DW's series is not confirmed 100% lore, as he himself said that fdev and he did not write about Raxxla, they already had it. From the same AMA, he guessed it would be within a few hundred LYrs from Sol.

Reclamtion and Premonition are lore. The Oolite books are not.

I had an hypothesis which I mentioned a while ago but didn’t get taken up. If TRDW is a conglomerate then it should be possible to join it by getting allied with various (half a dozen? a dozen??...) of its affiliates. What type of faction is DW in SD? The background flag in the mission-givers’ photo is repeated across the game, looks like there are four flags or so-is this another clue?

My theory is that all the pirate groups are part of (or used by) the Dark Wheel. It's just a little too convenient that every single system has a pirate group, and they just operate without being stamped out. The only semi-start that we've had so far, the Nysa pirates were the group that gave that mission that followed the whole Child ship business.

EDIT: And Dark Wheel is a democracy. At allied rep, the missions contact is Aide Charlotte Reynolds. The passengers contact is Travel Agent Sylvester Harutyunyan. So we're not talking to their president, heh.

Last edited:
Probably it was in this thread already. This logo of Raxxla looks like triple aspect of Hecate who often was imaged as a triple woman figure. She brings the light by holding torches. Also same visual and back was for Artemis, Persephone and Eileithyia (Ilithyia) who lights the dark for the children. There are two systems with this names but no any variations of Eileithyia.

P.s. My bad English's joke: Ilithyia - Elite(yia) :D

Last edited:
My theory is that all the pirate groups are part of (or used by) the Dark Wheel. It's just a little too convenient that every single system has a pirate group, and they just operate without being stamped out. The only semi-start that we've had so far, the Nysa pirates were the group that gave that mission that followed the whole Child ship business.

EDIT: And Dark Wheel is a democracy. At allied rep, the missions contact is Aide Charlotte Reynolds. The passengers contact is Travel Agent Sylvester Harutyunyan. So we're not talking to their president, heh.

Exactly. Does nobody else find it strange that DW in SD is a democracy? Doesn’t seem to fit with their alleged goals.

p.s. For old FRifters:
Searched about 70 systems in the Conflux but didn’t find anything out of the ordinary. Noticed 3 of the bases there are roughly aligned pointing about 45 degrees downwards and at an angle of about 45degrees to a line back to the bubble, which seems an awfully strange arrangement. There are now two UCBs at each of the alpha, beta & gamma systems but someone else checked one pair & reported they are duplicating the Dynasty message. Still only one UCB at delta base where there are frequent npc, often one elite & can be hostile, no faction, name & ship ID seems random. Roughly checked the alignment of the UCB, they are not pointing at FRift or bubble as far as I can see; suspect FD didn’t assign any meaning to their pointing direction.

Last edited:
DW in SD have stopped handing out missions, and Felicity Farseer states in the DW codex that DW impersonators get quietly closed down, which seems like a fairly fat hint that the DW in SD is not the true DW.

The Raxxla Codex implies that DW don't know where raxxla is as its 'their principle aim' to find it.

Of course, if the DW don't know where it is then chasing the toast may not help. That leaves even less to go on though, so at least following the DW might lead to some extra information so that there _is_ something to go on.

So in summary, chasing the DW might be the only path available - anyone ever come across Lyta Crane? Only stuff on the oracle (web) is some anime character which seems unlikely - apparently she's a DW expert and could be handy to tap up..

Yelboc.

You do realize what Bonespire Publishing really stands for, right?

Don't know? Plenty of bone spires in ED.
41843005_1922952374463683_6642978152956651467_n.jpg

My investigation of the Jewel Box Cluster (NGC 4755) has drawn a blank. I have scanned all the named systems in the cluster and there is nothing artificial here, no Notable Stellar Phenomena or beacons of any kind.
One of the stars (HR 4887) is about 1700 LY closer to Sol than the rest of the cluster, although it should be associated with it in real life - but this just happens sometimes in ED. There has been little mapping done and there are only a few First Mapped tags, including the only two worlds with Biological signals, both in the same system (forgot to screenshot the name, will have to check my Codex entry later), featuring Anemones. There is one Ammonia World (CPD-59 4534 planet 1) but no Earth-like Worlds in the named systems, however I have found an untagged Earth-like World in a procedural system close by.
The cluster is in the Outer Orion Spur region so I have also taken the opportunity to fill my Codex entries. The cluster does not include all star or planet types but it does have a wide variety and most volcanism types seem to be present (I have not yet seen any nitrogen-based varieties), so it has been worthwhile. Fly safe o7

I don’t know where to find the source of this but a while back now, when questioned about Raxxla, frontier said that one person had been in the system at some point?

If that was said and someone can confirm I’m not just chatting rubbish, then surely Raxxla wouldn’t be as close to the bubble as we think?

I get that space is huge and all that but still, if only one person at that time had jumped into the system and jumped out, we should probably be setting our eyes a Tiny bit further out of the bubble

There might still be clues and things around the bubble but the end destination probably won’t be.

Even if true, idk if that means it would be really far away. It only takes maybe 4 jumps outside the bubble, especially if you move vertically along the plane a little, before you start running into systems no one has been to before. So it could well be that there is a system quite close that holds it. Heck, even last year I came upon a system in bubble that had planets no one had yet discovered.

Scytale

Banned
You guys keep thinking that you can find Raxxla the easy way ? Jumping into a system and, by chance, here it is ? End of the game ?
Could be... but what a disappointment then. No ?

You guys keep thinking that you can find Raxxla the easy way ? Jumping into a system and, by chance, here it is ? End of the game ?

Yep, it must be in a permit locked / unlisted system imo.

Yeah that one in billions chance is what keeps me exploring and playing the game, honestly.

I think the only way Raxxla wouldn’t be a letdown is if it ends up being the first landable earth-like world. Then once landed, you could get out of your ship and explore it on foot with your space legs. After fighting off waves of evil reptilian humanoids, because now the game suddenly turns into a flawless FPS, you finally discover a portal. You walk through it and find yourself on another planet in an entirely different galaxy full of new alien races to discover, ships to purchase, and adventures to get in to.

Is that really too much to ask?

Last edited:
Yeah that one in billions chance is what keeps me exploring and playing the game, honestly.

I think the only way Raxxla wouldn’t be a letdown is if it ends up being the first landable earth-like world. Then once landed, you could get out of your ship and explore it on foot with your space legs. After fighting off waves of evil reptilian humanoids, because now the game suddenly turns into a flawless FPS, you finally discover a portal. You walk through it and find yourself on another planet in an entirely different galaxy full of new alien races to discover, ships to purchase, and adventures to get in to.

Is that really too much to ask?

Except you’d be stranded on an alien planet, your ship left behind, your credit balance in a different universe,
and no PF to loan you a new ship!

I’m fully expecting Raxxla to be a letdown, just as Zurara was. The fun is in the hunting, not in the finding.

However FD have, I think, said there’s only one universe in ED so there can be no gateway.
I think it will be a stealthy, maybe derelict, station called “Raxxla Gateway”
end of quest, nothing to see, carry on killing thargoids.
Until another locked sector is opened and the hostile AI start to swarm.

Last edited:
This is a valid point, which is why I think finding Raxxla has to be set up in such a way that it leads to another mystery.
In theory, the Zurara was also like this - it was not the end of the Formidine Rift mystery, it was just the final clue to be found in the Formidine Rift, which when discovered had logs pointing to a greater concern of large scale political and economic manipulation back in the Bubble. That was a disappointment because it basically amounted to saying people had been afraid of the Thargoids coming back and there was no clear way we could interact with the mystery at that point. Later events all appeared scripted, based on development timetables (patch 2.4). One of the reasons I undertook The Aronnax Expedition was to find traces of Thargoid activity elsewhere in the galaxy but I always knew there was a risk I might not find anything even if I looked in the right place simply because it hadn't been added to the game, or I had no mechanism for finding it (other than the MkI eyeball). There were multiple CG proposals (by myself and others) to try to follow-up on the Zurara findings that were also declined, for storyline clashing reasons as I understand it.
As to the nature of Raxxla, I think this will have changed over the years as the game has developed new capabilities. Originally, I suspect it was just a planet with an unusual texture, like a machine-looking planet (something Borg-like), maybe with a space station in orbit. That might have raised some interesting questions but it would have been a disappointment if it had been found in the first week of the game's release. It could still be something like that now, only I suspect it requires a series of permit unlocks like a Falken's Maze to reach it and, assuming it is even accessible, might be more Guardians-like in appearance. The Guardians Beacons might be an indicator of the kind of assets that would be required to represent it. The key is giving meaning to finding it, not just making hoops to jump through. It will certainly be hard to avoid disappointment, not least because any development time devoted to it might never be used, as it is possible it will never be found, so it can only have so much work devoted to making it great. If it is then found, it must lead on to something else, not just a 'You win! Game Over.' or a pretty scene. I do think also that it will be a disappointment if its finding is scripted by increasingly obvious clues. As has been said above, the journey is more important in many respects than the destination, however a good destination is just the start of another journey - and setting up that journey after the effort that has already gone in to finding Raxxla will be the hardest part!
Apologies for the wall of text!

please for the love of science can we stop thinking that raxxla is behind a permit lock or other such nonsense, having researched raxxla, the formidine rift and other mysterious goings on in ED before ps4 launch. it was said that raxxla is the only planet apart from the core systems that is not procedurally generated (it was placed in a certain spot by FDev) it has been in the game since day one and DOESN'T need any special permits or equipment to get to where it is.

me personally I think that raxxla could one of 2 things either it is a unique looking planet around a very old star near the bubble, and possibly has a large unique station in orbit around it, or then again it could also be a rather bland megaship 3 million light seconds away from a neutron star. only David Braben and a select few others know exactly where and what raxxla is, and until someone can show the proof of finding it then, I for one will keep searching for as long as it takes.

Probably it was in this thread already. This logo of Raxxla looks like triple aspect of Hecate who often was imaged as a triple woman figure. She brings the light by holding torches. Also same visual and back was for Artemis, Persephone and Eileithyia (Ilithyia) who lights the dark for the children. There are two systems with this names but no any variations of Eileithyia.

P.s. My bad English's joke: Ilithyia - Elite(yia) :D

Well just to elaborate on this, you mention three women and Orions Belt is sometimes known as the three sisters but I Imagine Orions belt has been well explored by now.

please for the love of science can we stop thinking that raxxla is behind a permit lock or other such nonsense, having researched raxxla, the formidine rift and other mysterious goings on in ED before ps4 launch. it was said that raxxla is the only planet apart from the core systems that is not procedurally generated (it was placed in a certain spot by FDev) it has been in the game since day one and DOESN'T need any special permits or equipment to get to where it is.

me personally I think that raxxla could one of 2 things either it is a unique looking planet around a very old star near the bubble, and possibly has a large unique station in orbit around it, or then again it could also be a rather bland megaship 3 million light seconds away from a neutron star. only David Braben and a select few others know exactly where and what raxxla is, and until someone can show the proof of finding it then, I for one will keep searching for as long as it takes.
I thought the 'no special requirement' was something Drew repeatedly said of the Rift mystery. If FD have said something similar about Raxxla, then I will have to change my view of where and what it might be, because it could then be something very obvious that is just easy to overlook because of location, possibly as you describe.

Sources please, because at the moment, that sounds very much like a conflation of Raxxla stuff with FR stuff. And various things you’re saying there contradict Michael Brookes’s statement that ‘there will be no clues’, which although it may have potentially gone out of the window with 3.3, certainly appeared to have held previously.

Top Bottom