... make sure to announce where you are going first (so FD can hurry put stuff in there to find :) ).
This does not work. There's no way that I could have made a louder announcement about the Cassiopeia A expedition (Frontier even published a number of Galnet articles about the event). They knew we were going out looking. We even provided Frontier with a good analog for Cas A located in the right vicinity that they could have just renamed to Cassiopeia A and said, "Good job. We'll take your advice and call this neutron star Cas A."

But no ... the final answer from Michael Brookes was simply that Cassiopeia A doesn't exist in Elite Dangerous. Omitting Sagittarius A* would have been just as egregious!

I'm not bitter or anything.

Well, checked all BH in the S171 XX systems in NGC 7822. Nothing to report. A couple were a bit tricky; S171 11 C and S171 36 C were very close to type B companions ( i.e. a couple of Mm) and it got a bit toasty. Also I expected being so close that the companion would visually surround the BH due to the gravitational lensing effect, but I hit the body exclusion zone in both without that happening.

Can't rename ship at Gorgon Research - no livery facilties! Deep Fernweh will have to wait. Might mooch back to the bubble next, but dog requires a walk first...

Tried to search on map "cassiopeiae" - didn't found even "ao cassiopeiae" ...searching "androme" found "andromedae" and "breamen" in loop ...can't see how they can be same...

I wasn't being facetious, be careful over spelling. It may differ in-game from external sources. I just now searched for AO Cass & it took me straight there. It's Alpha Oscar, not Alpha zero. And I don’t think there’s an e at the end in-game.

Last edited:
getting caught up on all that I missed is tedious but Im starting to slowly get there. I was passed on a theory by a friend and colleage in Canonn Resarch Group. For now, its just their theory but Im going to look into it and see where it goes. Its interesting enough. If it leads anywhere I'll post what I find here... As to not continue to flood this place with just theories. Which there a lot of!

Good luck commanders, fly safe! o7

This does not work. ,,,
I'm not bitter or anything.

But you made an effort and you got a response.

Not all ideas are matching the Raxxla narrative nor its destined path. But I am pretty sure something in a million will be interesting enough to be related.

And there might even be cases where you go to your announced destination, expecting to find something specific, but the Raxxla clue is something you can't even have imagined to search for. It might be there still, just not the way you expected it to be.

Can we find Raxxla unless we go search for it? Depends on how we define 'search'.
Can we invent Raxxla unless we go imagine stuff for it? Depends on how we define 'imagine'.

You made a great adventure out of it. That is a path to Raxxla.

So from my understanding of the Constellation Cassiopeia in ED is you should be able to see the Constellations when you Select Sol from the Galaxy Map.

My issue is if we know the main stars that form Cassiopeia. Why is it the constellation line itself not show in ED galaxy map from Sol perspective?

Tellus, also called Terra Mater, ancient Roman earth goddess. Probably of great antiquity, she was concerned with the productivity of the earth and was later identified with the mother-goddess Cybele. Her temple on the Esquiline Hill dated from about 268 bc. There is a system in game called Cybele. https://eddb.io/system/3936 is the system. There is an Alliance player group based there.

Tellus, also called Terra Mater, ancient Roman earth goddess. Probably of great antiquity, she was concerned with the productivity of the earth and was later identified with the mother-goddess Cybele. Her temple on the Esquiline Hill dated from about 268 bc. There is a system in game called Cybele. https://eddb.io/system/3936 is the system. There is an Alliance player group based there.
However her MALE counterpart is far more interesting. The Tellus system has a type L star with 8 moons. The word tellus, telluris is also a Latin common noun for "land, territory; earth," as is terra, "earth, ground". In literary uses, particularly in poetry, it may be ambiguous as to whether the goddess, a personification, or the common noun is meant.

However her MALE counterpart is far more interesting. The Tellus system has a type L star with 8 moons. The word tellus, telluris is also a Latin common noun for "land, territory; earth," as is terra, "earth, ground". In literary uses, particularly in poetry, it may be ambiguous as to whether the goddess, a personification, or the common noun is meant.
The Greek for Tellus is Gaia and of course, Gaia is known as Mother Earth.

Guys in my search for Raxxla

Also, the 8th moon story, I think in the game we are NOT having 8 visible moons, but instead is the 8th in the real life. https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neptune's_moons, Triton is permit blocked, owned by Mother Gaia faction (no way of getting the permit) and is actually the 8th moon of Neptune.

CMDR. Briben source of ideas was maybe (expeculation) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Code_of_the_Lifemaker, just a theory haha.
The dates match with elite development time, and they had taloids instead of thargoids. Instead of titan he used triton...

I have to say that not having ANY say from frontier about how to get the permits for Lave moon and Triton is quite disappointing and the reason I'm just firing the game once in a while. At some point there is absolutely nothing else to research towards Raxxla.

Guys in my search for Raxxla

Also, the 8th moon story, I think in the game we are NOT having 8 visible moons, but instead is the 8th in the real life. https://simple.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Neptune's_moons, Triton is permit blocked, owned by Mother Gaia faction (no way of getting the permit) and is actually the 8th moon of Neptune.
Spent several hours last week around Calisto, real life 8th moon of Jupiter, based on exactly this idea. Next need to try Saturns 8th moon Enceladus

Edit: may have to do a recount of the moons and try again :)

Last edited:

Scytale

Banned
About "mother of galaxies", just to remind to our English speakers excellent fellow-threaders that in some other localisation of the game, the wording would be translated as "mother of all the galaxies". Can Cassiopea be called this ? Or shall we remind the many times proven inconsistencies in FD translations, astronomy and story unfolding and say: "meh.. same thing..." ?
( Some other subtle differences in the other verses too. Keywords: корона , cima, etc..)

Last edited:
About "mother of galaxies", just to remind to our English speakers excellent fellow-threaders that in some other localisation of the game, the wording would be translated as "mother of all the galaxies". Can Cassiopea be called this ? Or shall we remind the many times proven inconsistencies in FD translations, astronomy and story unfolding and say: "meh.. same thing..." ?
( Some other subtle differences in the other verses too. Keywords: корона , cima, etc..)

Gravity is the mother of all galaxies. Without it we'd all just be hydrogen soup.

I feel like, since the game creators first language is English, it should be safe to assume that the way it's written in English is how it should be taken

Last edited:

From my understanding on google which I guess the literal translation is The Mother of Galaxies can refer as the Milky Way itself.
Meaning the only Galaxy that bore life.

Scytale

Banned
I feel, like since the game creators first language is English, it should be safe to assume that the way it's written in English is how it should be taken
Oh, yes, am I dumb ? Let just have the others players around the World searching for their own greasy Raxxla wherever they think it may be. Of course. Very FD-esque !
Err.. but what if the translation in other languages was more revealing, specific than in English ??? Naaah.. Can't be. Or... ?
From my understanding on google which I guess the literal translation is The Mother of Galaxies can refer as the Milky Way itself.
Meaning the only Galaxy that bore life.
Besides when looking at the night sky, MW surrounded by trillions of galaxies really looks like their "mother" to me.

Last edited:
Oh, yes, am I dumb ? Other players around the World just have to search for their own greasy Raxxla wherever they think it may be. Of course. Very FD-esque !

Besides when looking at the night sky, MW surrounded by trillions of galaxies really looks like their "mother" to me.

Life meaning humans and other species.

You are saying they did a "public post" of art, to NOT engage in a question about the posted art? And here I am, engaging with a internet rando about my public post about their public art. It gets pretty Meta ...

Confirmation bias is real.

Edit:

Whenever someone is asked something, they can answer in a few ways

1. Positive/Affirmation
2. Negative/Refutation
3. Does not answer/No data

For some weird reason, you have a leap of logic from "Does not answer" equating to "Positive its related to Raxxla".

Its as if I ask the government "Do aliens exist?" and interpreting their silence as "aliens exist".

There can be many reasons as to why they do not engage.

Last edited:
Top Bottom