Patch Notes September Update - Patch 1

They don't need reminding at all.
The animosity and aggression directed towards FD is just mind boggling.
There are ways to get your point across without people being rude, hostile and acting like a petulant child.
Really, how? I’ve sent well worded email after email and no replies? FDEV get so much animosity because they stick their head in the sand, ignore everyone and tell us absolutely nothing then every 4/6 months they expect us to get excited about an update that benefits only new players and we all know they will break the game again!
Zero communication regarding the update next year, we could almost be forgiven for thinking it’s nit happening anymore!
If they communicated more people would be far more understanding!

Installed the Patch this afternoon. Still cannot play game. I have a PPPoE DSL connection I have played ED for 4-1/2 years without any connectivity issues whatsoever with the FD servers. Then this vaunted September Update comes down, then the first patch, an I still cannot connect to the FD servers without "Unable to initialize network. Please check your connection". Does not FD do any beta-testing before buggy software such as this is released? Really disappointed in FD for this poor quality update so we can have this ARX make believe currency. I do not care about ARX if it keeps me from accessing my game and play the game. I play ED on an engineering WS with Win 7 64-bit. FDev ought ensure ED continues to work on the legacy platforms (PC's) it was popularized on. I checked the internet security on my rig and all ED executable are trusted with standard firewall permissions. And nothing has changed with my PPPoE DSL network connection. What has changed is how ED communicates with the FD servers. FIX THIS -- Restore what once worked right and reliably. Normally I am patient over 4 1/2 years of ED gaming with update bugs. But this is so egregious that this is the second time (since 2017 with the Galaxy Map mouse selection problem) I have posted a complaint about quality of the game.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    206.9 KB · Views: 230
Last edited:
Installed the Patch this afternoon. Still cannot play game. I have a PPPoE DSL connection I have played ED for 4-1/2 years without any connectivity issues whatsoever with the FD servers. Then this vaunted September Update comes down, then the first patch, an I still cannot connect to the FD servers without "Unable to initialize network. Please check your connection". Does not FD do any beta-testing before buggy software such as this is released? Really disappointed in FD for this poor quality update so we can have this ARX make believe currency. I do not care about ARX if it keeps me from accessing my game and play the game. I play ED on an engineering WS with Win 7 64-bit. FDev ought ensure ED continues to work on the legacy platforms (PC's) it was popularized on. I checked the internet security on my rig and all ED executable are trusted with standard firewall permissions. And nothing has changed with my PPPoE DSL network connection. What has changed is how ED communicates with the FD servers. FIX THIS -- Restore what once worked right and reliably. Normally I am patient over 4 1/2 years of ED gaming with update bugs. But this is so egregious that this is the second time (since 2017 with the Galaxy Map mouse selection problem) I have posted a complaint about quality of the game.
Network
  • Fixed issue with players not being able to connect through a VPN
Seem to recall something about Options / Network having new settings to fiddle with...
[Edit: Found in the original patch notes thread:]
Network
  • Correctly display which network adapter is being used by the game in the network options, as well as preferring a wired network connection over a wireless one if both are found
  • Fixed edge cases where players were being placed in the same instance as players they had blocked
  • Added unique error codes to disconnections, for players to use when reporting issues

Last edited:
So... almost a week after patch, game is still non-functional.
Yes, my networking does not have most standard setup possible, but it was working before and other things work too.
This looks more like self-sabotage to me than anything else, people cannot spend money in new shiny store if they cannot even login into the game.

You call it moaning, I think it's keeping them aware that all is not fine the way it is.
They are aware without the constant moaning. It doesn't achieve anything.

Imho I don't think I'm giving them a very hard time over it, I'll never jump to personal attacks, those are inexcusable but a bit of complaining and pointing out what's wrong, there's nothing wrong with that.
Not you personally, but it all adds up with the rest. It's doesn't help and it's not going to help Fdev.

Since these forums are the only way to communicate with them it's obvious that all complaints take place right here.
That's fine, but their is complaining and complaining for the sake of it.

I give them credit where it's due and let them know when they screw up.
Personally I think the new store looks good although it could do with some more options like recently added or an all shipkits, squadron paints, etc, filter.
The new player experience seems to work out well too.
Agreed

And there's of course the fact that ED is still the best spacegame out there, and a good looking one at that.

The continues stacking of bugs is not good, yes they fix some bugs with each update but not as many as being added.
The stacking has been very gradual, but again this is the same with most games. It's unavoidable if we want a game to continue to evolve. When development slows or stops, many more bugs will be fixed. It's not worth the effort complaining about something that is inevitable.

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the jumps countdown bug, (showed garbled text in left mfd when it reached one) that was introduced in the April update has actually been fixed and now works fine. No mention of this in the list of fixed bugs for this patch. Odd, but well done FD for fixing this, was driving me mad.

Just got a Black Adder code while simply leaving a station. No idea what it means.

(BTW, the auto launch of a Federal Corvette is like playing pinball - it just keeps throwing you against the wall while waiting in the queue).

I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the jumps countdown bug, (showed garbled text in left mfd when it reached one) that was introduced in the April update has actually been fixed and now works fine. No mention of this in the list of fixed bugs for this patch. Odd, but well done FD for fixing this, was driving me mad.
That was in the September update patch notes

Mission Board and Passengers Lounge are still broken, on PS4. Worldwide.

Guys, when do you think of solving this very serious problem that is KILLing all our BGS?

Top Bottom