Yeah, I’m not disagreeing with that as being a model of how rogue planets are formed.

The issue with it however is that for the galaxy to properly incorporate rogue planets produced that way, the full procgen up to 3300 would have had to be done for every system in the galaxy prior to launch. Now I might have got this wrong, but I’ve always been of the understanding that the full procgen of a system only happens when a cmdr first enters it. (Happy to be corrected on that of course!)

So to create a hypothetical situation, system A is entered for the first time. The full system procgen is done and a rogue planet is expelled from the system as part of that - does it suddenly get added to the Galmap? Or what if it’s trajectory would put it in a system which has already previously been entered and fully generated (with no rogue planet)?

But anyway, that model and what I was talking about aren’t mutually exclusive. 🙂

What I said still stands - there’s not really any other option. Assuming the amount and distribution of the source material is sufficient for gravitational clumping to occur but not sufficient for a star to form, then all that’s left is planets and smaller bodies. - although there might always be an effective lower limit on body size due to mass distribution in the source material, which could potentially preclude the above.

It’s kind of academic anyway, as what counts is whether (and if so how) the Stellar Forge has built that stuff in.

Having said all the above, another possible explanation for the RoguePlanet star category being there is so that FD can manually add them to the galaxy if/when they get discovered in Real Life.

Would be a good thing to ask about if anyone meets or knows Dr Ross, or if there’s an appropriate livestream!

Ah, we’re talking at cross-purposes. I thought the conversation had digressed onto how rogue planets might be formed IRL, but from the above you’re still talking about their appearance in-game. My bad!

In-game I imagine Stellar Forge would have a process to generate a random number of them as exotic star systems and insert them into random positions in the galaxy, presumably as an A? Type system (though there might be a dedicated naming method for them, we haven’t tried looking for that!) because of their low mass.

Supercruising into a permit locked region won't do anything, I can assure you. 🙂 Though having said that, there might have been a stealth change, and we can never be 100% sure until someone tries it after a release! 😉

Tempted to try it out, since im just at the edge of such said zones, mapping the systems around it, so i could easily stear my ship in the direction after i passed the last planet of the system im in and let the ship fly towards the closest star that is in the permit locked area to see if it actually get there or gets blown up, diverted elsewhere or stopped dead in space...

Since i didnt saw anything about it here on the forums im left wondering if it has been tried and what results came out of it.

Tempted to try it out, since im just at the edge of such said zones, mapping the systems around it, so i could easily stear my ship in the direction after i passed the last planet of the system im in and let the ship fly towards the closest star that is in the permit locked area to see if it actually get there or gets blown up, diverted elsewhere or stopped dead in space...

Since i didnt saw anything about it here on the forums im left wondering if it has been tried and what results came out of it.

Travelling by SC from one system towards another has been tried numerous times in-game by various people. Nothing happens because if reach to the point where the second system should be you’ll find it won’t exist. In ED a system is “instantiated” during the “hyperspace jump” . I’m sure you can google ED instances/instantiation for more details

Yesterday we discovered a new kind of family entertainment, and it is quest room. Two adults and two daughters, 15 and 16 years old. We were in Berlin, click here. We got there occasionally, first, we wanted to visit a different quest, but something did not work there. So we did not have much choice and agreed to go where they could accept us. The younger daughter has an experience of harry Potter quest, but for us, it was absolutely new. We should admit that maybe we are new to it and cannot evaluate it properly, but it was very impressing. It is a great idea for family rest and just for leisure time.
Wrong everything mate

Ah, we’re talking at cross-purposes. I thought the conversation had digressed onto how rogue planets might be formed IRL, but from the above you’re still talking about their appearance in-game. My bad!

In-game I imagine Stellar Forge would have a process to generate a random number of them as exotic star systems and insert them into random positions in the galaxy, presumably as an A? Type system (though there might be a dedicated naming method for them, we haven’t tried looking for that!) because of their low mass.
Ah, yeah, I was talking both IRL and in-game. 🙂

With the stuff I was talking about, I was thinking of how the Stellar Forge models RL, and how rogue planets might be generated by it as part of that without the need for any additional processes. Can’t really see any reason why it wouldn’t work hypothetically, but then that’s still very much speculation as it’s dependent on details of how the SF works. 🙂

Anyway, like I say it’ll make for a good question to put to someone with the relevant knowledge in FD if the opportunity arises! 😀

Something else I have not seen posted is an accurate definition of “fernweh”. The codex describes it as a desire to see what one has never seen. Yet the true definition is a desire to travel to a place far away from home. It’s actuslly the opposite of homesick. We know that Raxxla is often heavily coupled with misdirection so this could be an instance of such. Secondly, I think that the signal detected near the core is still one of the best threads to investigate since very little to none has been resolved.

What is meaning of fernweh?
“Fernweh” is a German word for “farsickness,” the opposite of homesickness. ... There's a German word for it: fernweh. It comes from fern (meaning “far”) and weh (defined as “pain,” “misery” or “woe”). Fernweh, then, is “farsickness” or a “longing for far-off places,” especially those you've not yet visited.May 8, 2018
https://www.nathab.com › blog › fernwe...
"Fernweh": A Farsickness or Longing for Unseen Places

Yea, I would say that's an accurate description of us.

Just for completeness the English translation for fernweh as given by Google is wanderlust. The antonym of fernweh is heimweh. On the off chance there's a connection there.

Just for completeness the English translation for fernweh as given by Google is wanderlust. The antonym of fernweh is heimweh. On the off chance there's a connection there.
Fern is far, heim is home. Yep. Probably some sort of clue too crazy for us to understand lol

UPDATE: For those working on Operation Less than Three

With my limited time in-game, I've been focusing on performing only "Founder or Elite" (FoE) recommended ranked missions from Shinrarta Dezhra \ Jameson's Memorial station. I've only completed 20 missions to-date, without a duplicate. It's only a small sample, but seems promising.

Of note:
  • Missions always seem to be transporting non-leathal or helpful goods (Agri-Medicines, Evacuation Shelters, Basic Medicines, Uranium?, Consumer Tech, Performance Enhancers, Reactive Armour)
  • They pay way more than is needed I.e. $6M for transporting 180 things to station in one hop, and 2,000 LS away from system entry point.
  • A single faction may have multiple Founder or Elite (FoE) missions, even to the same location, however each one has a different 'goods' to be delivered.
  • If another mission for the same faction appears, with the same goods to be delivered, to the same location as a previously completed FoE mission, it isn't ranked as FoE. It may appear as Elite, but not FoE.
  • When I completed the FoE missions for the current favourite factions of The Dark Wheel, I got completely left-field missions for factions that I hadn't seen in a month or two.

So nothing concrete yet, but I'll keep plugging away, and keeping track of data. I just thought if anyone else is doing something similar they may have noted interesting things like this too. Remember, this is a work in progress, any data helping prove/disprove my findings is always welcome!

Fly Dangerously!
/ Ra.

If anybody is still wondering I can confirm that Trikora is not a planet in Vega, in Frontier or First Encounters.

Tracy's Havan and Fort Dixon are there, but there is no moon .

Vega-FFE.png

Can someone smarter than me apply this key to the call sign code from that video I was on about earlier....

Those are dynasty expedition satellites. The translations are in the video descriptions.

Interestingly, though, 'fernweh' is the same amount of characters as 'hexedit' and both appear in quotations (not in game, so cant confirm, but afaik hexedit used single quotes, while fernweh used double). There was never any reason to think 'hexedit' was to be used as one of the three fields in Vigenere cipher, but if we must, then 'fernweh' is a much more viable entry for one of the other fields than 'raxxla' or 'kwatis' (vigenere has equal length for key, cipher, and plaintext. Cipher and plain MUST be equal, key could be truncated or expanded by repetition). I've tried a few different Vigenere variants in both directions using these two words, but haven't found any cool results yet.

Edit: i think there is probably some encryption fun to be had on the search for raxxla, but i personally dont think use of vigenere is implied by the use of quotes around words. I think if there is encrypted info, we will have strong indication that a puzzle actually exists. Essentially, you can make an encryption puzzle around any two strings, so you have to make it 'a bit obvious' or else people will find patterns in everything, even where they aren't significant.

Last edited:
Those are dynasty expedition satellites. The translations are in the video descriptions.

Interestingly, though, 'fernweh' is the same amount of characters as 'hexedit' and both appear in quotations (not in game, so cant confirm, but afaik hexedit used single quotes, while fernweh used double). There was never any reason to think 'hexedit' was to be used as one of the three fields in Vigenere cipher, but if we must, then 'fernweh' is a much more viable entry for one of the other fields than 'raxxla' or 'kwatis' (vigenere has equal length for key, cipher, and plaintext. Cipher and plain MUST be equal, key could be truncated or expanded by repetition). I've tried a few different Vigenere variants in both directions using these two words, but haven't found any cool results yet.

Edit: i think there is probably some encryption fun to be had on the search for raxxla, but i personally dont think use of vigenere is implied by the use of quotes around words. I think if there is encrypted info, we will have strong indication that a puzzle actually exists. Essentially, you can make an encryption puzzle around any two strings, so you have to make it 'a bit obvious' or else people will find patterns in everything, even where they aren't significant.
Probably searching for patterns that are not there, but "Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars" is also in double quotes. Run that through a Beaufort cipher with "FERNWEH" as the keyword. Now take the results and stick it into Google Translate. It detects it as Igbo (Nigerian) and translates it to: "Welcome to Zyonhutjaq Monnz"

Zyon is used as a synonym for Jerusalem.

A couple pages ago, somebody was asking where Jerusalem would be in space (I cant remember their lead) but they got knocked down with "In Jerusalem " and left it.

So I will ask myself - Where would Jerusalem (or Zyon) be in the Milky Way? Any ideas?

Hexagons tessellate really nicely, which is why they tend to show up a lot in
It’s because I fly the Thargoid ship. If you look close at the background, you can see similarities with the design of the UA and the Thargoid sites.

Those green hexagons are cute, aren't they. ;)

It's nice that the Thargoids used drop shadows too. I suspect they use Comic Sans.

Hexagons tessellate. That's why everyone/everything loves them.

Probably searching for patterns that are not there, but "Princess Astrophel and the Spiralling Stars" is also in double quotes. Run that through a Beaufort cipher with "FERNWEH" as the keyword. Now take the results and stick it into Google Translate. It detects it as Igbo (Nigerian) and translates it to: "Welcome to Zyonhutjaq Monnz"

Zyon is used as a synonym for Jerusalem.

A couple pages ago, somebody was asking where Jerusalem would be in space (I cant remember their lead) but they got knocked down with "In Jerusalem " and left it.

So I will ask myself - Where would Jerusalem (or Zyon) be in the Milky Way? Any ideas?
Of course, Fernweh is the German for Wanderlust, so if we take the DW toast, and put it through the same process, but use the German variant of the cyper and then pop it into Google Translate, you get:

"It is the nlbic acid glycol sulphate onsd juice kvylve kj nfprkeiz! I'm not a fan of this movie, so wzear vk xyr ziluijg rspi! Xyr leyjrk'f cvpjj, liquid pvaii'f ssl, fru gje fjeiaern tj fhn zhlesbjh ojeigo. Xv Weokhe!"

Interesting that some of it translates. Probably coincidence.....or maybe we are on the right lines, but just not quite there?

Top Bottom