Roadmap leaked??

Seems dodgy because, who'd breach an NDA and risk their job...

Referring back to the kickstarter / dev diary videos it would appear DB is fairly committed to the idea of both legs, and atmospheric landings, provided they can be done well and there is something satisfying on those planets to look at, including safari type content which would suggest firearms of some type.

Concerning the deployment priority it would make more sense to release legs first, since the game already has a vast number of assets with breathable atmospheres within them eg. ships and stations that would allow for further testing prior to adding some kind of extended O2 supply via an EVA pack.

Once we have a backpack, with more than a few minutes of air we might be able to consider leaving the ship or SRV to engage with wrecks and buildings like Dav's Hope on the planets we can already access, and perhaps be equipped with tools that allow interfacing with locked doors and interior data consoles.

Support for the Mac has already been dropped due to it's inability to render the new planetary graphics in Horizons and if the consoles are the current bottleneck holding up more advanced content it would make even more sense to hold back atmospherics until the next generation of PS/XB are up to the challenge.

Consider also that work is being done on various different aspects of the game simultaneously. There may have only been a small team working on the Holo-Me, which feels like a definite precursor to legs, it may have taken them two years to build the framework, with more people added to finalise integration.

There may have been a couple of people developing the new commodities market from day one, and it may still be ongoing, with a project manager deciding when something is near enough to completion for a few more coders and testers to be put on it to duplicate the basic framework across all goods types.

If FDev do have a somewhat mobile test team that can be re-purposed as particular sub-projects near completion, as you'd expect since finished things don't need testing again until something is updated, it would seem logical that many things could easily be simmering at once, with a bigger picture in mind.

When you consider FDev's feedback that ships and stations were specifically designed with walking around inside them in mind from day zero, why is it so difficult for people to get a grip on the idea that some things might be almost ready to deploy but on hold pending critical infrastructure for it dropping first?

As I've pointed out many times, we're only what, five or six years into a ten year project? Maybe by the end we'll have access to something significantly more realistic than NMS, with the challenges of low gravity and recoil physics properly integrated into a FPS that goes WAY beyond a fixed at 1G CoD clone.

Regardless of whether this leak is real or a hoax there really isn't any point reiterating the impatient rhetoric of omg if they don't do X first I'm gonna throw a huge, childish, toys out of the cot tantrum all over the forums because I'm the most important baby in my Universe who MUST have what I want, NAO!

Go to the shop, buy a family bucket of patience and ask for your change in common sense.

Last edited:
I am sure of one thing about this (fake) leak, and that's Frontier will have seen the reaction, seen who reacted and how, AND seen what got support and what didn't, and maybe, just maybe, used that to tweak (but not change) what they are doing just a tiny little bit.

Smells like a hoax. Also base building in ED.... i'm not sure FD want to go down that road. Not unless its meant in the current sense of there being CGs that result in bases being built, player owned bases... well, they are doing fleet carriers, it could be an extension of those. I'm not sure though.

Space legs is a good guess, but could be completely wrong.

The rest of it regarding other games seems quite strange.

My guess is it was written by someone with a reasonable knowledge of ED but not so much knowedge about the other games and just threw in those points to make it look like it was a FD roadmap rather than an ED roadmap.

However, time will tell. Who knows. Maybe it is real. If so, it would be rather bizarre.

Elite IS in maintenance mode...... until late 2020. I know we've gotten used this ever since day 1.. but playing future patches via imagination in your own head is not... really.. playing a game...

So excited that its space legs. Also super excited about planet zoo.. but since jwe was such a hype flop ill just with a small smile see what they come up with. Oh wait. Yeah lets just see what happens with space legs.

I would be bursting with it.. its just frontiers track record over the last 2 years.. the actual output nothing more.. is at the same time checking anything to do with excitement. I was SO excited for JWE... Then frontiers first pass fss debacle plus complete abandonment / silence of the feature.. actually cant do it.

My gut feeling is that Raxxla will be discovered before any of this ends up in the game. ;)

As for building and Elite Dangerous.... there are ways....
D4A4AABDB9FBA763279A33482CD26F07085410A2

6iuyfAZ.png

3F282F1928270A8EB0E5035EEFE00A2A9A5658B9

Last edited:
..., but having the game go full CoD against aliens would be a huge misstep in my opinion. I am not looking for that type of gameplay.
It might be obvious for most, but I have not thought about fighting aliens on foot, at least not until atmospheric landings (and involving other aliens). Most activities rely on human adversaries.
It would make sense to reveal the "new" Thargoids at some point, although they could let them travel in imposing support vehicles forever, never showing their "faces" and let the players imagine whatever they like.

CoD-like "follow the instructions" cinematic missions would be a rather strange departure from the current gameplay, maybe a few tutorial missions to ease players into the concept.

That being said, I don't think this leak is genuine either.

... So excited that its space legs. ...
This comment is something that irks me about this community since day 1 of the kickstarter. Someone starts a rumour, people pick up on it, and then others treat that as fact.
Karrde Sun, you were referring to the "leaked" roadmap with this comment. I'll burst your bubble, it's fake. Don't treat it as real until someone at Frontier, probably Will or Paige, or maybe even Adam Woods, confirm anything about what is coming. They stay silent exactly because of things like this. The moment any of us get a whiff of a rumour we jump on it, and set our expectations higher than we should.

Do I want Atmospheric Landings, Walking Around and lots of other cool features THAT WE KEEP ADDING TO THIS GAME, not Frontier, we do .... of course I want those things, but more than that, I want Frontier to announce those things are coming, and I won't believe it until they announce it.

...snip/ Don't treat it as real until someone at Frontier, probably Will or Paige, or maybe even Adam Woods, confirm anything about what is coming.
How about, "or fail (miserably) to deny it"?

Did you catch the Distant Worlds 2 and the April Update stream? Look what pops up in the comments around 1:04:10 and pay close attention to what Will and Paige say in response after reading it out loud...

FDev staffers are not renowned for their poker faces and Braben's is rubbish! :p

Planet Coaster 2 raise red flags to me, why would they already be working on two, when there still so much potential to be built on.

Plus another oddity is that Sony and Frontier team up to get ghostbusters into Planet Coaster and no other projects. Seem a bit weird to me, especially as Universal license Jurassic park to Frontier an alliance other properties to frontier for planet coaster.

Jurassic Park survival game make sense given the ending of the last film.

Yeah the PC2 is the most throbbing oddity for me. (Not that I can't see FDev doing it, but it does seem a low ball strategy, and a bit fraught with market-flooding issues. Only thing that could swing it for me is if they've really pushed on their park tech with other ongoing work & could really amp up the functionality)

Ghost Busters mini-franchising also does seem a bit off / odd now you mention it. I guess something like that could be a spin-off from a relationship with the studio etc, for a smaller IP. (Or just a cheeky 'take' on the theme perhaps ;)). Will be interesting to see if anything that shape pops up...

Last edited:
The sarcasm is strong with this one.
I was trying to emphasis the point that Frontier don't raise our expectations, we do.

Yes, I do accept that when Frontier announce something, then they raise our expectations, but 99% of the time, we do it to ourselves.

Ahh ok, fair play :D

How about, "or fail (miserably) to deny it"?

Did you catch the Distant Worlds 2 and the April Update stream? Look what pops up in the comments around 1:04:10 and pay close attention to what Will and Paige say in response after reading it out loud...

FDev staffers are not renowned for their poker faces and Braben's is rubbish! :p

Oooh, that's a goof. Didn't catch that when I watched it.

The knowing glance, the over-emphasis on "the future", and tripping over the year. Juicy.

I stopped watching or paying attention to anything by OA a long time ago.

Yamiks is at least funny, but they are both just hunting for likes.

I think I will stick to watching and taking my info from updates from Frontier.

I wouldn't be suprised if it's true, with the mentality of gamers today, which they preffer to dress up their avatars and buy pinky/golden hello kitty paintjobs for their guns and outfits over actual content game developers tend to build their games around microtransactions.

So spacelegs/FPS and basebuilding seems believeable;
-existing outfits, nameplates and paintjobs in FD store
-so this will expand store content with guns paintjobs, stations nameplates and shiny billboards and all kind of decorations for it.

I don't have anything against it if they deliver some basic atmosphere planet landings with it, otherwise i'll just skip it.
Not interested in FPS or basebuilding!

Top Bottom