Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and fear. But the greatest of these is fear.

Are you talking about killers?

Gravity is also a pretty big one.. :p

But faith also killed more people, but enough on that subject as it's not permitted on this forum.

If you're not talking about killers, then ..ummm.. I dunno. :p

I don't think that's true - I think the menu only allows you to block friends (kinda strange). It's not something I've made use of, but I'm sure there are people on DW2 who would like to know how to do this if possible.

Network level blocking is a little timely as it (a) requires you matching a player to a connection, and (b) assumes that the player is on a fixed address (or that you're happy with blocking large AS).

Who said anything about IP blocking. Shoot for the MAC.

Estimate on launch day in console scrub galaxy was 200, probably up to 300 by now. So unofficial count would break 2000.

Can I get me some thoughts and prayers folks, thoughts and prayers...

Yes, l2 mac acl filter. But unfortunately, the mac address is software-controlled todays. Can be spoofed, convenient gui comes with the OS even. Btw iOS 8+ does that automatically to avoid mac tracking. Just a matter of effort. Well, keeps out the noobs at least.

EDIT: Question would be whether FD use the mac address in their authentication process (deviceID). All I can say is that they track it in the netlogs. Then, one would have to reauthenticate after each change (email token and all). That certainly would hang the grapes considerably higher and have some red lights flash up on server monitoring after too much tampering :D

O7,
[noob]

Last edited:

Deleted member 115407

D
Apparently so.

Exploration community command that the station be built in the first place, no one else. And they've done it. Tier 10 already :)

We certainly threw it out there as an idea, but in the end we decided we didn't care about stopping the CG and just wanted to blow up explorers, so we put no time or effort into it.

Many of us are eagerly anticipating our pilgrimage to the Overlord's new Temple and bringing word of His Glory to all who visit, and to any unfortunate soul who we may encounter along the way.

Last edited by a moderator:
You do, of course, realize that nobody cares, right?
All you’re showcasing is that you’ve all the might and power to kick someone’s crutches. So manly. Machisimo!

You won’t receive anything for this, except perhaps a bit more disdain from the community at large, one that already holds this in the lowest regards.

But you’re playing your way, and if this is really what entertains you... I could let you in to the Cabbage and Turnip ward at the hospital where you can pick some real fights, with actual people in vegetative states.

What I find hilarious is these trollops actually seem to think destroying lots of ships not fitted for combat, being principally exploration or mining prepped, is somehow in any way impressive.

Last edited:
What I find hilarious is these trollops actually seem to think destroying lots of ships not fitted for combat, being principally exploration or mining prepped, is somehow in any way impressive.

It's just their way of telling non-PvPers, "Get out. You're not welcome here."

You mean that link-layer address that is unique to the last route? If you're blocking the MAC address of inbound connections across the Internet you're effectively cutting off large swathes of the Internet as you're not blocking the player on the other end, but the last hop on the router to your edge device - most likely something in your own ISPs network. You may as well play in Solo.

It does seem a little odd that FD provide a mechanism to block communications with players, and allegedly influence matchmaking to avoid them - yet provide no way of entering that information until the matchmaking has been done, rendering it kinda pointless.

Yes.

Do keep up.

And again, I think you're misreading that.
Context...

You're implying that the goal was to stop the station from being built. It wasn't. A station out there is good for us.

Also his command that it "be built" isn't quite the same as "he started this project".
That could also mean tacit acceptance, from an emperor's OVERLORD'S POV.
I'm not so sure of your interpretation.

So where do you get off saying Ryan is a liar, and "more lies"?
You have a history?*

*I of course assume "everyone lies" but if you're going to single someone out, there should be a good reason.

Last edited:
Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom