As far as I am aware, The Club were invented for Salome Phase III. It's possible Raxxla has been retconned to be associated with them, but that's not reflected in the Codex. I'd say TDW is still the way to go.
I don't think so. According to Drew, the Club is an FD in house concept. They are a tool for explaining strange political and technological changes (updates and new versions).
The Club is essentially FD's in-game persona.
Drew got handed the Club and merged it with the Salome story.

If it's directions then surely the last step is the only important one. Like, I can get to Heart and Soul without needing to go via NGC 7822, so just tell me to go to H&S. Unless Raxxla has magic powers and knows where I've been.

Doesn’t have to be magical, its protected by rogue AI that interrogate your ship’s travel history! 😉

I still want to know why my PC crashed as I tested my penultimate hypothesis!!!
Just as the hyperspace transition went a bit weird...........

I wonder if Raxxla could be a Thorne-Zytgow object that causes a massive FSD superccharge or unlocks other travel capabilities. There is a track in the official ED soundtrack that references Thorne Zytgow objects.

Interesting hypothesis, a red giant/supergiant with a neutron star at its centre.
Interesting because if you target a giant/supergiant it never locks on, the info box just keeps spiralling. Bug, or intentional FD feature to hide Raxxla? But presumably the neutron star lobes would still be visible & enterable, otherwise you’d never get to the neutron boost.....

So what is the latest news about figuring out the locations of the 6 star systems in the Dark Wheel toast? Last I checked all evidence still clearly pointed to Zeta Cassiopeia as the first system. Is there a strong case for any of the others yet?

For those of you who have seen the original Stargate movie, there is a cool scene where James Spader's character explains how you need to know 6 points in space (the center of each face of a cube) to pinpoint a target location (the center of the interior of a cube).

I am still assuming that this is what the clues in the 6 lines of the toast mean, and that finding them will point to either Raxxla itself (unlikely) or to the next Dark Wheel clue, perhaps the system with the dark wheel station itself around the 8th moon of a gas giant.

So, where do things stand in this front? Any news or promising leads?
I still like Aganippe for Parents Greif/lovers woe

If they waypoints contain clues then they're either extremely well hidden, or the systems we need to visit aren't any of the obvious ones.

I firmly believe that TDW is hooked into UC and will contact us when we've visited whatever collection of systems their entrance criteria are based on.

But IFF the toast is a clue and a set of waypoints, then it doesn’t matter the distance between those waypoints, this would be a set of absolutes not relative directions. This was my penultimate hypothesis- travel to Zeta Cass (jewel on brow), travel to siren (NGC 7822), travel to Broken Heart XXX. Your travel history is the “journey you had to undertake” and is visible to the game engine (AI protecting Raxxla if you want a lore explanation 😉). I still want to know why my PC crashed as I made the last jump, with weird hyperspace transition graphic on the shadowplay recording, whereas Macros had no such crash when he jumped at the same position- one obvious answer is that he hadn’t travelled the route. IFF this hypothesis is correct then maybe I negated my travel history as I did a bit of searching on all the Broken Heart Cluster systems whereas perhaps I should have gone straight to it.
The journey was a long and tedious one however, so I have no urgent desire to retrace the path.....

Last edited:
I followed the clues, the best I could IN/OUT of the game.

And your point is valid in logic but not circumstance. If this was a debate, you might get a point. I'm just here to present the data I have. And I am not saying it's correct, but I can tell you why I have the data and conclusions.

We have an artist (Max Centra) who loves posting on multiple sites that are public, images of their personal work, with a lot of detail about the work. He will answer information about everything that is commercial, except the work he did while at FDEV, that has the same background as the Eisler/Hodstock image, with the same type of robot, with imagery fits the current codex image for Raxxla. Even the dice markings are the same type (dice symbols for "hard" rolls) on his image created at the time he was technical director for ELITE DANGEROUS, same as the illustrated image from Eisler about Raxxla.

Given the markings, color, symbol, background desert, and robots nature, combined with the timeframe in which he created the piece and released it without labeling what it was in are all factors. I am not asking an unknown government group about classified things. I am asking an individual, about their life's work - which they made public.

You have a hypothesis, reasoned from your available evidence. The thing to do is see if it gives you any predictions that you can then test.

I checked it out and a lot of the neighboring systems pretty thoroughly with the FSS.

But we know the dark wheel station is stealthy to avoid detection, so we assume that means it can’t be detected by fss . Perhaps only when quite close, or maybe a visual detection is required, by parallax, by dropping out of SC at the 8th moon...it could be that Raxxla is similarly stealthy (if it’s an astronomical body & not hidden in plain sight like a black hole that must be entered to trigger a hyperspace jump).

Last edited:
I think the whisper in witch space may refer to ngc 7822, you can see it really far away. When your about to jump it seems to stay an extra second on the skybox(not sure if all this kind of nebula do that) maybe described as a whisper right before 'which space". Also thought I would ask about servasti logs referring to thunder child "going dark in '69". Could that mean they went dark in col sector 69.(big sector and not going to plot though it by accident since the permit locks around it)

I agree that NGC 7822 might be the siren in witchspace, according to EDSM it was named “Siren of the Spinward Stars” (I think fairly recently which in itself is interesting, but can’t find a date for that)
There’s a separate thread for GCS Sarasvati, though it seems to have gone quiet again https://forums.frontier.co.uk/threads/gcs-sarasvati-early-thargoid-lookout-megaship.380074/page-18

Last edited:
So what is the latest news about figuring out the locations of the 6 star systems in the Dark Wheel toast? Last I checked all evidence still clearly pointed to Zeta Cassiopeia as the first system. Is there a strong case for any of the others yet?

For those of you who have seen the original Stargate movie, there is a cool scene where James Spader's character explains how you need to know 6 points in space (the center of each face of a cube) to pinpoint a target location (the center of the interior of a cube).

I am still assuming that this is what the clues in the 6 lines of the toast mean, and that finding them will point to either Raxxla itself (unlikely) or to the next Dark Wheel clue, perhaps the system with the dark wheel station itself around the 8th moon of a gas giant.

So, where do things stand in this front? Any news or promising leads?

All hypotheses are promising! until they fail 🙂

Got to be the correct BH! 🙂
I just tried another one >: Same results ...nothing :D (as you see I'm even aligned with other stars there, they have 114000 days period, so basically will stay such position very long and could be used as targeting device)
Damn ..won't attach screenshot.. any way tried with 27 gama cas, so when was entering BH 2 another stars were just behind me exactly.

Last edited:
I just tried another one >: Same results ...nothing :D (as you see I'm even aligned with other stars there, they have 114000 days period, so basically will stay such position very long and could be used as targeting device)

Keep trying, you don’t suffer damage, just loss of time but thats why we play..to solve the mystery. Think I’ve done around 20 BH in the last couple of days. 🤪

That’s the attraction of this hypothesis- BH are not uncommon, fits the codex clues (omphalos, rift, spiralling stars, astrophel), they have been in-game from the beginning, people might try one or two then stop trying them, so a good hiding spot

Keep trying, you don’t suffer damage, just loss of time but thats why we play..to solve the mystery. Think I’ve done around 20 BH in the last couple of days. 🤪
You should search NS+BH pairs ...at least "NS" sounds like whisper if u FSS it + they have huge periods, means can be used pair as direction pointer and through BH lense u can see something hidden in that direction.

Upd: HIP 3736 has all-in-one :D 8+ moons, blackhole, neutron star, and it is near her mirror-face on picture.

Last edited:
Just an observation, was messing around in Diso the other day and looking at the permit locked 5C, the one with the massive crater, tried to fly down and got the message so targeted for Lave and carried on. Realised the Lave target was in the near centre of the crater from my position, ie you could draw a a straight line from Lave straight though the 'meteor' crater and on towards where I don't know, was thinking more in terms of signals or similar myself, broadcast from Lave to Diso 5c or the other way round. Now I think that's just a coincidence but 5C iirc is tidally locked so depends on orbit whether its always true? Will be facing Lave 50% of the time and obscured by the planet 50%?

Haven't checked the line to see if it goes further, haven't lined up Lave 2 either. Not sure Id know how to interpret it if it does. Just observations, probably misunderstandings, just that its Diso & Lave so thought Id mention it.

Can I check, the DW are still the 'goodies' right? and the club are the new 'baddies'? The club or a cabal at the top may or may not know where Raxxla is but the DW don't know by all accounts and are still searching for it, yes? Anything ret-conned that I've missed / got completely wrong?

All hypotheses are promising! until they fail 🙂
I hadn't considered, find all 6 locations of the Toast, and plot what's in the middle of them, instead of waypointing them... 🤔

It makes sense, if you imagined looking out from Raxxla the way we do Earth, the Toast could be to their 6 most prominent astral bodies, the way we have constellations and the North Star (Polaris)...

Top Bottom