Could Frontier please demonstrate how to use the FSS enjoyably?

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
You need to read what I wrote... moving from system to system using the FSS or ADS is exploring. You really need to expand your thinking beyond your very small definition of what you think exploration is.
Was only going by the dictionary definition.

Using your definition, you must think Captain Cook is not an explorer because he didn't traverse every square mile of Australia to find all the geological POIs? :)
Ere, nope. Never said that or implied that. That makes me no sense at all.

Ere, nope. Never said that or implied that. That makes me no sense at all.

You seem to be getting befuddled. You said it's not exploring unless you travel within the system. The analogy I used is that Cook didn't travel within the country so by your definition he's not exploring. I can't make it any clearer.

And I will not be responding to any more of your drivel. And you still need to apologise to others for saying they were lying. And with that I'm off to bed... have fun. :)

You seem to be getting befuddled. You said it's not exploring unless you travel within the system. The analogy I used is that Cook didn't travel within the country so by your definition he's not exploring. I can't make it any clearer.
Cook did travel within the country, but not much. But he did travel to explore the earth. He couldn't do it by sitting on his backside back in the UK.

And I will not be responding to any more of your drivel. And you still need to apologise to others for saying they were lying. And with that I'm off to bed... have fun. :)
The only drivel is your own. You say things that are ridiculous and don't make any sense.

I stick by what I said. It's a lie and all you are doing is trying to justify that lie when you can't.

Last edited:
When using your definition. Either it both is, or neither is, but the whole discussion is weak as lemon pie left in a putrid puddle (I'm trying random phrases to see which will stick).

P1:But with the FSS you don't even need to move in SC to find out stuff about the system! It doesn't matter if you find everything, if you find something than that already counts!"
P2:"You could find out stuff with the ADS too without moving."
P1:"But with the FSS you can get to elite and put your name on things without moving!"
P2:"The same was possible before the FSS."
P1:"Aha! Got you!"
P2:"Huh?"

Ok one last one...
I have no idea why you're talking about irrelevancies like putting your name on things and getting elite.

Travelling from system to system in a region of space, and either honking with the ADS or using the FSS to obtain data, is exploring, by definition. It's irrefutable. Bizarre that you're trying to argue that this is somehow weak. Hooroo.

Ok one last one...
I have no idea why you're talking about irrelevancies like putting your name on things and getting elite.

Travelling from system to system in a region of space, and either honking with the ADS or using the FSS to obtain data, is exploring, by definition. It's irrefutable. Bizarre that you're trying to argue that this is somehow weak. Hooroo.

By moving from system to system is exploring, exploring the galaxy. But you can't explore a system by sitting on your backside looking at a star or using the ADS or FSS. Most people are not traveling when using those, so by the dictionary definition you are not exploring.

Last edited:
Ok one last one...

Because you aren't the only participant in the discussion:
I said very explicitly that there is now 'no need to SC in exploration and still get tags and credits unless you want to fly to the body to map it.' Just because that's not exploration according to you does not make it a lie - it's absolutely true. And you can quite comfortably and easily reach exploration Elite in this game by doing just that, which I would suggest counts as exploration in the context of the game.

It was a statement that applies equally well to FSS and pre-FSS exploration, and as such is pointless.

If both are, then the term has no value in a discussion. It serves no argument or point. If you define both X and Y as Z, than both X and Y are Z. That is indeed true. Fascinating, really.

After all, no one even asked them if they wanted to be born, so they’re entitled to everything being handed to them because they exist, with an apology for them having to be here at all.

DR3g3ppVoAAQo_E.jpg

It was a statement that applies equally well to FSS and pre-FSS exploration, and as such is pointless.

The point of the statement, and the post, was to point out to a different poster that FD's silence or otherwise on any given subject is no indication at all as to whether something or nothing will happen regarding the subject.

The point of the statement, and the post, was to point out to a different poster that FD's silence or otherwise on any given subject is no indication at all as to whether something or nothing will happen regarding the subject.

Given that FD very much has not been silent on the topic of the FSS, I am not sure how that is relevant either.

Given that FD very much has not been silent on the topic of the FSS, I am not sure how that is relevant either.

I'm not aware of any comment since the initial announcement and livestream. I think you're stretching the meaning of 'very much' there Ian.

Happy to be corrected if you can point me at any relevant FDev comment after the end of the beta.

Nobody every claimed honking was gameplay. However, it opened up the gameplay of flying your ship around a system to explore it.
And to me FSS is neither enjoyable nor appropriate gameplay for ED - FD missed the mark by a wide margin. That being said, it is here and arguably should be only improved and not removed. FD should also undo their error in judgement with regards to removing the gameplay facilitated by the old ADS mechanic, arguably they broke their own rule book regarding game changes by removing the gameplay options.

And to me FSS is neither enjoyable nor appropriate gameplay for ED - FD missed the mark by a wide margin. That being said, it is here and arguably should be only improved and not removed. FD should also undo their error in judgement with regards to removing the gameplay facilitated by the old ADS mechanic, arguably they broke their own rule book regarding game changes by removing the gameplay options.

The FSS supporters want suggestions for improvements to the FSS, not requests that the ADS is brought back, so, in a spirit of cooperation I propose the following improvement to the FSS.

An optional 'FSS Booster' module that extends the capabilities of the FSS - the same principle as the FSD Booster - by adding automatic mapping functionality to the initial honk. This would populate the System Map with images of system bodies and show selectable 'Unexplored' items in the Nav Panel.

So the evil ADS doesn't come back and the FSS gets even better!

The FSS supporters want suggestions for improvements to the FSS, not requests that the ADS is brought back, so, in a spirit of cooperation I propose the following improvement to the FSS.

An optional 'FSS Booster' module that extends the capabilities of the FSS - the same principle as the FSD Booster - by adding automatic mapping functionality to the initial honk. This would populate the System Map with images of system bodies and show selectable 'Unexplored' items in the Nav Panel.

Aha, and now FD can claim the FSS is more realistic as well!

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom