap Ref: BD+30 623

Desc: "Before discovering NGC 1514 (also known as the Crystal Ball Nebula) in 1790, William Herschel believed that all nebulae were star clusters that were simply too distant to be resolved with 18th Century telescopes. Herschel was so captivated by NGC 1514's round shape and the bright blue object at its center that he posited the nebula was a single star 'surrounded with a faintly luminous atmosphere' -- opening the door to our current understanding of interstellar gas clouds.

Later astronomers theorized that NGC 1514 might, in fact, be a pair of stars locked in a short orbital period, but FSD-enabled stellar surveys have since validated Herschel's original single-star theory. The nebula contains no planetary bodies and there is a tourist beacon ('Little Blue') approximately 800 light seconds away from the main star."

NGC 1514.jpg

New POI:

POI Name: Struve's Lost Nebula
POI Type: Nebula
GalMap Ref: Hind Sector FS-J B9-1

Desc: "Struve's Lost Nebula (also known as NGC 1554 or LBN 817) is a 'lost' nebula. Originally reported by Otto Struve on Mar 14, 1868; and again by Heinrich d'Arrest on Mar 23, 1868. The nebula was described by Struve as 'a magnificent or otherwise interesting object, variable, small, round, with a northern nucleus equivalent to a 13th magnitude star'. However all subsequent attempts to find the object failed.

The nearest match to the object was made by astronomer Edward Keleer in 1890, who reported 'three very faint, irregular patches, connected by still fainter nebulosity, southwest and west of T Tauri', but was unable to match this to the object described by Struve and d'Arrest. This disappearance of this object has been the subject of speculation by astronomers: Some believe it was a misreport of the nearby Hind's Variable Nebula, and others suggest the movement of the dust cloud caused the reflection of nearby light to no longer align well with Earth.

As of 3303, we can confirm this object exists as a very small nebula 130 Ly from the Pleiades Nebula and at a near right-angle to the Taurus Dark Region 80 Ly away. The nebula has no star. The provided photo shows the object under high magnification from approx 6 Ly."

ndIYSP9l.png

Let me try: (any comments are welcome, like - don't put ship on this photos :) )

POI name: Grill at the end of the road
POI type: Surface POI/Minor POI/geysers ?
Galmap ref: Ceeckia ER-I b43-0 1A -4.8 -80.5

Desc: Just few jumps away from famous Beagle Point there is a place where you can safely land you ship and get some rest enjoying beautiful view of iron magma fumaroles with a gas giant floating in the background.

fkcECUH.png

POI name: Geysers in Ceeckia SD-R c21-0 (I dont think I can come up with unique interesting name for each one)
POI type: Minor POI
Galmap ref: Ceeckia SD-R c21-0 6A 19.13 -98.5

YAbxEnP.png

POI name: Fumaroles in Tegnae HT-Z d13-4
POI type: Minor POI
Galmap ref: Tegnae HT-Z d13-4 C1 38.00 -104.20

jNyN8I6.png

POI name: Egg Yolk Nebula
POI type: Planetary nebula
Galmap ref: Kyloall NY-R e4-4077

Desc: Center of the nebula is a black hole, being orbited by F class star only 10 ls away, giving this unusual sight

ERTQwSn.png

POI name: Pony Heaven nebula
Galmap ref: Scheau blao fm-v e2-5973

Desc: Black hole nebula with a bright brown dwarf surrounded with white rings making very interesting views. For amateurs of volcanism there is a geiser site on ABC 1 A at coordinates 66.82 51.84
Photos:
KV88FMD.jpg
3gQoQdW.png
1SXqbhE.jpg

Last edited:
Ok, think I found something. Another CMDR came here before me, so the find was already tagged, but hadn't been entered into EDSM.

Name: Retired
Type: Stellar POI
Reference: Spongoae XO-Z d13-28
Desricption: A rare S-Type star beyond the Formidine Rift out at the edge of the galactic rim. The landable planet orbiting this star might give an impression of what Earth will look like when our sun reaches this state.
Screenshot:
Uo9MXeV.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to submit an interesting terrain POI within the Bubble Nebula

Name:The Dark Fortress
Game map search ref:Planet: Bubble Sector LX-T b3-1 9 e Coords: 38°N 14'44" 65°W 4'22"
Description:A natural fort formed from a pair of circular canyons located within the Bubble Nebula
Screenshot reference:
NZMuugwl.png

VVzqotDl.png

More pictures:
LKUtIi7l.png

mCo138Kl.png

mVlDqTgl.png

NS5tJTul.png

Planet originally tagged by CMDR Incon, POI submitted by CMDR Marlon Blake

Another dump of planetary nebulae from my last trip.

New POI
POI Name: Buakee Foxtrot Bravo
GalMap Ref: Baukee FB-X e1-2545
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core orbited by a brown dwarf, four gas giants, and two high metal content worlds."

----

New POI
POI Name: Baukee Alpha Victor
GalMap Ref: Baukee AV-Y e3634
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a black hole core orbited by two gas giants and an icy world."

----

New POI
POI Name: Baukee Hotel Whiskey
GalMap Ref: Baukeau HW-V e2-1072
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a black hole core orbited by two gas giants."
----

New POI
POI Name: Baukee Double Zulu
GalMap Ref: Baukeau ZZ-Y e4088
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core in a binary orbit with a Class G star. No other stellar bodies."

----

New POI
POI Name: Oakland Nebula
GalMap Ref: Baukeau ZJ-A e2165
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star in a binary orbit with a Class M star. Four lava worlds orbit the neutron star. The M star is orbited by three high metal content worlds (two of which are candidates for terraforming) and two water worlds (both of which are candidates for terraforming). The San Fransisco nebula is visible towards the galactic core."

----

New POI
POI Name: San Francisco Nebula
GalMap Ref: Baukeau ZJ-A e8007
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star in a trinary orbit with two Class K stars. Eight high metal content worlds and water world orbit the K star in the outer orbit. The Oakland Nebula is visit away from the galactic core."
----

New POI
POI Name: Eos Broae Sierra Juliett
GalMap Ref: Eos Broae SJ-R e4-3857
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star and Class K star in a binary orbit."

----

New POI
POI Name: Dryao Broae Echo Lima
GalMap Ref: Dryao Broae EL-Y e145
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star and Class A star in a binary orbit."

----

New POI
POI Name: Eembaids Juliett Romeo
GalMap Ref: Eembaids JR-N e6-729
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star at its core orbited by five gas giants and one high metal content world. The system also contains a Class B star orbited by two metal rich worlds, two gas giants, a brown dwarf and a high metal content world."
----

New POI
POI Name: Lasu Double Mike
GalMap Ref: Lasu MM-W e1-23
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star in a trinary orbit with two Class F stars. A water world orbits the K star in the outer orbit."

----

New POI
POI Name: G Eanes
GalMap Ref: Phipue LS-T e3-20
Desc: "A planetary nebula located high above the Norma Arm named after the Portugese explorer Gil Eanes. The system has a neutron star in a trinary orbit with a Class K and Class F star. Five high metal content worlds (two of which are terraformable) and three icy worlds orbit the F star."

yocEK6X

----

New POI
POI Name: Dryau Chroa Mike X-Ray
GalMap Ref: Dryau Chroa MX-T e3-39
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core orbited by a ringed gas giant. The system also contains a Class F star in a trinary orbit with a Class K and Class M star."
----

New POI
POI Name: Alpha Lima
GalMap Ref: Dryaa Bli AL-X e1-1810
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core and a Class G and Class M star in a binary orbit. The G star is orbited by four high metal content worlds and the M star is orbited by another eight. A gas giant and icy world orbit the complex."

----

New POI
POI Name: Bauloe Quebec Delta
GalMap Ref: Bauloe QD-T e3-354
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a black hole orbited by three brown dwarfs."

