Ha ha ha! Aw, come on mate, I'm only messing about Popty Ping! Surely you can let me have that one after the weekend! :)

too much [FONT=&quot]cariath ganuch?

[/FONT]
Let you have it? Hope you bathe in it.

Not even mentioning your astounding discovery that Welsh descends from Old Hebrew thus proving the Welsh are the lost tribe of Isreal, just like Raxxla!

Now if I can find the Eqyptian base 72 square root in of turlte, palm, foot, foot, ibex ,cow, eye,,,,,

I have no idea what "Popty Ping" could possibly mean ... therefore I'm assuming that it IS the key to finding Raxxla. Running it through a Caesar Cypher now to unlock the coordinates ...

I was about to say that in practical terms it means that I've unintendedly got myself firmly into lorrad's bad books, but well... ninja'd by lorrad! :D

I was about to say that in practical terms it means that I've unintendedly got myself firmly into lorrad's bad books, but well... ninja'd by lorrad! :D

Bad books?

Never, I look forward to seeing your Time Team History Channel special, "Raxxla and the Lost Tribe of Poptyping".
It'll be a nice break from the Nutsies' Pyramids.

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
Well, guys, for who cares, these last days I've been struggling with the pre-alphas of SC and DU and my conclusion is that they will both be great games...some day, while ED is a great game...now. ;)
Neither Raxxla there... (you never can tell.)

Last edited:
Well, guys, for who cares, these last days I've been struggling with the pre-alphas of SC and DU and my conclusion is that they will both be great games...some day, while ED is a great game...now. ;)
Neither Raxxla there... (you never can tell.)

What’s DU?
I agree wrt SC. It will be great when finally released, but probably still 2 years hence. Focussed far too much on mouse & keyboard but too many controls. Spent the last 2 weeks playing around with HOTAS setup for it & still lots of problems. Also got the Mustang Alpha starter package- radar only worked once, cant hit anything. Making a bit of progress now EDTracker is almost setup, even with asymmetric Y & Z axes setup still cant look down properly to utilise cockpit controls, and Select doesn’t seem to work from joystick.....

want to get back to my planetary search in ED, but had bad cold/flu and then bronchitis over last week so only firing on one engine nozzle, and that’s still focussed on progressing my SC setup.

What’s DU?
I agree wrt SC. It will be great when finally released, but probably still 2 years hence. Focussed far too much on mouse & keyboard but too many controls. Spent the last 2 weeks playing around with HOTAS setup for it & still lots of problems. Also got the Mustang Alpha starter package- radar only worked once, cant hit anything. Making a bit of progress now EDTracker is almost setup, even with asymmetric Y & Z axes setup still cant look down properly to utilise cockpit controls, and Select doesn’t seem to work from joystick.....

want to get back to my planetary search in ED, but had bad cold/flu and then bronchitis over last week so only firing on one engine nozzle, and that’s still focussed on progressing my SC setup.
Sorry to hear you've not been well mate. Hope you get well soon (if you haven't already).

I've been lurking here for a long time; thanks for the fascinating discussion. I primarily explore in the game and I'm always looking around for clues regarding Raxxla. I've noticed that Shinrarta Dezhra comes up in the discussion now and then. Have you discussed the fact that the Founder's World doesn't seem to have city lights on its night side? I'm not sure if it's always been this way, but I only noticed it in the last few days since I returned to the bubble after a long trip away. Of course, it might not signify anything. Perhaps the system population of 83 million is below some cutoff for ELWs and terraformed planets to have city lights. I did find it strange though. Also, if you look at the civilisation filter in the galmap, apparently Shinrarta Dezhra is not part of human civilisation. Again, this could just be related to some underlying game limitation related to PowerPlay: perhaps the same mechanic that protects the Pilots Federation's control of Shinrarta has these odd side effects. On the other hand, could it be a clue?

I've been lurking here for a long time; thanks for the fascinating discussion. I primarily explore in the game and I'm always looking around for clues regarding Raxxla. I've noticed that Shinrarta Dezhra comes up in the discussion now and then. Have you discussed the fact that the Founder's World doesn't seem to have city lights on its night side? I'm not sure if it's always been this way, but I only noticed it in the last few days since I returned to the bubble after a long trip away. Of course, it might not signify anything. Perhaps the system population of 83 million is below some cutoff for ELWs and terraformed planets to have city lights. I did find it strange though. Also, if you look at the civilisation filter in the galmap, apparently Shinrarta Dezhra is not part of human civilisation. Again, this could just be related to some underlying game limitation related to PowerPlay: perhaps the same mechanic that protects the Pilots Federation's control of Shinrarta has these odd side effects. On the other hand, could it be a clue?

