ANNOUNCEMENT Lavecon 2019 Content Reveal

Thanks for the useful advice........ i'll rephrase "a new way to buy cosmetics" that may allow you to get them in game but honestly you think months of effort is worth that???

This release is bordering on a joke from a developer who is hell bent on not communicating
I have to ask what you were expecting? We knew the first couple of updates this year were to be aimed at new players. That's what has happened. And in addition they are sorting other QOL issues - ie making the skins better, and allowing us to earn them IN GAME (as often requested).

And then theres the December update.

So again .... what were you expecting, and why?

Dude, reading comprehension issues? The changes are that you can now earn them in-game, and that you can buy the single items instead of having to buy packs. It is quite literally the opposite of 'milking the customers'.

Dear lord...
Maybe he doesn't want to actually play.....

Wonder how many hours I'll have to play each week to get the alphabet bobblehead set....

I have to ask what you were expecting? We knew the first couple of updates this year were to be aimed at new players. That's what has happened. And in addition they are sorting other QOL issues - ie making the skins better, and allowing us to earn them IN GAME (as often requested).

And then theres the December update.

So again .... what were you expecting, and why?

That's twice now I've seen someone comment on the skins somehow being made "better," but I don't see any reference to it in the OP?

With regard to the Arx points, welcome to the Console World, CMDRs Masterrace. We've had this issue for awhile...and it is frustrating. Having to "buy" another currency to then "buy" an item is irritating on two levels. One, why not just take my money? And two, the Frontier Points always came in bundles that never really lined up with shop prices. Kind of like the whole "why are there 10 hot dogs in a pack, but they only sell buns in packages of 8" thing. So you navigate it as closely as you can and snag things when they go on sale, or buy something you really don't want but hey, you've got 100 Frontier Points left so you might as well. You always feel as if you've left money on the table. So for the first time in two years, I see this as a step back for the PC crowd....I would have prefered that the console group could have gained parity with the PC people and just spent our money, but I imagine it has something to do with M$ and Sony not allowing that.

Other than that, Fleet Carriers for Christmas. Ho, ho, hype!

Last edited:
That's twice now I've seen someone comment on the skins somehow being made "better," but I don't see any reference to it in the OP?
End of the Arx FAQ post...

Will the team be doing anything to improve the quality of Paint Jobs/Ship Kits?
Actually, yes! We've been making improvements to the Paint Job render system over the course of this year. New Paint Jobs will all use this improved system, meaning we are able to offer sharper, more detailed paint schemes than ever before. Furthermore, we are working through our back catalog to update Paint Jobs we feel could benefit from a touch up.

Can i buy a specific amount of ARX credits, exactly enough to buy a specific item that i might be interested in, or will ARX credit be in set bundle amounts £5/£10/£20 Etc?

If im only interested in a £2 item, at the moment i can just pay £2 for that item in the current front store. But with ARX am i now forced to spend £5 to get the £2 that i need for that one item that im interested in and £3 goes to waste.

Will the current front store option remain? buy direct, no ARX points?

How Easy can these ARX points be earned in Game... example from most games that use this type of system.... £2 takes a very very long time. Encouragement to go buy GEMS and avoid the grind.

I like the idea of earning in game, but not so much if it means im paying in advance for something i may never buy.

Let's not forget, they're probably very exited about their new store.
Thanks for letting me buy all those packs I only use one or two colors from.

Sheesh, so much about focusing on bug fixing.

Can i buy a specific amount of ARX credits, exactly enough to buy a specific item that i might be interested in, or will ARX credit be in set bundle amounts £5/£10/£20 Etc?

If im only interested in a £2 item, at the moment i can just pay £2 for that item in the current front store. But with ARX am i now forced to spend £5 to get the £2 that i need for that one item that im interested in and £3 goes to waste.
If this is "creating parity" across all platforms, then the answer is a frustrating "no." I've often been in that exact position as an XBox CMDR. I only want the one skin that's 100 Frontier Points, but the cheapest/smallest bundle they sell is 500. So I pay $5 when I only wanted to pay $1....but there is the added surprise benefit of occasionally forgetting you had a point balance and treating yourself to something that "feels free" even though it isn't.

Don't worry guys, knowing Frontier there will be a way to get tons of Arx due some bug or exploit. In a week we'll have the entire store.

On the other hand it possibly will be the ONLY thing that will ever get proper QA.

I'm really happy for new player experience though. It was really needed from the start. Now it is a bit too late after we lost thousands of players to initial faceplant on the game difficult, but it is still better to have it than not.

I'm realistic about Arx earning in game. My estimate is of 200+ missions (or equivalent of time spent) per paintjob. We all know how "adjusted" the Power Play and Navy ranking was, so this most likely will be similar.

So, overall it's a decent small update but not really game changing. Come on, we all know fleet carriers will be buggy for the first 6 months at last.

Ive been waiting for in game earned paint jobs for awhile it would be even more awesome if like you rescue say 3 thousand escape pods you get a search and rescue skin one can dream
A good idea. I imagine once the system is in, it might be quite simple to do, where just now there's no system to handle it.

If this is "creating parity" across all platforms, then the answer is a frustrating "no." I've often been in that exact position as an XBox CMDR. I only want the one skin that's 100 Frontier Points, but the cheapest/smallest bundle they sell is 500. So I pay $5 when I only wanted to pay $1....but there is the added surprise benefit of occasionally forgetting you had a point balance and treating yourself to something that "feels free" even though it isn't.

So its essentially a pre-pay system. Cash up front.

I'd like to see the current front store mechanic remain and ARX points be an addition, but not the only option.

Top Bottom