You have a way to go, but don’t worry. The triple Elite “requirement” was just the hypothesis of a livestreamer three years ago which people bought into. Many people of triple Elite rank have searched & found no advantage. It originally arose out of the 1984 novella which accompanied the original game and said you wouldn’t find Raxxla unless you were Elite; that novella has been retconned out by FD & is not canon for Elite Dangerous, so that requirement is bogus.
Join in the search NOW, the Quest for Raxxla needs you! 🙂

This thread has stopped making sense to me. 🤔

To add a little more sense for you: Today I saw a model of the human genome - you know that Helix. I thought, "hey might not spiralling stars be some kind of Helix, too?"

And there we go: Helix Sector is there and I would not really call it explored, at least eddb and Inara wise. Might be a place to have a look. Still fighting whether I'll be out bug hunting in Maia tonight or going over to Helix.

To add a little more sense for you: Today I saw a model of the human genome - you know that Helix. I thought, "hey might not spiralling stars be some kind of Helix, too?"

And there we go: Helix Sector is there and I would not really call it explored, at least eddb and Inara wise. Might be a place to have a look. Still fighting whether I'll be out bug hunting in Maia tonight or going over to Helix.

Oooh!
Spiraling stars. I forgot!

Last night I was flying around a system with a black hole approx 250 kLs from the main star. While doing a fly-by on a gas giant with moons (orbiting the primary) I saw a bright light (star or moon) fly from over my left shoulder, out in front of me and then curve away to the left again - probably lasted a couple of seconds.

Later, I was flying towards an L-class star orbiting the BH. As the BH passed out of view to my left, the L-class in front of me started to spiral - I still had the star targeted and the red dot moved way out of the reticule. I shifted course slightly and it curled back to where it was supposed to be.

Now system objects are not supposed to be affected by BH lensing - only the skybox is - but I was definitely seeing lensing effects on local bodies, just not when the light sources were behind the BH. I'm assuming it's some kind of weird bug since I couldn't get it to happen again, but it's worth looking out for if you're in a black hole system.

Top Bottom