Nice discoveries:) I'm a big fan of the Founder's World=Raxxla idea so this adds to the mystery nicely. As you've pointed out, one of the amusing things about the Raxxla hunt is always "is it a bug, or a clue?"

if its been in the game before horizons, then its not planet based and like the zuara or radio lave, probably a sidewinder lost in space with some narrative about raxxla. Tionisla graveyard isn't there yet, just a tourist beacon.
So I dont think it will be much, like a voyager, some object floating around, like a comet, perhaps in shinatra dezhra, although how on earth (or in space) one fins it, who knows, take a long distance random trip in shinatra and hope for the best.

if its been in the game before horizons, then its not planet based and like the zuara or radio lave, probably a sidewinder lost in space with some narrative about raxxla. Tionisla graveyard isn't there yet, just a tourist beacon.
So I dont think it will be much, like a voyager, some object floating around, like a comet, perhaps in shinatra dezhra, although how on earth (or in space) one fins it, who knows, take a long distance random trip in shinatra and hope for the best.

Fdev never said we could find/interact wit it (yet) - just that it's in-game and they know where it is.

Therefore, it could easily be a planet we've already found, but it's unlikely that it would appear on your scanner as "Raxxla", so we wouldn't necessarily know, and if the "important" bits of Raxxla are planet-based, and it's an ELW, we can't get to them yet anyway.

Maybe part of the puzzle is finding out how to identify Raxxla, not just finding a physical location. What if it's already been found, but the "obfuscation" is that no-one knows what they've found?

Tin foil hats on!

If you set your filters in Galaxy Map for civilisations all human systems will be white, thargoids green and guardian blue. Now look at Shinrarta and tell what do you see? Couse I see NONE and ppl are living there. Even HIP 22460 has human civilisation with population 0. So what the heck is wrong with Shinrarta? Not even alien? No other system like that.

Shinrarta Dezhra Tourist Beacons

Pilots Federation Origins

Tourist Spot 0244

The Pilots Federation has existed for a very long time. It
was founded in 2805 during the great surge of private
ownership of small starships enabled by the hugely
competitive modular ship designs made available during
the previous decades.

It was founded as much as a way of agreeing prices for
ship parts en masse (where members benefit from group
discounts), but soon became much more, providing a
system where trusted pilots from a new scourge - also enabled
by the proliferation of small starships - of interstellar
piracy. Over the years an unofficial tally of pirate kills
amongst some members began as 'bragging rights' but
soon members started showing their kills on their online
IDs, and before long those without such a rating were
referred to as 'Harmless' - and by implication not so
desirable to provide cover on a route known for pirate
attacks.

Gradually, the Pilots Federation grew to encompass a
great many pilot-owners and their ships. It also provided
an element of respectability as the itinerant nature of
their lifestyles had started to bring suspicion amongst
planet-siders - where the lack of accountability of space
farers brought about by their ability to simply move on to
a different system before the law caught up with them
gave them a bit of a reputation as cowboys or as thieves
in certain places. The Pilots Federation would not tolerate
dishonorable behaviour among its members, and so
such members would wear the PF's logo with pride -
earning them a little respect in their dealings, and an
antidote to the cowboy image.
The Elite Federation Of Pilots
Tourist Spot 0246

As their reputation spread, the small group became
overwhelmed. There was no way they could satisfy
anything like all the demands on them, so they formed
"The Elite Federation of Pilots". This was a sub-group of
the Pilots Federation and it ran its own systems to
exchange offers between its member. It was quite
secretive, and hugely respected, and there was a high
demand for their services. Their main problem was how
few "Elite" pilots there were. Many pilots would get rich
and retire long before they attained the coveted "Elite"
status; the fundamental problem was that the rating was a
kill count. Wise members of the group realised that, in
fact, they were no better pilots than some younger pilots
with much lower ratings - they had just been doing it for
longer - though others outside the group didn't see it like
that. They wanted the cachet of employing an "Elite" pilot.
They were better organised than in the early days, and
better equipped.

It is rumoured they run secret bases and have their own
technologies, but what is known for certain is they are
highly respected,, and get generouos discounts throughout
human space. In practice the aura of secrecy proved a
great strength. The EFP now has representatives
throughout human space and beyond, and it is an
organisation to which every pilot aspires to be a member.
Pilots' Federation Secrecy
Tourist spot 0247
The Pilot's Federation in many ways is a secretive
organisation. This in part reinforces its status of
neutrality. It exists to support pilots, not nationalities or
political factions. Over the years this has led to its
acceptance (albeit grudging in some cases) in practically
all human domains.

Despite its ubiquitous presence is has very little direct
dealings with the public. Even member pilots tend to
interact via the networked rankings and bounties system.
The prime exception exception to this is registration. A pilot has to
register in person for their PF license. Registration is
performed at offices throughout human habited space.
Pilots Federation's Near Monopoly
Tourist spot 0249
Historically the Pilots Federation has been a trusted
source of informatioon for pilots. As humanity expanded
into space that need for information continued to grow.

Before 3100 they provided data for many ship and station
manufacturers. After 3100 in an understated, but effective
campaign of acquisitions and mergers they became the
dominant provider of this data as well as the hardware
and software solutions serving that data.

From star chart data, ship data and bounty management
systems the Pilots Federation expanded their data
communications systems.

In 3300 the Pilots Federation's GalNet system has a near
monopoly on all shipboard and station embedded
systems. These systems are fitted as standard on nearly
all independent ships and even more militaries. It's a
testament to the trusted nature of the PF that this
monopoly has occurred with little resistance bar some
back room negotiations.
Pilots Federation's Influence (Shinrarta Dezhra AB 2 F)
Tourist spot 0250

Officially, the Pilot Federation is apolitical: as an
organisation it does not interfere with the internal
workings of systems or factions. However this official
stance is a misnomer. The PF wields considerable power
through its web of political contacts as well as the
application of the bounty system and control of the ship
and station embedded systems.

It also uses a lot of soft power by providing pilot safety
support throughout human space.

There are also known cliques within the PF (The Dark
Wheel is probably the most famous) that have their own
agendas. Officially these are discouraged, but in an
organisation so large they are tolerated as long as they
don't overstep the mark.
Pilots Federation's Secrecy
Tourist Spot 0251
Much of what the Pilots Federation does revolves around
secrecy; and this has many layers. Within the Pilots
Federation, the Elite Federation of Pilots is even more
mysterious and secretive, and at the centre of that is the
elusive "Founders World".

It is the only system directly controlled by the EFP, and
even its location is closely guarded. This secrecy is
maintained by the EFP through 'misinformation' - there are
a great many rumours of its rough location - and they all
contradict each other. Only a select few - the members of
the EFP - know the truth.

The system is governed by the EFP and it is here that the
organisation's headquarters is based.

EFP members are allowed to retire here in relative
anonymity.

Last edited:
Since 3.0 I have been more or less convinced that Raxxla will be integrated to the main alien story of Elite. A long story arc, beginning from mysterious transportations of data crystals, to thargoid ships, scanning guardian spheres, and what ever lies beyond. I would say next we are going to see artificial intelligence aspect slowly starting to emerge, discover some new guardian modules, finally unlocking some system permit locks, and Q4 update. Maybe we are looking at a major plot twist or two of some kind, thinking what is really going on in the Milky Way or something, and Raxxla begins to be mentioned in the Galnet news every now and then. A personal journey of a kind.

Last edited:
Tin foil hats on!

If you set your filters in Galaxy Map for civilisations all human systems will be white, thargoids green and guardian blue. Now look at Shinrarta and tell what do you see? Couse I see NONE and ppl are living there. Even HIP 22460 has human civilisation with population 0. So what the heck is wrong with Shinrarta? Not even alien? No other system like that.

Dropped a bug report about that a couple weeks ago to see where that leads. Well, kinda believe thats a bug but, we will see.

Dropped a bug report about that a couple weeks ago to see where that leads. Well, kinda believe thats a bug but, we will see.

Is the Founder's World tidally locked? If so then that might explain a lack of city lights. If the dark side is a frozen wasteland of perpetual darkness ... who would want to live there? Of course ... some other tidally locked Earth-like worlds DO lights on the dark side but I'm guessing that this is due to procedural generation. Surely Shinrarta Dhezra was designed and not generated procedurally. It always bothers me when I see city lights on a tidally locked Earth-like.

Is the Founder's World tidally locked? If so then that might explain a lack of city lights. If the dark side is a frozen wasteland of perpetual darkness ... who would want to live there? Of course ... some other tidally locked Earth-like worlds DO lights on the dark side but I'm guessing that this is due to procedural generation. Surely Shinrarta Dhezra was designed and not generated procedurally. It always bothers me when I see city lights on a tidally locked Earth-like.

If there’s an atmosphere it can transfer heat from the lit to dark side, so tidally locked ELW with dark side cities is possible, though I suspect they might be igloos.

Top Bottom