Make Hyperspace Dethrottle not require a module

I really like all the quality of life changes this update, but one thing i am upset over is that the Hyperspace Dethrottle, the only thing i am interested in, requires you to install the entire module.

All this setting does, is press exactly one key for you when you jump. That's it.
Its functionality is completely mirrored by either

1. pulling your throttle way back every time you jump or
2. pressing a key you bound to "set throttle to 0%" every time you jump

So, for this, i find it really unnecessary that i would have to install the module, just for the game to execute one key press for me.
Especially because i'm getting real tired of crashing my face into black holes, as an explorer.
But, i do sometimes forget to control my ship during the loading screen.... which as you can see, already sounds extremely weird.
Please make it functionality available without a module, thank you.

Last edited:
You may want that to be the default, but I certainly don't.
99% of the time I'm playing this would be a hindrance and not helpful.
I do not want to automatically stop when I'm traveling through space and waste time throttling up again just because someone else is falling asleep at the stick.

You may want that to be the default, but I certainly don't.
99% of the time I'm playing this would be a hindrance and not helpful.
I do not want to automatically stop when I'm traveling through space and waste time throttling up again just because someone else is falling asleep at the stick.

I meant default functionality as in it is available without the module.

I really like all the quality of life changes this update, but one thing i am upset over is that the Hyperspace Dethrottle, the only thing i am interested in, requires you to install the entire module.

All this setting does, is press exactly one key for you when you jump. That's it.

So, for this, i find it really unnecessary that i would have to install the module, just for the game to execute one key press for me.
Especially because i'm getting real tired of crashing my face into black holes, as an explorer.
But, i do sometimes forget to control my ship during the loading screen.... which as you can see, already sounds extremely weird.
But you’d still like to have the extra module slot right?

It's quality of life feature and you gain an extra module slot.
QoL features shouldn't be modules. What's next an "Advanced Bookmarking Module"?
I mean even with Fdev giving extra module spaces for them, that just give more credence to the Slot/Power and Module creep debate and just keeps kicking the can down the road till the unintended side effects of all these QoL modules leads to... I was about to say unforeseen consequences, but actually they are quite foreseeable, obvious really and easily preventable.

Honestly, while I appreciate the extra slots for exploration, I realize that perhaps the creep folks are right in that this might cause more issues then it solves. And I for one am willing to really take a second look for the health of the game.

Last edited:

You know that you can just bind a keybind to <Key> and press when the hyper drive is engaged

Top Bottom