----

New POI
POI Name: Bauloe Papa X-Ray
GalMap Ref: Bauloe PX-U e2-52
Desc: "Planetary nebula containing a solitary neutron star."
----

New POI
POI Name: A Fernandes
GalMap Ref: Systimbea CB-X e1-167
Desc: "A planetary nebula named after the Portuguese explorer Álvaro Fernandes that contains a neutron star orbited by three high metal content worlds."

----

New POI
POI Name: Systimbea Oscar Sierra
GalMap Ref: Systimbea OS-T e3-5701
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neurton star core orbited by three high metal content worlds."

----

New POI
POI Name: Uniform Juliett
GalMap Ref: Systimbea UJ-Q e5-3659
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core and Class G and two Class M stars in a trinary orbit. Ten high metal content worlds orbit the trinary system."
----

New POI
POI Name: Eorm Chruia Zulu Papa
GalMap Ref: Eorm Chruia ZP-P e5-7164
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core orbited by two brown dwarfs, a gas giant and two lava worlds."

----

New POI
POI Name: Systimbea Oscar Tango
GalMap Ref: Systimbea OT-Q e5-9869
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star in a trinary orbit with a Class G and Class F. Another Class F star orbits the entire complex.

JUMP HAZARD WARNING: The neutron and G stars are in extremely close orbit."

----

New POI
POI Name: Dryoi Bli Victor Juliett
GalMap Ref: Dryoi Bli VJ-Z e9260
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core obited by a gas giant and high metal content world."
----

New POI
POI Name: Systimbea Tango Uniform
GalMap Ref: Systimbea TU-O e6-9689
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core orbited by three brown dwarfs."

----

New POI
POI Name: F Gomes
GalMap Ref: Systimbea JX-T e3-8781
Desc: "A planetary nebula named after the Portuguese explorer Fernão Gomes. The system contains with a neutron star in a trinary orbit with two Class F stars. Two high metal content worlds orbit the outer F star and a brown dwarf orbits the entire complex."

----

New POI
POI Name: San Diego Nebula
GalMap Ref: Systimbea HM-V e2-6197
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star in a trinary orbit with a Class G and Class M star. The Tijuana Nebula is visible in the system's southern sky."

----

New POI
POI Name: Tijana Nebula
GalMap Ref: Systimbea HM-V e2-7552
Desc: "Planetary nebula with a neutron star core orbited by three high metal content worlds, one of which is terraformable. The San Diego Nebula is visible in the system's northern sky."

Last edited:
POI name: Black Giants Nebula
GalMap ref: Eorl Broae EB-O e6-1507
Desc: "Planetary nebula with black hole in the middle, as a result there is no light apart from nebula itself, the two gas giants look incredible, well worth a visit. Being there you can stop on icy 2 B A where at coordinates -23.57 24.21 you can find a site with water geysers.

uUwqlyZ.jpg

Last edited:
Due to some issues with the spreadsheet/website combo and it not working properly for some people and google sheets lack of true features I have revamped our site one final time. We now are functioning completely from the website: https://madraptor86.wixsite.com/mwsog

This should be the final site change as I and I'm hoping the geyser thread will really appreciate the new look and feel. Thank you for updating the link you have again. :) Also, with the contest if you don't mind spreading the word through your channels as well. See if we can get more submissions than last time. I think this will be a great contest.

Appreciate your hard work guys, keep it up!

A few weeks ago we were discussing blindingly bright planets orbiting close to stars and I mentioned that I thought I had one recorded in my notes but had been in a big hurry at the time and not scanned it, only recording it via a screenshot of the system map to remind me to take another look (post number 1400, dated 19/4/2017). I returned to this system, PHOI AIM DJ-W B43-2, after visiting the Zurara at the weekend and unfortunately the planet I mentioned, B1, is not one of the blindingly bright kind. Its outstanding characteristic is that, due to its extremely close orbit (the orbital period is 0.1 days), it has a very distorted shape - one of the most egg-shaped high-metal-content worlds I have encountered. I don't think it worthy of a minor POI in its own right, though, but I thought I should mention it here so no one who remembers the discussion wastes their time heading out there expecting to see a very bright planet. I clearly got confused with something else - my apologies for the mix-up; I'll keep a watch out for bright planets in future and try to at least get a screenshot of both the cockpit and system views, even if I don't have time to stop for long.
Fly safe!

UPDATED POI

I'm surprised that 'Z' direction limits such as the 'top of galaxy' and 'bottom of galaxy' are not nearly as covered and revered in the larger ED Community as the distances in the X,Y direction from certain points... perhaps because they are so fluid. That being said, as part of the SHEPARD Mission we tried to push these limits to new boundaries of exploration at Waypoint 22. As such, 2872ly above the plane is no longer a record holder. In fact, a few cmdrs on the mission were able to break this record. I was able to reach at least ten systems beyond 2872ly above the plane. Another Shepard Cmdr Taen actually reached 3048.75ly above the plane. His trip, however was one way and had to self-destruct. Please note that these new limits were achieved before the launch of 2.3.

Would you like the system name for 3048.75 above plane and a description for a new POI for galactic mapping?

As such, might I also suggest changing the previous to the following description:

Eminentem Sidus

GalMap Ref: Syroomeou FG-Y g10

Desc. " Syroomeou FG-Y g10 is a system that was reached with a single jumponium jump in an 53 ly Asp. It is situated at 2872 ly above the galactic plane, and was once thought to be the highest system visited above the galactic plane before this limit was breached during the SHEPARD Mission in 3303. The system itself cannot be reached without prior use of Jumponium. "

It is also worth mentioning that I am currently exploring a sector that I believe will also shatter the record for lowest below the plane. I am actually hoping to beat 3,100ly below the plane... I should know if I can get this within this week or next.

- Cmdr Parabolus

***NOTE: I have cross-posted this in the Allitnil Limits thread ***

UPDATED POI

I'm surprised that 'Z' direction limits such as the 'top of galaxy' and 'bottom of galaxy' are not nearly as covered and revered in the larger ED Community as the distances in the X,Y direction from certain points... perhaps because they are so fluid. That being said, as part of the SHEPARD Mission we tried to push these limits to new boundaries of exploration at Waypoint 22. As such, 2872ly above the plane is no longer a record holder. In fact, a few cmdrs on the mission were able to break this record. I was able to reach at least ten systems beyond 2872ly above the plane. Another Shepard Cmdr Taen actually reached 3048.75ly above the plane. His trip, however was one way and had to self-destruct. Please note that these new limits were achieved before the launch of 2.3.

Would you like the system name for 3048.75 above plane and a description for a new POI for galactic mapping?

As such, might I also suggest changing the previous to the following description:

Eminentem Sidus

GalMap Ref: Syroomeou FG-Y g10

Desc. " Syroomeou FG-Y g10 is a system that was reached with a single jumponium jump in an 53 ly Asp. It is situated at 2872 ly above the galactic plane, and was once thought to be the highest system visited above the galactic plane before this limit was breached during the SHEPARD Mission in 3303. The system itself cannot be reached without prior use of Jumponium. "

It is also worth mentioning that I am currently exploring a sector that I believe will also shatter the record for lowest below the plane. I am actually hoping to beat 3,100ly below the plane... I should know if I can get this within this week or next.

- Cmdr Parabolus

***NOTE: I have cross-posted this in the Allitnil Limits thread ***

I believe the limit of Eminenten Sidus was surpassed by Allitnil even before the SHEPARD Mission, but my timeline may be sketchy here.
For the sake of reducing complexity and limit the amount of cross references in the POI description, I think we should merely mention if an old record is no longer valid (but not who broke it).

So far we seem to have settled into a praxis where absolute records (impossible to beat) are marked on the map as 'beacons', while temporary records (that may be surpassed in the future) are marked as 'historical'. To avoid spamming the map with these in cases where a limit is surpassed several times, we have downgraded some historical POIs to 'Other' or removed them entirely.

Even if it was without return trip I think we should note that 3000+ above the plane system. It is the furthest I have heard anyone venture at this time.

POI Name: Bohomaz A nebula
GalMap Ref: Scheau Blao AB-W e2-9322

Desc: Planetary nebula with a single black hole. You can see much bigger Scheau Blao AA-A H513 nebula in the backgroud

QIpjVWR.png

Last edited:
I believe the limit of Eminenten Sidus was surpassed by Allitnil even before the SHEPARD Mission, but my timeline may be sketchy here.
For the sake of reducing complexity and limit the amount of cross references in the POI description, I think we should merely mention if an old record is no longer valid (but not who broke it).

Agreed I think that is a great idea.

Even if it was without return trip I think we should note that 3000+ above the plane system. It is the furthest I have heard anyone venture at this time.

Ok I will send something through over the next few days - along with the system below the plane...

Best,

Map update in progress - updated to post 1545:

Added:
- 30 planetary nebulae from post #1465
- NGC 6871
- The Matryoshka Stars
- NGC 2371
- The Sar-i Sang Nebula
- The Lensing Lighthouse
- The Dover Lights
- Mariner’s Prospect
- The Gloaming
- NGC 1999
- NGC 6886
- Fleur-de-Lis Nebula

Updated:
- Skaude (Collection of Wonders)
- Beta Site
- Hades Edge

Pending:
- SHEPARD mission POIs (post 1531) <-- awaiting some info on videos, will be added shortly
- Ishtar Region description update

Not added
- SCREAKOU UK-0 D6-5800 A 6 (post 1522) <-- not that unusual:
http://www.elitegalaxyonline.com/portfolio/least-massive-gas-giants/
http://www.elitegalaxyonline.com/portfolio/smallest-gas-giants/

New contributors:
- Hawkflight
- mtt9999
- CMDR Steven Bingham

Last edited:
Here is my update for the Ishtar Region description:

During April of 3303, The Mercury 7 Expedition explored the region of Ishtar. Looking for clues to its mysterious bright blue colouration that had puzzled scientists for so long. After detailed analysis of their data, it was concluded that there was a strong presence of Oxygen within the interstellar medium that caused this. Although the science mystery was solved, the Mercury 7 encounted things they could not explain...leading many to believe Ishtar is indeed haunted...

o7
Yanick

Here is my update for the Ishtar Region description:

During April of 3303, The Mercury 7 Expedition explored the region of Ishtar. Looking for clues to its mysterious bright blue colouration that had puzzled scientists for so long. After detailed analysis of their data, it was concluded that there was a strong presence of Oxygen within the interstellar medium that caused this. Although the science mystery was solved, the Mercury 7 encounted things they could not explain...leading many to believe Ishtar is indeed haunted...

Don't take this as criticism, but I feel like map updates, descriptions and other information should be based on one of:

* In-game phenomena ("This nebula is a blue-green color")
* Historical information or real-world information ("This nebula was discovered by Edward Pickering on Aug 28, 1874")
* Special game-specific events ("The nebula has been the focus of a mystery when mysterious emissions were detected in it, and has lead to a hunt by other Commanders to decode the signals")
* Generic descriptions ("The nebula is positioned high above the galactic plane, giving it a feeling of isolation")

So, for the new description you provided, I'm trying to figure out where the "oxygen" and the "believe Ishtar is haunted" fit into this?

POI Update:

POI Name: The Great Rift
GalMap Ref: HIP 84605

Description update:
1) Please add "B133 Nebula" to the list of nebula in this cluster.
2) Please add "Aquila Dark Region Nebula" to the list.

--

Requesting the removal of existing POI which is merged into The Great Rift:

POI Name: Aquila Dark Region Nebula
GalMap ref: Aquila Dark Region PD-S b4-4

This POI has no description and no picture.

Last edited:
Top Bottom