Automation and Scripting - An investigation into further abuses of BGS and Powerplay

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Can't believe this thread is still ongoing but hay ho. It's been handed over to FDEV - Let them decide and then feedback - would be useful if it was discussed on a feedback stream but I doubt that'll occur. I've not been that impressed lately with the streams - if I wanted to watch others flying around, I'd goto youtube / twitch.

Let's hope that there's more decent streams coming our way soon and where some of our questions can actually be responded to.

V2k.

p.s. I think this thread should be closed down now - just a suggetion.

Can't believe this thread is still ongoing but hay ho. It's been handed over to FDEV - Let them decide and then feedback - would be useful if it was discussed on a feedback stream but I doubt that'll occur. I've not been that impressed lately with the streams - if I wanted to watch others flying around, I'd goto youtube / twitch.

FDEV is hoping this thread goes away ASAP. Then they can continue to avoid effectively dealing with this issue in peace. ;)

p.s. I think this thread should be closed down now - just a suggetion.

Again this post is a PSA, its purpose is to let BGS'ers and Power Players know of potential threats. I'm sure FDev have already seen it, besides they already knew when we put out the reports.

Players need to know though so they can counter it. That can only happen if this isn't swept under the rug like you're suggesting.

Again this post is a PSA, its purpose is to let BGS'ers and Power Players know of potential threats. I'm sure FDev have already seen it, besides they already knew when we put out the reports.

Players need to know though so they can counter it. That can only happen if this isn't swept under the rug like you're suggesting.

I know quite a few people thats quit the BGS because its plagues with other issues. This was the final nail in the coffin.

Shame cause the BGS is VERY UNIQUE. And props to the guys that came up with it. I think its really awesome and indepth. I kind of get mad at the mile wide inch deep meme. They really havnt funneled players into messing with it correctly. Some dont even know it exists.

They just want their "Big ship" and quit. :(

I know quite a few people thats quit the BGS because its plagues with other issues. This was the final nail in the coffin.

Shame cause the BGS is VERY UNIQUE. And props to the guys that came up with it. I think its really awesome and indepth. I kind of get mad at the mile wide inch deep meme. They really havnt funneled players into messing with it correctly. Some dont even know it exists.

They just want their "Big ship" and quit. :(

Maybe they quit because there is no real incentive to stay? BGS does not give you anything except numbers and names at system map. "Your" faction does not even acknowledge the fact it was you who came up with idea of putting it into the game and then spent hours helping it to thrive.

Maybe they quit because there is no real incentive to stay? BGS does not give you anything except numbers and names at system map. "Your" faction does not even acknowledge the fact it was you who came up with idea of putting it into the game and then spent hours helping it to thrive.

Yeah that really sucks. Would be nice to have some in game recognition for it.

That and its repetitive...

If its endless repetition I want - to loose my mind - I can just buy some rosary beads and twiddle them through my hands in whatever way the church has people do it...
That may not qualify as a brilliant use of your time either, but at least it doesn't eat electricity or require an expensive computer...

If, for some inexplicable reason, somebody really wants to do it, botting would be the tool of choice for intelligent people.

Last edited:
Yeah that really sucks. Would be nice to have some in game recognition for it.

I’m totally with you there.

Playing BGS with my player faction is why I play Elite; with BGS there is no end-game – it’s brilliant but with some more in-game control it would be sensational.

As for Powerplay, it’s just not for me due to the sheer scale and the invisible solo/private group players. Not being able to blockade a station to prevent undermining did me in after 4 weeks of Powerplay, but I still respect the players who still do Powerplay.

Now this whole Bot menace threatens so many players enjoyment of both BGS and Powerplay, so I sincerely hope that FDEV will take action.

Last edited:
I’m totally with you there.

Playing BGS with my player faction is why I play Elite; with BGS there is no end-game – it’s brilliant but with some more in-game control it would be sensational.

As for Powerplay, it’s just not for me due to the sheer scale and the invisible solo/private group players. Not being able to blockade a station to prevent undermining did me in after 4 weeks of Powerplay, but I still respect the players who still do Powerplay.

Now this whole Bot menace threatens so many players enjoyment of both BGS and Powerplay, so I sincerely hope that FDEV will take action.

Glad you feel my pain here :(

To be honest, stop dreaming. I ll give you an example : we have given proof to FD that a group of players were cheating and multiboxing. Guess what ? They are still in the game.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
Shadowbanned for few days/weeks from what we know as you know FD do not communicate about it.

Yeah, unfortunately so...

I think that FDEV should officially comment on what action was taken against those accounts. This is big and some reassurance that an appropriate action was taken would come a long way.

A few days of shadowban - if this is indeed the case - is an absolute and utter joke IMHO.

Yeah, unfortunately so...

I think that FDEV should officially comment on what action was taken against those accounts. This is big and some reassurance that an appropriate action was taken would come a long way.

A few days of shadowban - if this is indeed the case - is an absolute and utter joke IMHO.

According to the OP some month long shadowbans, plus some perma's. That's twice though this thread is about the third bot wave.

For botting they should go straight for perma's IMO, but they've always been too nice to cheats.

rootsrat

Volunteer Moderator
According to the OP some month long shadowbans, plus some perma's. That's twice though this thread is about the third bot wave.

For botting they should go straight for perma's IMO, but they've always been too nice to cheats.

It should be perma IMHO as well.

Do FDEV even care?!?! This post is 48 pages long and there is no comment from FDEV at all. I am frustrated with this issue and several other issues that no comment from FDEV has been forthcoming.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom