Roadmap leaked??

So wait, are we complaining about FDev failing to extort money out of us like other publishers for loot boxes, ships and power creep gear or whining about a haul of free grapes that won't juice themselves?

Five or six years of FREE [redacted] is a problem!? What drugs are you smoking?
Come on that is weasel words and not what I said at all. The last few dlcs have been free because there has not been enough in there to warrant a £40 expansion. IF FD had been confident there was they would have been paid for. I want paid for DLC because once FD charge for it then there is a certain expectation of content.

That said..... Given a choice of cosmetics locked behind a store like we have OR everything earnable with in game currency and by doing in game tasks to unlock skins BUT allowing limited credits bought from the store for cash, like detailed in KSer, personally I would prefer it. I get why FD went the way they did but it removed a lot of potential gameplay from the game

Last edited:

Deleted member 38366

D
At this point, I couldn't care less what appears in a roadmap. Even if it was official or confirmed.

The 1 Billion Credit question to me is only one, regardless of content : will it be any good - or will it be some bug-infested, untested and half-baked MVP stuff?

To me, that's what makes all the difference - and we only get to see it after it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:
Come on that is weasel words. The last few dlcs have been free because there has not been enough in there to warrant a £40 expansion. IF FD had been confident there was they would have been paid for. I want paid for DLC because once FD charge for it then there is a certain expectation of content.

That said..... Given a choice of cosmetics locked behind a store like we have OR everything earnable with in game currency and by doing in game tasks to unlock skins BUT allowing limited credits bought from the store for cash, like detailed in KSer, personally I would prefer it. I get why FD went the way they did but it removed a lot of potential gameplay from the game
Meh, expectations typically lead to disappointment... (and yet more forum screeching)

At this point, I couldn't care less what appears in a roadmap. Even if it was official or confirmed.

The 1 Billion Credit question to me is only one, regardless of content : will it be any good - or will it be some bug-infested, untested and half-backed MVP stuff?

To me, that's what makes all the difference - and we only get to see it after it's done.

Well, its got me thinking quite a bit.

What good is space legs gonna be if we just get them. What activities will we do once we get them?

I mean oooo walk around your ship or on the ground wont cut it. There has to be some additions, like FPS missions, in combat ship repair is what Id like to see for multicrew.. Probably base building or something close.

At least it wont look like loony tunes, like no mans sky does. I like Elites industrial feel. If this is true and the more you think about it the more awesome it seems. Although I wont be let down if it doesnt happen. But it fits if you think about it.

Well, its got me thinking quite a bit.

What good is space legs gonna be if we just get them. What activities will we do once we get them?

I mean oooo walk around your ship or on the ground wont cut it. There has to be some additions, like FPS missions, in combat ship repair is what Id like to see for multicrew.. Probably base building or something close.

At least it wont look like loony tunes, like no mans sky does. I like Elites industrial feel. If this is true and the more you think about it the more awesome it seems. Although I wont be let down if it doesnt happen. But it fits if you think about it.
FREE PREVIEWS of just what's possible in the COBRA engine...

Go look at what's ALREADY available in Jurassic World and Planet Coaster ;)

I gotta laugh at those talking about people having no patience and wanting things now now now.
Perhaps valid a few years ago but game came out in 2014 and we have had 1 paid expansion in 2015, one which was strongly intimated to be out 12 months and then followed by the next paid expansion.

The expansion per year was pure forum theorycrafting*. FDEV's take was always if its technically feasible, financially viable and worth doing.

They also altered the season model after Horizons due to the "WAH" factor and we've had Beyond for free since, which was well received by most players. We still don't know how the new DLC release will work.

*that's why having faith in the super obvious troll leak is a bad idea

FREE PREVIEWS of just what's possible in the COBRA engine...

Go look at what's ALREADY available in Jurassic World and Planet Coaster ;)
Ok, couldn't resist the urge to quote myself on this one...

I'm of the opinion that FDev are actually a LOT smarter than the current ED player base give them credit for, because they're failing to notice the simultaneous development pathways in concurrent franchises. Instead of charging ED players for incremental DLC they're making healthy profits on compatible IPs...

JWE IS atmospheric planets, base building, and a FPS, with crowds of NPCs milling about in public spaces. All they need to do is pay a small IP licensing fee to themselves (a tax deduction), pull across the assets they've already made a nice little profit on developing and reskin them for the 36th century...

Honestly people, if you can't see what's going on you're either blind, or deliberately ignorant.

We've reached the point in the thread were people are choosing to believe it or not based on their own personal preferences for what they want in the games future.

Me im still amazed that something from 4chan has leaked onto the forum.
Well it’s not like there’s anything else to talk about.

Honestly people, if you can't see what's going on you're either blind, or deliberately ignorant.
Yeah. No.

JWE IS atmospheric planets? No, surely it's static assets not procedural generation in the way Elite would require.

and a FPS? No, no more than the SRV is. Switching on a 1st person camera position is quite simple. The gameplay isn't, and the rework of assets and textures at that level to make it work in first person.

You're making huge leaps here, and insulting others who don't agree (and I don't) isn't going to help your argument.

Yeah. No.

JWE IS atmospheric planets? No, surely it's static assets not procedural generation in the way Elite would require.

and a FPS? No, no more than the SRV is. Switching on a 1st person camera position is quite simple. The gameplay isn't, and the rework of assets and textures at that level to make it work in first person.

You're making huge leaps here, and insulting others who don't agree (and I don't) isn't going to help your argument.
Yeah it’s a huge reach to think that JWE represents any kind of meaningful “tech” that would translate over to Elite. It’s all bespoke content and tiles, not procedural. I don’t think there’s anything groundbreaking underneath those dinosaur models and grass textures that is suddenly going to make Elites content better anytime soon.

Yeah. No.

lol, did you miss the guy in the chopper firing tranquiliser darts at the dinosaurs, with a hand held rifle? What do you think is the first step in automating procedurally generated landscapes, weather, flora, fauna and buildings for use on planet surfaces? It's been built, tested and successfully sold in JWE.

Next steps: Take the basics, break them up into a modular system so it assembles itself and deploy...

Note: People screech ED is already dead. Pointing out a lack of business acumen is hardly an insult.

Why does space legs mean FPS? And why would you want to build a base and not be able to walk around it? With the suoercruise assists taking away the need to be in your seat and AAD suddenly legs of some type don't seem to be that farfetched. Either way as long as it adds some content for those loooooooooonnnggg SC flights out In the black (instead of me turning on Netflix for the next 20/25 minutes) I don't really care how it's implemented. And Atmos landings? Ive gotten my SRV stuck on tiny rock more than once so trees ect might prove to be our scarab ATV's (😂) arch enemy

The expansion per year was pure forum theorycrafting*. FDEV's take was always if its technically feasible, financially viable and worth doing.

They also altered the season model after Horizons due to the "WAH" factor and we've had Beyond for free since, which was well received by most players. We still don't know how the new DLC release will work.

*that's why having faith in the super obvious troll leak is a bad idea
I am on phone with awful internet but this is false. Horizons when 1st launched was split with date of Q1, Q2, Q3 and then final dlc was not dated but logics would dictate Q4. Honestly anyone saying the current release schedule and gap between paid dlcs was always planned are either fooling themselves or trying to change hiatory

The 1 Billion Credit question to me is only one, regardless of content : will it be any good - or will it be some bug-infested, untested and half-baked MVP stuff?

Yes.

Yes, it will be.

Let's face it, when they release an expansion, such as Horizons, a bit at a time every update includes new bugs.
Leaving FDev alone for 18 months to create an update, it seems likely that we'll simply end-up with a whole bunch of bugs appearing at once.

I said that, last year, Beyond was a bit like a kid ignoring their homework all through the summer holiday and then rushing it on the last weekend.
This is more like a kid being off sick for 6 months and hoping that when they come back they'll have done all their school projects to the required standard with no guidance or tuition.

lol, did you miss the guy in the chopper firing tranquiliser darts at the dinosaurs, with a hand held rifle? What do you think is the first step in automating procedurally generated landscapes, weather, flora, fauna and buildings for use on planet surfaces? It's been built, tested and successfully sold in JWE.

Next steps: Take the basics, break them up into a modular system so it assembles itself and deploy...

Note: People screech ED is already dead. Pointing out a lack of business acumen is hardly an insult.

Those who has been hanging around the forums long enough, know that this discussion is dejà vú, in 2014, 2015 and 2016 I remember these discussions. FD already know how to make an FPS, The Outsider, remember? They also know how to do animals, PG and a lot of other stuff.
We already knew back in 2014 that there are animations of the pilot getting in and out of the cockpit, we know that floating around in our ships are the expected way FD we let us “walk” around inside our ships.

What we don’t know is when all this goodness will be released, nor do we know what the actual gameplay will be, I got no doubt if they can do it, my question is more when they do it, will it be another bolt on half baked solution or will it actually be a good integrated part of the game.

Those who has been hanging around the forums long enough, know that this discussion is dejà vú, in 2014, 2015 and 2016 I remember these discussions. FD already know how to make an FPS, The Outsider, remember? They also know how to do animals, PG and a lot of other stuff.
We already knew back in 2014 that there are animations of the pilot getting in and out of the cockpit, we know that floating around in our ships are the expected way FD we let us “walk” around inside our ships.

What we don’t know is when all this goodness will be released, nor do we know what the actual gameplay will be, I got no doubt if they can do it, my question is more when they do it, will it be another bolt on half baked solution or will it actually be a good integrated part of the game.
The Outsider was never completed though. Did you ever see a gameplay demo for it?

The Outsider was never completed though. Did you ever see a gameplay demo for it?

Not completed is not equal to no experience gained, to answer your question I don’t remember, it’s such a long time ago.
This old thread maybe contain some clues.

Top Bottom