News David Braben Live Chat Thread - Today (17th July) at 4pm BST

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
What (if any) plans are there to make it easier for new players to start. The sidewinder with it's limited cargo of 4t, make trading essentially non-viable (I did a number of trade runs and even without fuel costs only made 500 credits). I'm not really a fighting type person, so I'd prefer to trade my way, but the (to my mind) extremely low return on investments is going to hamper this path for me.

Currently, the best way for new players to make money is through combat and the best way for more progressed players to make money is through trading. Is there a plan to balance income between the different gameplay roles?

Hi David, as a child of the 60s and player since '84 I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks! Your team(s) are a credit to you and so too are the community leaders in the forums.

My question : Do you have any plans to integrate voice / external app controls as a part of the standard product?

I'm not sure if this has been answered before: Will there be procedurally generated space stations deeper in the galaxy, to allow more private space to play with friends?

And, let me take this opportunity to thank you for everything. :smilie:

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Hi David, and many thanks for chatting to us. Congrats on the OBE, btw. With what I've seen with ED so far, I'll stand you pint next time you're in North Yorkshire ;). Jolly well done to you and your minions :D.

My question: how close are FD in presenting your vision of ED, and has mp (and comments within the forums) exceeded your expectations of how ED will evolve

Not sure the hardworking people here would like to be called 'minions'! ;-)
They are the people that deserve the praise.

Answering the question more directly, yes, it is coming close in terms of space, and space combat to me feels good. There are still more elements I am looking forwards to too, for post release. Particularly the human interactions - inside ships, planet surfaces etc.

Stations a tad repetitive... any new designs for final?

Stations a tad repetitive... any new designs for final?

Question regarding unexplored space:

When a system is visited for the first time will that system then be "locked in", i.e identical for future visitors to that system?

Sir.Tj

The Moderator who shall not be Blamed....
Volunteer Moderator
We have a few new useres creating their 1st posts for this thread.

These have to be approved by a Mod before becoming visible, I'll keep an eye on them and approve them asap.

T.j

Q:

How will the players interact with the servers and in what format once we have the wider universe at our disposal ?

Will it ever be possible to see large scale populations like which happened recently in a massive battle on Eve for example ? what are the current restrictions and how do they interact or restrict us currently ?

Hello David and thank you for the game.

Will we be able to get the the centre of the galaxy? What stellar phenomenon are you planning to include? Any clouds of dark matter?

Hi David,

Will different implementations of third Person View be tested in the Premium Beta/Standard beta to test what effect/if any they have on the game?

Greetings David :)

I always loved "Space Monsters" like the Dragons or Space-Eels from Masters of Orion 2 or perhaps the Space-Flies from the X-Series. I suggested something similar long time ago, but it did not receive much love from the community.

So my question is :

Is there anything similar planned for Elite ? Will we be able to discover Space-born Lifeforms ?

David Braben

CEO & Founder
Frontier
Hi David, as a child of the 60s and player since '84 I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks! Your team(s) are a credit to you and so too are the community leaders in the forums.

My question : Do you have any plans to integrate voice / external app controls as a part of the standard product?

You're very welcome.

Two-way voice comms is coming in Beta 1 (29th July) if you have a microphone and speakers on your PC.

In terms of controls, Voice Attack is quite fun - and voice control is something we included in past games, so we will look at it.

Hi Mr. Braben,

Will the hyperdrive activation sequence and SFX eventually be made different from the Supercruise/FSD startup sequence? They're brilliant, but when jumping to Supercruise and then to Hyperspace, it seems repetitive.

Thanks!

Brilliant work so far, thx to the team. I am very interested in when/what you can tell us about an in game Trading Computer ( ie knows the prices I have seen myself) and your thoughts on out of game trading tools ( I don't like em myself )

Oh and will there be comets !

Hi David

Just wondering when we will see the panther clipper ship..?
& will force feedback be supported?, & the ships HUDs
Will we see different types of Huds in other ships.. So far it's the same layout.. From the sidewinder....

& lastly will we see the approach to the star system when in hyper jump.. Rather than just appearing in it just like that.. In the battle video.. Ages ago.. We seen this type of approach.. It would be great if this is put in..
Oh plus coming out of super cruise it would be great to the station on approach.. Astriods etc instead of just planets ?
So they just don't appear when out if super cruise

Thx Matt :)

David,
How will finding friends work with the multiple server connections we have at present? Will we have to just reconnect and track what server we are on or what?

Question regarding unexplored space:

When a system is visited for the first time will that system then be "locked in", i.e identical for future visitors to that system?

I think it will anyhow as a product of procedural generation as opposed to random generation...

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom