Notice A statement on cheating in Elite Dangerous.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
That's the disagreement, if they aren't doing what they can to fix this and we don't say anything then they might think we don't mind much and simply ignore the issue. If they are doing what they can then they must be quite incompetent given the size of their company and the time passed.

Well, possibly. It might indeed be the case they are incompetent. In which case, live with it.

Fdev have know about cheating for 2yrs, this has ruined a good game in my opinion just so some get their jollies off feeding their egos in 1 sided combat customising their ships to infinity. Cancel their accounts full stop, no warnings, just permanent ban, we dont need players like that in a game full stop and that alone will send out a message to anybody wanting to use it even for a short time to receive the first lesser ban. There are many players who have spent lots of money and years climbing the ladder in this game only to get completely put off by the cheats. Protect your investment and the players investment in the game and permanent BAN.

What is it exactly your afraid of FDEV, by giving cheats 3 levels of bans. Players dont want cheats ruining games just BAN them for ever, you already have their money for their games anyway, whats your loss, I know players loose out and that has a financial investment too especially for promotion of the game.

Last edited:
private and solo are the cheat
Nonsense. Know the game you are buying before buying. Open is simply a matchmaking filter in a game which was designed to play on your own if you want. As it stands right now all competitive parts in ED are competitive PvE. This is by design and is far from a cheat. IF you want to add in the chance of some competitive direct PvP then open is there or choose the right PG.
You may not like this design and feel a more direct PvP centric game would be more your cup of tea and that is fine, but many of us backed the game precisely because of that core design.

Personally I would be happy if open was simply not in the game and it was just single player or coop with friends like say L4D or payday.....but I would not ask for opens removal just because it does not interest me.
But open is included optionally to try to appeal to even more people. Not all players are the same. I hate eve precisely because other players are forced on me..... I backed SC despite knowing it would be like it is (indeed I am a little salty because a key feature I liked was the PvP slider........)
I am also salty that FD are imo reneging on their design. Before they conveniently removed the DDF archives (despite them reassuring me they would not) the game detailed had no support for ALL features with MP an optional extra. This design emphasis seems to have been totally changed

Last edited:
Nonsense. Know the game you are buying before buying. Open is simply a matchmaking filter in a game which was designed to play on your own if you want. As it stands right now all competitive parts in ED are competitive PvE. This is by design and is far from a cheat. IF you want to add in the chance of some competitive direct PvP then open is there or choose the right PG.
You may not like this design and feel a more direct PvP centric game would be more your cup of tea and that is fine, but many of us backed the game precisely because of that core design.

Personally I would be happy if open was simply not in the game and it was just single player or coop with friends like say L4D or payday.....but I would not ask for opens removal just because it does not interest me.
But open is included optionally to try to appeal to even more people. Not all players are the same. I hate eve precisely because other players are forced on me..... I backed SC despite knowing it would be like it is (indeed I am a little salty because a key feature I liked was the PvP slider........)
I am also salty that FD are imo reneging on their design. Before they conveniently removed the DDF archives (despite them reassuring me they would not) the game detailed had no support for ALL features with MP an optional extra. This design emphasis seems to have been totally changed

so much word to me, tldr?

Ah, just a thing, i hate pvp. cheers

Well that would explain why you don't understand the core features of the game I suppose
i dont care about core feature written 6 years ago douring backed period. game industry need to evolve in any case, this doesnt means to destroy gameplay but to better optimize the actual one. Theres actually no "competitive pve" in elite dangerous, theres only competitive grinding, is different because u never know if there other doing some stuff in system your interested to, u can just notice when its so late. you probably are a lonely miner or a cg follower, after 4k hours and managing for day one large player group i realli know what i say and really know what this game is actually. destinated to die if some pretty change cant appear because u guys bought a game to play in this way.
Private and solo broke competition, i won...wow...against phantom! wow! no mate,,,,woooooooooow i WON AGAINST PHANTOOOM YEEEEE

i dont care about core feature written 6 years ago douring backed period. game industry need to evolve in any case, this doesnt means to destroy gameplay but to better optimize the actual one. Theres actually no "competitive pve" in elite dangerous, theres only competitive grinding, is different because u never know if there other doing some stuff in system your interested to, u can just notice when its so late. you probably are a lonely miner or a cg follower, after 4k hours and managing for day one large player group i realli know what i say and really know what this game is actually. destinated to die if some pretty change cant appear because u guys bought a game to play in this way.
Private and solo broke competition, i won...wow...against phantom! wow! no mate,,,,woooooooooow i WON AGAINST PHANTOOOM YEEEEE
This is so off-topic, it is just a rant about open v solo and not a very good one at that.

Q: How can a solo player, be cheating a PvP player?

A: They cannot.

...destinated to die if some pretty change cant appear because u guys bought a game to play in this way.
According to a lot of field experts the game was already dead before launch. So get in line, because one day, you guys will be right. This game will die, there will be and end to it, and when it happens, its good to be part of the group that has been yelling it for 10 years and to say, "see? I told yoo!!1!". I say 10, but should say 40, because 30 years ago the situation wasn't any different.

...after 4k hours and managing for day one large player group i realli know what i say and really know what this game is actually.
Time for a conclusion then, right?

Well, this game is in need of a good penalty system against griefers, killing other people just for fun. The "notorious" status is a good idea but there is clearly no penalty for that one. In my opinon you should not be able to dock at any station while beeing "notorious" and in addition you should be hunted by the NPCs even more often than now.

Well, this game is in need of a good penalty system against griefers, killing other people just for fun. The "notorious" status is a good idea but there is clearly no penalty for that one. In my opinon you should not be able to dock at any station while beeing "notorious" and in addition you should be hunted by the NPCs even more often than now.

I agree.
Interdicting NPCs can provide an irritation factor and additional challenge that I think would help provide a counterbalancing deterrent for gaining notoriety.

However there also should be places where the wary player thinks twice before entering and that threat is provided by other players, and PKing is not cheating.

Status
Thread Closed: Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom